Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PvE Wishes  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want PvE?

• Minimal. I only want to use npcs to farm gold and materials.
    • Non-Instanced. I want all PvE to be out in the world. Only one group takes down a boss in the whole server.
    • Instanced. I want PvE with interesting and complex mechanics in dungeons and raids.
    • Both. I want world bosses that have awesome rewards that would be fought over, and instanced dungeons to take down with a group.

Levels and End-Game are about winning. A skill based game with land  grabs being what it's all about sounds a lot more like an endless game. The hints given say it's not for everyone and I agree, no end-game would not make a lot of people happy. It would be new and scary to most. It would allow for the diplomacy and political games they call for. Mobs, meh. Go ahread and make them drop natural things like a goblin with a stick or rock. Take those to the crafters with a few hides from that deer and let them turn it into a basic club. Forget everyone hoarding gold, let the resources be the currency. Let the players run the economy. Sure, banks could hold a few things for you. Other than that, it should be up to YOU to find a safe location to hide that shiny dagger you just traded some ore to get.

No end game, no levels. Skills and players.

Let's face it, if it's the same old 1, 5,10,20,40 man instanced dungeons for static assigned loot tables, then the "we are going to change MMOs" will have failed. 

I want something I don't even know I wanted.  

You sir made my day.

5roh8Km.png

instances killed the pvp. Solid open world PvE would be great. I don't want quest hub farming. I always liked the bounty board on vanguard if anyone has ever played that and the hunters log on FF14 ARR the less back tracking i have to do the better. if i had to choose between quest grinding and shadowbane leveling i'd pick shadowbane mindless grinding mobs and watching for pvp

PvP everywhere!  Maybe except a noob island to get at least a few levels and get going in the right direction for your class, race, and discipline, otherwise PLAY TO CRUSH.

Formerly known as - AmazingTacoBurito

I like PvE if it is interesting.  I hate it if it isn't.  Doing a hard, instanced raid with a small-mid sized group is fun.  Grinding the same mob 80 times to get some trinket isn't.  Keep the group size reasonable though.  Getting 4 to 7 people to work together isn't bad.  10+ person raids are hard to pull off and a pain to schedule.

There should be some kind of questing, PvE, or some alternate activities that can be done solo for times we want to play but friends aren't around.  If everything requires a huge guild we aren't going to be playing much.

Personally, I've always been a fan of Open-world PvE bosses. Especially if I'm fighting off other players at the same time. 

But I'm a masochist, one day I'll seek help. 

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Personally, I've always been a fan of Open-world PvE bosses. Especially if I'm fighting off other players at the same time. 

well..you appear to be Worthy....and never fear yer Doctor is here for that "help"

first...kill the folks in your own Party and take their stuff just for the giggles...you'll feel better

that being said...NO to instances, keep it open field

allow meh to add....the best gear should come from Players....NOT drops

a real Economy driven by the Players makes it...all else is pure drivel, imo

not to mention that open field PvE encourages the PvP....SB and EVE vets know this in their bones, carebears and theme park goers will just have to learn

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

I say that we should have a nice fresh balance of both honestly.

"Watch what you say before what you say watches you."

-flash33.

If you make a gear sustained pve end game system all that's gona happen is the SB Herd will flock back to the poorly made emulators. If we wanted end game PVE we would all be playing WoW.

This^

I hope you don't get help for it if it means we get Open-world PvE Bosses.

Although, the loot from them shouldn't be spectactular while the land they guard might be... Who knows, maybe the next one could actually be walking along and finds a nice spot to make it's own instead of respawns. It wouldn't care if it's in the middle of a player made village.

I hope you don't get help for it if it means we get Open-world PvE Bosses.

Although, the loot from them shouldn't be spectactular while the land they guard might be... Who knows, maybe the next one could actually be walking along and finds a nice spot to make it's own instead of respawns. It wouldn't care if it's in the middle of a player made village.

Ooooh this could be exciting actually. If world bosses (and all npcs preferably) didn't just stay in one spot but had intelligence and roamed. Some world boss roamed into a player village and started destroyed houses. Those players trying to kill the world boss while their enemies trying to disrupt them so they can take the land.

Unlike my other posts containing detail, I'm just going to say, Sword Art Online and Log Horizon

~Please message me if you have questions or want me to explain this XD

Let the doctor fix things up

I agree a 90% with this post. The one part I don't agree with is 40 mans for raids. Wildstar tried and it failed. The majority of the MMO community does not want it anymore. We should stick to 25 and under and call it a day. You need a bench of atleast 80 people for a 40 man raid. The logistics r a pain in the ass. Especially if the game does not have the population for it.

Unlike my other posts containing detail, I'm just going to say, Sword Art Online and Log Horizon

~Please message me if you have questions or want me to explain this XD

oh i would kill for a real SAO, the combat system in that would be pretty awesome too now that i think about it. no idea how they could do it though.

I want PvE and I want PvE you can solo.  Yes, I'm hoping against hope that there's a place for the solo player on this game.  And don't even start with it's an MMO what do you expect arguments?  Find someone else to play with.  McDonald's a public restaurant but it doesn't mean I have to sit with strangers at the table while I enjoy my burger.  I can sit and read my book.  Even MMO's should be soloable and they've so much more and better content than console games.

Not quite carebear, but sort of cousin to,

meh, grumpy old lady...

Never underestimate grumpy old ladies.

I may not have missed the camping, but I am a huge fan of contestable content, such as overland boss mobs and the like. I also happen to like open dungeons as well, but I'd be willing to conceed instanced dungeons.

i have years to see open world dungeons ... the few i saw in some GuildWars2 events were interesting and loved how they united the community.

5a1b3fea-fc4c-485e-87da-0147a0f11ae3.png