Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Questions about packages among other things...

I looked around and I didn't see much information regarding a question about packages.  Each package available has different rewards, but I didn't see anything that tied them together other than digital game and forum access.  Do the higher packages include what comes in the lower-tiered packages or are they all completely different types at different prices?  Does the VIP also reset up until the soft launch(if there is one)?

From what little I could find(or looked for), this seems to have 'seasons(not unlike For Honor)' where most everything is wiped after an extended period of time and reset?  I don't see a lot of info on Eternal Kingdoms and how they work.

On another note; what loot system is there for pvp;  Full loot, some items destroyed(like Albion Online), or is most of it protected by the system(until the campaign ends)?

How many characters per account(If some crafting chains or rp itch needs filling)?  How does this affect faction play?

These are a few questions I have for now.  I ask for specifics as of the game in its current state if applicable and can be provided.

4 minutes ago, AatxeGorri said:

this seems to have 'seasons(not unlike For Honor)'

Not exactly, the campaigns are worlds, more like a new server, which have a beginning and a ending. Once the campaign ends, you can take out a certain amount of things, and bring with you into the next campaign. Campaigns can have different Rulesets.

7 minutes ago, AatxeGorri said:

How many characters per account(If some crafting chains or rp itch needs filling)?

The passive skilltraining and the vessel (which is essentially your body) will stay persistent after campaigns. Which also means, that you are able to switch bodies (different classes and races are possible here), but you will not be able to create a new character, as your account is one character with multiple bodies and determines which professions you can do. 

8 minutes ago, AatxeGorri said:

what loot system is there for pvp; 

Currently, everything in your inventory can be looted, except for the weapons and armor you wear. But the campaign system could bring different loot rules in the future, like true full loot, or even protected inventories. 

9 minutes ago, AatxeGorri said:

I don't see a lot of info on Eternal Kingdoms and how they work.

Eternal Kingdoms, are essentially player housing. After the end of a campaign, the stuff you could take out, will be available in your EK to do with it as you please. The owner of the EK determines if there is pvp, and who has access to that EK. He will later also be able to allow other players to build in his EK, so that a Guild could build a big EK for itself, with marketplaces and arenas. 

I looked around and I didn't see much information regarding a question about packages.  Each package available has different rewards, but I didn't see anything that tied them together other than digital game and forum access.  Do the higher packages include what comes in the lower-tiered packages or are they all completely different types at different prices?  Does the VIP also reset up until the soft launch(if there is one)?

outside of the $50 base package that includes test access/full game copy i wouldnt worry about it. can also buy add-ons as well.

vip will not be consumed until soft launch.

From what little I could find(or looked for), this seems to have 'seasons(not unlike For Honor)' where most everything is wiped after an extended period of time and reset?  I don't see a lot of info on Eternal Kingdoms and how they work.

campaign worlds - where the fighting take place reset - but player "eternal kingdoms" - player housing / trade / social hub worlds do not reset and this is where store items are only usuable

On another note; what loot system is there for pvp;  Full loot, some items destroyed(like Albion Online), or is most of it protected by the system(until the campaign ends)?

looting will vary by campaign world. again though, most store items will be more limited to the eternal kingdoms - which are unlikely to have unintentional looting

in campaign worlds there will be a variety of inventory looting and or equipped looting based on the danger of the world.

10 minutes ago, AatxeGorri said:

How many characters per account(If some crafting chains or rp itch needs filling)?  How does this affect faction play?

via the passive training you can train at least 2-4 races and 2-4 classes at once. then on top of that you have a default of 6 vessel slots at once [can get +3 via store at some point in future]. character swapping is more 'fluid' than other games

check out the FAQS

http://crowfall.com/en/faq/

how to play

https://crowfall.com/en/how-to-play/

Official Tutorials playlist

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVKduOhPTRsKqb1g7pa40JtqAXpqDyi6k

and unofficial summary via

https://sites.google.com/site/crowfallresource/

>

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTCvwS8uIm1IkHxCjB7usjzLUGM4kn30Y5k61ZpnPz8OtUPD6emjMaX-7HvxrpfLm2tlcce7hbFwu8o/pub

Thanks for the fast replies and answers.

However, my first question is not to be brushed away, but it may have been answered.  I'll ask again to confirm details.  The FAQ does give me more info about EK, but not much after that.

Would the $200 package include the items listed in the $80 package, or would those items have to be add-ons?

I'm now more intrigued by this being able to switch bodies(races and classes).  Can this switch happen during a campaign?  Will there be consequences for doing so and what would they be?  I understand classes determine combat skills, but crafting skills as well?  That feels a bit restrictive as if there is too much of one crafter and not enough of another it can cause problems.

1 minute ago, AatxeGorri said:

Would the $200 package include the items listed in the $80 package, or would those items have to be add-ons?

I really can't say, it doesn't look like it. But at the end of the day, everything there is purely cosmetic for your EK. 

2 minutes ago, AatxeGorri said:

Can this switch happen during a campaign?  Will there be consequences for doing so and what would they be?  I understand classes determine combat skills, but crafting skills as well?

Yes. No, except for the fact that you have to walk to a crypt to switch bodies, which could obviously be an interesting gankspot. In a way, yes, some classes and races get boni to certain crafting and harvesting skills. But the crafting profession your account has is only determined by the passive account training, which is consistent over all classes and races. 

50 minutes ago, AatxeGorri said:

Do the higher packages include what comes in the lower-tiered packages or are they all completely different types at different prices? 

The packs include the items listed for them; they do not include the items in the other packs. 

The access levels are for the invite-only TEST server. TEST server runs new builds with lots of bugs for limited time windows. The invites go out in waves depending on how stable the build is and what is being tested. For example, when 5.5 starts testing it might first be a snap test with invites to Pre-Alpha 1-2. Then bug fixes, then another snap test with invites Pre-Alpha 1-2 + Alpha 1 (and so on). These are "tiered invite groups" for people interested in testing the very latest stuff - the higher the tier, the sooner you would be invited to the TEST server. When stable enough, 5.5 would move to the 24/7 LIVE server for everyone to access.

Any of the "early access" starter packs always have access to the 24/7 LIVE server environment.

Here was the recent news article about the upcoming Crypt system for vessel switching:

https://crowfall.com/en/news/articles/exploring-the-crypt/

tiPrpwh.png