Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

An Introduction to Vendors - Official Discussion Thread

Looks good. Just a  few questions:

- Are those themed vendors purely cosmetic, or can my armor vendor only sell armor items? 

- Will we get slots for the vendors on the campaign worlds?

- Can we buy partial stacks, say only 1 of those nice blue ores in that articles picture?

Is "Mario" going to be a static NPC or can we customize him with the Thrall system?  I would love to be able to change the race and/or appearance of the vendors in my EK!

Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

Will there be vendors that have the option to purchase from players?  So I am a crafter and I want to set up a vendor to purchase ore from players.  I could set the amount I am willing to pay and players can sell their goods to my vendor.

So, where does "gold" come from? I thought we weren't going to have a real currency.

Also, I hope this upkeep fee is low or it's going to lead to people less willing to use vendors and looking for alternate ways to sell instead (shouting, trade forums, etc).

Guild Leader of Seeds of War

Just now, Svenn said:

So, where does "gold" come from? I thought we weren't going to have a real currency.

NPC's drop gold.  Boars, Cats, Risen, etc.

Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

My biggest question is: It only mentions EKs, and personally I don't really see any reason why you would play in EKs (It's very much possible I have misunderstood all this time, and honestly, I hope I have...) because as I understand, there are only non-premium variants of materials in there, so the only way to get the premium variants are by importing it from the Campaign which is extremely limited? (And generally only at the end of the campaign). I that is true, why would you have a trader in EK? Additional question: Are these available in Campaign worlds?

No need. I've seen plenty of games work fine with currency. No need to reinvent the wheel. Got a lot of more important things to worry about.

You could always bitcoin...

n0MnLtK.png?2

1 minute ago, Ginko said:

No need. I've seen plenty of games work fine with currency. No need to reinvent the wheel. Got a lot of more important things to worry about.

You could always bitcoin...

Name me a single one that didn't have serious inflation issues.

Guild Leader of Seeds of War

8 minutes ago, Svenn said:

Name me a single one that didn't have serious inflation issues.

No matter what we use to trade, if there is an excess of it, then there will be inflation. It doesn't matter if it is currency, raw materials, or end products.

IhhQKY6.gif