Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't think so, but the game will take a percentage of sales. There will also be, at some point, the ability to tax vendor sales. So the vendor that you placed in your building, on someone else's parcel, in someone else's kingdom, makes a sale. The game takes a cut, the parcel owner takes a cut (depending on setup) and the kingdom owner takes a cut (again, depending on setup). Whatever is left goes to you.

The vendor upkeep is a pain. It's going to make it so only a few high volume sellers will be able to afford and use them. The tax from sale's should be enough. If this is to prevent people from using vendors for storage then please find another way. If there is actually a good reason to have a vendor upkeep that I'm not seeing then at least shut it off when the EK isn't up and running.

Other than that the vendor system is cool and a supper addition to the game.

Edited by Kcing

1 hour ago, Kcing said:

The vendor upkeep is crap. It's going to make it so only a few high volume sellers will be able to afford and use them. The tax from sale's should be enough. If this is to prevent people from using vendors for storage then please find another way. If there is actually a good reason to have a vendor upkeep that I'm not seeing then at least shut it off when the EK isn't up and running.

I can guarantee you, if vendors didn't have an upkeep, I'd use them as storage. Which is a good reason to have it.
Upkeep is the quickest, simplest way of preventing this from happening. Upkeep used to be more severe anyway, to the point where it really wasn't fair. But I'd say that 480g a day in upkeep is more than fair, especially if you're actually using your vendor/s to make sales.

1 minute ago, Arkade said:

480g really isn't that much money. Not when mobs can drop in excess of 200g. 

As a new player it can take 30 to 45 min to make that killing Boars which is what I had to do to get my vendor out of repossession. I plan on catering to new players and the 480 a day were talking about is going to be a huge burden to make any profit from a new player standpoint. I also don't see the harm of using a vendor as a very expensive storage unit however if there is actually harm in it they could come up with another way to discourage it like making it so you cant retrieve the items once you put it into the vendor system  but only delete them or change the price for a cost.

Anyway 1 of the great things about the USA is we can disagree about stuff and still be friends. I assume it't the same overseas.

51 minutes ago, Arkade said:

480g really isn't that much money. Not when mobs can drop in excess of 200g. 

I think the issue is more that if you log out the cost still accrues, while the vendor isn't active.  It seems like it would be fair to disable the upkeep cost when the vendor goes on holiday, since the upkeep should be balanced against (potential) income.

2 hours ago, Kcing said:

As a new player it can take 30 to 45 min to make that killing Boars which is what I had to do to get my vendor out of repossession. I plan on catering to new players and the 480 a day were talking about is going to be a huge burden to make any profit from a new player standpoint. I also don't see the harm of using a vendor as a very expensive storage unit however if there is actually harm in it they could come up with another way to discourage it like making it so you cant retrieve the items once you put it into the vendor system  but only delete them or change the price for a cost.

Anyway 1 of the great things about the USA is we can disagree about stuff and still be friends. I assume it't the same overseas.

As a new player, putting up a vendor probably shouldn't be your #1 priority. Right now we are in testing, so anything goes, but if you are starting out with nothing and no skills trained, the first thing you are going to do isn't going to be to put up a vendor. It will take time before you or anyone can even create a vendor and time before you have anything to sell on that vendor other than low grade resources. 

Beyond that, the mobs in this game other than the spider queen are easy to beat, regardless of rank. You can easily kill rank 10 mobs with nothing but basic weapons and zero training if you know what you are doing, regardless of what race/class you pick. That may change in the future, but it isn't hard to get money right now. I killed a rank 10 cat a couple hours ago that dropped 231 gold. That's almost half of my daily vendor upkeep in less than a minute.

They are going to be adding more mob types and the world is going to get bigger. We need to see how that will affect gold drops. I'm sure there will be a lot of tweaking between now and launch, so I wouldn't get hung up on the vendor upkeep costs right now.

1 hour ago, Whoom said:

I think the issue is more that if you log out the cost still accrues, while the vendor isn't active.  It seems like it would be fair to disable the upkeep cost when the vendor goes on holiday, since the upkeep should be balanced against (potential) income.

If you take the vendor down, it stops costing you money. Whatever money is in the coffer is saved. You do have to remove all the items first, but if you are selling single items rather than stacks of items, the fee to relist them is only 1g each. Still cheaper than spending 10g every 30 minutes when you are offline.

I leave my vendor up, but I have a vendor on an alt account that I use for transferring stuff to this account. I take that down after I use it so it doesn't continue to cost me money.

Edited by Arkade

52 minutes ago, Arkade said:

As a new player, putting up a vendor probably shouldn't be your #1 priority. Right now we are in testing, so anything goes, but if you are starting out with nothing and no skills trained, the first thing you are going to do isn't going to be to put up a vendor. It will take time before you or anyone can even create a vendor and time before you have anything to sell on that vendor other than low grade resources. 

Beyond that, the mobs in this game other than the spider queen are easy to beat, regardless of rank. You can easily kill rank 10 mobs with nothing but basic weapons and zero training if you know what you are doing, regardless of what race/class you pick. That may change in the future, but it isn't hard to get money right now. I killed a rank 10 cat a couple hours ago that dropped 231 gold. That's almost half of my daily vendor upkeep in less than a minute.

They are going to be adding more mob types and the world is going to get bigger. We need to see how that will affect gold drops. I'm sure there will be a lot of tweaking between now and launch, so I wouldn't get hung up on the vendor upkeep costs right now.

Yes - good advice. My concern isn't about me being the new player but wanting to supply other new players with low rank and low cost items without taking a loss myself. But your totally correct it isn't something to worry about at this time. ArtCraft is proving there doing everything they can to make a outstanding game and I will continue to put my trust into them.

If your vendor isnt making enough for your upkeep then the system is broken or you're prices are broken. If the upkeep was connected to the amount sold on a vendor, that would work also. So casually build one item a day and put it on your vendor as soon as the other single item sold.

You would be a terrible vendor but your upkeep would be low.

Ideally Id like to see upkeep as a tax proportional to the value of the items stored on the vendor.  That discourages using it only as storage, and makes upkeep have a realistic relation to the amount of business it does.

I love the vendor system.

I mean, i hate it.

But I LOVE it!

This whole "Man, you told me to sit here and sell you stuff ... so either you pay me or I - WONT - MOVE - AN - INCH" feels like a pain but is much to much fun to be really angry about it. I mean, he was there, right? So he has to get the money. If you can't afford it, put the vendor out of the stall early enough.

I hate it because it costs me coins (and by this effort). But i love the idea and i think it is a great solution. And ... it's a great method to adjust the number of vendors (by lowering or expanding the costs of them) - a setting that can be changed if necessary. 

15 hours ago, Kcing said:

Yes - good advice. My concern isn't about me being the new player but wanting to supply other new players with low rank and low cost items without taking a loss myself. But your totally correct it isn't something to worry about at this time. ArtCraft is proving there doing everything they can to make a outstanding game and I will continue to put my trust into them.

So you want to run a charity and not lose money. You can't do both.

Charge people enough to make your costs, or be philanthropic and eat some of the costs. We run five guild vendors in our guild EK, and I pay for ALL of them, and the markup on every item is exactly 10 gold just to help pay for the vendor. They aren't as expensive as you think they are. I keep them all topped off over 4000 gold without going out of my way to farm gold and I'm ACTUALLY running a charity with 5 vendors.

Perhaps we could capture thralls as vendors, forcing them to sell for us without the gold cost, but perhaps an alternative cost, to keep them in servitude. Just an idea, always fun to give options.