Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shadowbane Alliances And Enemies

seventhbeacon

Shadowbane players! I'm curious to hear your best stories about natural enemies that you ended up joining forces with to deal with a common enemy.  I just think like those would be really awesome to hear.  In-game team ups, Shadowbane Forumbane campaigns, you name it!

CN is at the top of my list, always. As far as guilds that I'm eternal enemies with? There's a few irritating ones I won't even mention because they don't deserve the shout-out. But any guild who subbed to China like AustinP on live. He was on the list of people i'd pk irl for a while there.

I think Vaylor is the most notorious CN cupper.

Him and Corvus sold out Wrath.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Hehe, awesome.  All the chaos and violence in that video, though, it's too much for my virgin eyes!  It'll be interesting to see how conflicts take shape once CF launches, still holding out hope for the persistent world and player-made justice.  Play 2 Crush and all that.  Alliances can form in the weirdest places sometimes, though I try to deny it.  With a strong guild I'd like to think that I won't end up with my pixels disabled. ;)

Massive carnage.  All those players getting out by zergs. Come to think of it, there's no way to avoid being a victim from time to time. Will you be staying in the Dregs most of the time when Crowfall comes out?

quite a few guilds banded together in darkfall, once we realized that everybody, except us, is nutcupping

Everyone accuses everyone else of nutcupping and always claims to be immune from it.

There was a period of time where SB + Afghanistan were a very large force on EU. It was made in response to an even larger force, but just as any reactionary coalition, once the enemy is defeated there's usually some period where you become the monster you tried to defeat, like what happened with CotC after Hyperion was killed.

That said, SB alliance was considerably less zergy than the average alliance.

Everyone accuses everyone else of nutcupping and always claims to be immune from it.

There was a period of time where SB + Afghanistan were a very large force on EU. It was made in response to an even larger force, but just as any reactionary coalition, once the enemy is defeated there's usually some period where you become the monster you tried to defeat, like what happened with CotC after Hyperion was killed.

That said, SB alliance was considerably less zergy than the average alliance.

oh I accuse others...without thinking twice :)

when SD started out at the beginning, we played as a solo-guild, we could field like 50-70 people... only to be zerged at 4am by 600 or so DUSK nutcuppers. the whole custard desert.

then DUSK was friendly with that elven alliance... and was friendly with the mainland alfars...

the whole custard SW, nearly 1/5th of the custard map wasn't fighting each other... it was god damn awful.

and afghans got hired multiple times to fight against us.

We had them up on the erinthel hills quite a lot.

that alliance was on thin ice anyways... ask Maj and Click :D :D :D

edit

geezus %+@!$#?&*^ these word replacements...

Edited by freeze

The biggest case where it occurred would be IMHO the Throne of Oblivion Beta test. When Ubisoft/Wolfpac came up with their second expansion they decided that they would send Beta invites to players but weight them by server population. What ended up happening is that instead of trying to form cross server "guilds" we formed server "guilds". So we had the Vengeance Server Guild, Mourning Server Guild, Entropy Server Guild and one other that I can't remember because they were a non factor. So you ended up with people in the Guild that you were actively fighting back on the live server. It got to the point where we would fight at a siege on the same side on the Beta server, finish it then go fight against each other at a siege on the live server.

Then there is the Frenemy guilds like mine, Lemures Bellicus , Commanders Reborn (Cash and Phylor) and Crime Syndicate (Headlight/Kickit). On servers where small guilds could compete we would fight each other, then on servers that you needed 30+ bros to compete we would ally up into a nation. We also had cross pollination between the guilds such as when my guild left SB but I and a few others stayed behind and joined in with Crime Syndicate.

Ah the picture from your honeymoon.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Who said something about controlling Undead Island from server open to server close?

Who got Guard Dogs removed from the game completely and made the devs tie Barracks to Trees instead of letting them get placed around runegates?

Oh, yeah...GoW did.

Hi kids.  Looking forward to making the devs change the mechanics of the game to keep us down, yet again.

We teamed up with War Pigs to crush out Brona and his silly guild of nobodies, I remember that. 

I also remember summon chaning our entire guild into FH's capitol city to take it over.  Oh, and so many banes with WMD where we'd kill each other when it was over just because, pvp and bacon.

Edited by Goros

We teamed up with War Pigs to crush out Brona and his silly guild of nobodies, I remember that. 

Nothing is better than joining forces with the other big guilds on a server to crush the small ones.  Those were good times.

Edited by jah

IhhQKY6.gif

nah at the time they outnumbered us but loved to talk smack so we buried them.

No they didn't.  I was in that guild, and can attest that they were as you said, a silly guild of nobodies.  They had a hard time filling a single group, utterly lacked priests or other support toons, didn't use voice comms, and had about 2 finished characters in the entire nation.  

I actually enjoyed getting crushed by your alliance and watching our city burn to the ground-- it was a good intro to the game.  But the spin you guys put on it, wow.  And you still believe it?  More wow.

IhhQKY6.gif