Sign in to follow this  
Malavus

Client download speeds atrocious

Hello All,

I just started my first ever Crowfall download and I'm excited to join the community - but the client download is super, SUPER slow.  As in, it took me almost an hour to download just the launcher update (~75MB).  Meanwhile, a 1.6GB League of Legends download started and finished in like 5 minutes on the same machine....so it's not my internet connection.  Does anyone have any guidance here?

Posted (edited)

Well, your internet connection can fluctuate. The internet isnt made up of "your machine" it consists of a whole lot of machines and connections between those machines. There are so many variables I couldnt possibly say what the issue is and other than running a traceroute from your system to the download destinatation, without that, Im not sure anyone else could either.

Edited by Toadwart

I guess the dl servers are busy or just not as powerful as others of its kind.

On 3/7/2018 at 7:32 PM, Malavus said:

Hello All,

I just started my first ever Crowfall download and I'm excited to join the community - but the client download is super, SUPER slow.  As in, it took me almost an hour to download just the launcher update (~75MB).  Meanwhile, a 1.6GB League of Legends download started and finished in like 5 minutes on the same machine....so it's not my internet connection.  Does anyone have any guidance here?

While playing Overwatch and watching a HD twitch stream, took me ~20 min for full download (5GB). I average 325 mbps or so, seems fine for me.

Beyond something funky on your end or ACE's when you were downloading, not sure what it could be. If you continue to have issues, maybe try contacting ACE to see if they have any suggestions.

do an packet loose test maybe you have an connection problem  if call yore isp

I live in Africa and I also get my full download speed 10Mbps(100 line) to the client. May I suggest a DNS flush your routing may be at fault.