Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

An Introduction to Vendors - Official Discussion Thread

Why would anyone use Vendors as personal storage?  You are charged for every single item you put in there, unless your talking about crafting thralls then I am not sure about that.  but shop vendors?  No way I would use it for that!

So vendors/stalls have to be attached to a house itself (cottage, villa, manor) and not just inside of a fort, keep or castle?  There goes my idea for a flea market...

5930347.jpg?48

outside of EK level controls - will there be any vendor specific 'lists' or 'commands'

e.g. setting "opening hours"

e.g. 'banning' specific players from using the vendor

e.g. only specific allowed players who can use the vendor

etc

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

29 minutes ago, Mezcon said:

Why would anyone use Vendors as personal storage?  You are charged for every single item you put in there, unless your talking about crafting thralls then I am not sure about that.  but shop vendors?  No way I would use it for that!

This may not end up being the case for CF but in UO and SWG there was a storage limit in your homes. Bigger homes had bigger limits. Vendors and the items they carried didn't count against this limit.

25 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

outside of EK level controls - will there be any vendor specific 'lists' or 'commands'

e.g. setting "opening hours"

e.g. 'banning' specific players from using the vendor

e.g. only specific allowed players who can use the vendor

etc

I did not know how complicated it would be but to really take vendors to the next level a variable price option would be great.

Normal Price.

Faction Price.

Guild Price.

Wholesale Price.

I think these would be interesting features to have and play right into the politics of CF.

So.....how are people supposed to find eachother to trade?  Is this meant to be an intra-guild thing only?  I sure as hell don't want to hop from EK to EK looking for items or to compare prices and there is no centralized location to speak of.

5 minutes ago, kajidourden said:

So.....how are people supposed to find eachother to trade?  Is this meant to be an intra-guild thing only?  I sure as hell don't want to hop from EK to EK looking for items or to compare prices and there is no centralized location to speak of.

Hope we get now the first Trading Eks. Thats a Player thing to centralize the locattions. 10 Vendors in 10 Eks are counterproduktive for all of them, exept  the sale the same Stuff. 15 Vendors in one Ek are the better option in my Eyes. We will see

Edited by Tommey

Banner-250x50.png

Hi all!

I'm here to (hopefully) answer a few of the questions raised in this thread about vendors! Please keep in mind this is only phase one of a few planned iterations on the vendor system, which means more features will come online in the future. 

First, the stalls are purely cosmetic and do not affect the inventory of your vendor sales list. We wanted to give some kind of visual indicator to visitors and patrons what kind of wares you'd be selling per stall. The current vendor NPC is only the first initial vendor we plan on using; eventually we'd like to expand to using different races and themed vendors for more customization and visuals. Stay tuned, hopefully we'll roll out even more items soon. 

I also noticed a question from a crafter who wondered if it was possible to buy the actual vendor thrall from another vendor; yes, this is absolutely possible! We understand that not all crafters are created equal - some people prefer focusing on mat gathering while others prefer experimenting and focusing on more advanced recipes. We had this in the forefront of our thought processes when initially tossing around the idea of a vendor! We want to give you all the tools to drive the game economy and we're hoping this first step will help get things moving. 

Let's see, what are some other key points I should mention... Oh, one of the biggest hurdles we're probably going to see immediately is communicating which EKs have vendors available. This is currently being investigated and we're hoping to come up with something soon. Please also remember that when a first phase of a new feature comes online the intention is to see how the players acclimate, stress, and utilize these systems and that usually helps us expand on the feature in the future. It's a double-edged sword we often find in MMO development and there are always growing pains, but we can always expand or tweak things if necessary. 

Anyway, hope this helps a bit with some of the confusion!

32 minutes ago, kajidourden said:

Honestly, that's exactly what they are hoping you'll do. Even if you can filter it down to just EK's with active vendors, they don't ever plan on centralizing it to the point where you can rapidly find the cheapest price. That's not what they are going for.

Anyone expecting a central marketplace is at best going to find a popular market hub and work from there. Many will vie for this location, few will succeed.

5 minutes ago, Scree said:

Honestly, that's exactly what they are hoping you'll do. Even if you can filter it down to just EK's with active vendors, they don't ever plan on centralizing it to the point where you can rapidly find the cheapest price. That's not what they are going for.

Anyone expecting a central marketplace is at best going to find a popular market hub and work from there. Many will vie for this location, few will succeed.

That would be a poorly made socks-show.  Nobody is going to go from EK to EK to find one specific item.  There needs to be a way to not only see who has a vendor but to see if that vendor has what you're looking for.

Spending 30 minutes just trying to buy an item is idiotic.

Even ESO didn't go full retard with their system.

Edited by kajidourden

will we be restoring tooltips on items that show who crafted them?

[and any chance of someone elses suggestion for "custom flavour text" as well as custom item names too?]

Edited by Tinnis

1 minute ago, Tinnis said:

will we be restoring tooltips on items that show who crafted them?

[and any chance of someone elses suggestion for "custom flavour text" as well as custom item names too?]

I do believe this is still in the works. It may not happen in 5.5 but it's something we're wanting to have available soon.

4 minutes ago, vkromas said:

I do believe this is still in the works. It may not happen in 5.5 but it's something we're wanting to have available soon.

if you are still lurking:

are vendors and stalls gated behind skill training advanced crafting [e.g. runemaking and stonemasonry] or open to all?

can they be set up *without* a building [or a special parcel e.g. can you have say one on a temple parcel etc] and how difficult/expensive will their material requirements be

Edited by Tinnis

7 minutes ago, kajidourden said:

That would be a poorly made socks-show.  Nobody is going to go from EK to EK to find one specific item.  There needs to be a way to not only see who has a vendor but to see if that vendor has what you're looking for.

No centralized marketplace allows for players to create one of their own. This occurs naturally to avoid your attitudes when shopping. They don't need to specify or set one up.

You won't be spending your time in the EK's shopping anyways; the game is in the campaigns. You can't just go back and forth between the two to pick up new gear when your old set dies. You'll need to do that mostly in the campaigns anyways.

2 minutes ago, Scree said:

No centralized marketplace allows for players to create one of their own. This occurs naturally to avoid your attitudes when shopping. They don't need to specify or set one up.

You won't be spending your time in the EK's shopping anyways; the game is in the campaigns. You can't just go back and forth between the two to pick up new gear when your old set dies. You'll need to do that mostly in the campaigns anyways.

raising the questions: will vendors ever come to CW worlds?

Edited by Tinnis

@vkromas The upkeep we saw in the preview article seemed to be tuned to 30 minute intervals. Can you illuminate if this upkeep period can be adjusted to longer terms, or will vendors need to keep sufficient gold to pay this upkeep at all times.

In that same vein, if your vendor is in an EK that goes offline, does he still require upkeep for that offline time?

Right now, we can't keep EK's "open" and "online" unless we plant ourselves inside it and stay logged in. I'd assume this is not the long-term plan, but offline "upkeep" would be annoying while we wait.

Will it be possible to set other things as Gold ?
Rather a Trade as a sale for Gold.
As Example 50 Copper Ore vs 50 Silver Ore ?

Or Gear vs Materials

Edited by Tommey

Banner-250x50.png

also someone else's suggestion of a "request vendor" was cool too

e.g. "want to buy ore at X price per unit" someone can come along, dump their ore and paid get gold from coffer etc

Edited by Tinnis

8 minutes ago, kajidourden said:

It worked in SWG.