Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Perception

PAINDOTCOM

How does perception work? Whats the range you have to be within? Or is it I just use it and when a stealth comes within range I see them? Just would like to know so I know how it works and how to avoid it when on a assassin.

2 hours ago, PAINDOTCOM said:

How does perception work? Whats the range you have to be within? Or is it I just use it and when a stealth comes within range I see them? Just would like to know so I know how it works and how to avoid it when on a assassin.

stealth is buggy

the way it is meant to work:

- people only have the capacity to see you when they have an active 'SHADOW SIGHT' buff on them [e.g. from ranger, elken, molehunter, illusionist]

- when this buff is up the base range they've talked about would be 25 meters - but only in a 180 degree cone in front of where you character - not camera - is facing - e.g. someone can sneak up to you from the side or behind 

- then at this point the Stealth stat works against their Perception stat to determine the actual range of that "25 meter" visibility. i think 25m is the "top end" of the possible reveal distance. e.g. if they have high perception and you had zero stealth. if the stats were the other way around these meter range would reduce etc.

Edited by Tinnis

Honestly, Tinnis is combining two different versions of stealth into a mess.

The truth is, none of it works 100% correctly yet. Until they tell us its fixed (which would require them to proactive tell us something is working as intended), its buggy. The way it was most recently described in a livestream can be found here; https://stealthed.blog/crowfall-stealth-take-two/

Even as the author, I fully admit to being skeptical this is how the system will launch. Their is no true comparison of stealth skill vs perception skill. this is the old system (as is the 180 degree radius, it is now 360). Instead these stats simply determine the size of your "bubble". If you use the active ability which turns on shadow sight, and the stealth players bubble is touching that active-user's perception bubble, they get revealed.

Again, this is how it was described at length, but its pretty obvious that numerous abilities are bugged/broken right now in regard to the above implementation.

Edited by Scree