Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best collecting race / class ?

I am thinking about the start when we go live, we will be starting with nothing and I expect most people will begin by harvesting in their own EK's.

It will take longer to harvest when we have like almost no skill points.  Hamster duelist it is then, to start off getting wood.

The Half-Giant Champion for ore and stone.

3 hours ago, Devonic said:

So, I was given this sheet and was wondering what to start with (class/Race),  if my starter was just collecting logs, stone and ore?

That's three things.  

Harvesting is going to be more specialized than that for quite some time, simply because of the time it will take to train out one of those to maximum efficiency. We are at 10X training speed now. 1 day = 10,  18 days (time to fill a basic race tree), will be 180 days.  

I would pick one, and worry about that first.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

I know, but at the time I am thinking about whats it will be like at launch.

Good to know about the time for the basic tree.   VIP result in a bunch of time wasted if they don't make the skill tombs

2 minutes ago, Devonic said:

Good to know about the time for the basic tree.   VIP result in a bunch of time wasted if they don't make the skill tombs

All numbers are approximate and subject to change. 

FYI, I got that from 22 days of banked time. Filled the tree, had 4 days left over.  I did not do the actual math.

Not sure how you see VIP resulting in a bunch of wasted time.  Just make sure you start your last node when your either active in game, or will be logging in regularly enough not to miss the final tick.

VIP  I believe will let you train two skills each  from the three tiers, but you will not be able to train two skills in the same race/class.  As we start in the basic tree, we will be able to train one skill in basic race and basic class.  But the we cannot train the second race or class skill, as we have not progressed through the basic tree.

1 hour ago, Devonic said:

At launch, all you will need is the Exploration Basics tree. That will help you with getting food, dust, knotwood, slag and cobblestone.

Get what you need out of that, then move on to a specific harvesting tree. I would suggest selecting your race/class based on the tree you plan to specialize in, not based on the basic resources.

When collecting at first, it will be in my EK and the race/class I want to specialize in will be long off.  If game play is the same as it is now, you will be able to change race/class easily, so why not base the class you play at launch, on the activity you will be doing

2 hours ago, Devonic said:

VIP  I believe will let you train two skills each  from the three tiers, but you will not be able to train two skills in the same race/class.  As we start in the basic tree, we will be able to train one skill in basic race and basic class.  But the we cannot train the second race or class skill, as we have not progressed through the basic tree.

3 hours ago, Devonic said:

When collecting at first, it will be in my EK and the race/class I want to specialize in will be long off.  If game play is the same as it is now, you will be able to change race/class easily, so why not base the class you play at launch, on the activity you will be doing

Well, I'm not sure you'll spend all that much time in the EK to start. You can farm all of same stuff in a campaign, plus much more.

You are going to need premium resources to craft anything better than basic gear, and you can only get those in a campaign.

If you want to spend more time in the EK, you can certainly do that, but I don't think you'll find any significant difference in harvesting basic resources, regardless of what race/class you play

15 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

So, if all VIP's train skill tombs while they are in the class and race  basic trees.  Can we use them for our selves or a friends, increasing the speed it takes to get through  the basic trees.  

it will take 30 to 40 of wood, stone and ore, just to make the basic gear.  So I figured this would be done in EK's and you would transfer equipped  vassels.  Otherwise it will be lots of people running around trying to grab basic resources, just to start.   Gear that takes better resources will come later, once basic equipment is on.

3 minutes ago, Devonic said:

So, if all VIP's train skill tombs while they are in the class and race  basic trees.  Can we use them for our selves or a friends, increasing the speed it takes to get through  the basic trees.  

Yes but.....

Tomes will not be available at soft launch.  They are planned for, but not in the pre,early launch schedule. They are considered a "catch up" mechanic for the most part, and catching up is not going to be a priority item for a while. 

2 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Yes but.....

Tomes will not be available at soft launch.  They are planned for, but not in the pre,early launch schedule. They are considered a "catch up" mechanic for the most part, and catching up is not going to be a priority item for a while. 

I am guessing that the months of VIP status, will not start till the official launch, and not during soft launch.

Edited by Devonic

6 minutes ago, Devonic said:

it will take 30 to 40 of wood, stone and ore, just to make the basic gear.  So I figured this would be done in EK's and you would transfer equipped  vassels.  Otherwise it will be lots of people running around trying to grab basic resources, just to start.   Gear that takes better resources will come later, once basic equipment is on.

Depends largely on the import/export rules.  You may want to sacrifice your early campaign game efficiency so you can pull in better gear from the EK later.

Also consider, that the cycle is not going to be so compartmentalized.   I would suspect that part of the early game training will be how to move between players EK's before ever stepping foot in a campaign world. I am sure there will be plenty of opportunities to grab real gear from someone else's EK store before heading out to a campaign world.

EK's are supposed to be a very active part of the whole ecology and economy, not just a safe crafting home that each individual uses as a solo base.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

2 minutes ago, Devonic said:

I am guessing that the months of VIP status, will not start till the official launch, and not during soft launch.

I'll bet you 5 bucks your wrong.