Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vkromas

5.5 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for March 9, 2018

• Myrmidon net pull feels a LOT smoother and more reliable. The net charge is also working for the most part. The teleport works but when you land next to your target you kinda get stuck in place for a couple seconds. Still a huge improvement over where it was. 
  • When running along mountains or hills if the grade is going upwards on my right it feels like my character model is being suctioned towards the right. Almost like you tried to prevent the nuisance fall damage when running on steep slopes but it feels kinda strange.
  • The sounds are a lot better overall. 
  • Dust drop rate is atrocious even with plethora of dust potion. 
  • The adventure zones are pretty neat so far. Very well crafted. The scaffolds and narrow paths up the sides of hills/cliffs were especially good. I like how the nodes are intermingled with monsters. That will give combat players something to do while the harvesters work! 
  • Getting some strange parcel messages, keep/fort capture notifications, etc. Right under the faction score ticker. 

unknown.png

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

• Love you made the adventure zones out of modular pieces.  Really opens things up!  Was expecting pre-built parcels like the canyon! Jolly good show!
  • What ever you did to physics applied on players and NPC in terms of power usage really cleaning things up! Looks much smoother.  Needs some work on the speed things rise and fall i think.
  • Framerates felt alot smoother at slower frame rates than on 5.4  Not sure what changed, but it's feels a lot nicer.
Edited by Destrin

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

I dont know where else to leave this but I liked my girl char. She didnt run funny like LOTR and she wasnt boyish like WoW. Her crafted armor was way cool! Usually I have to wait forever to get armor I like. She was pretty and I liked her long hair.( Although I always want super long hair and for some reason that is impossible). I am only playing this game because I stopped playing the other games a long time ago but I had surgery and needed something. If you can keep the girl chars pretty and sexy without being slutty and made for boys to play, I would def come back and play! I was wishing for autoloot. It was lame that my tools kept breaking easy but then it reminded me of the old time rpg's where everything wasnt handed to you on a plate (prior to Wow!!) and you had to actually work for your loot and choose where to put your resources. I really didnt know WHAT to do not having utilized the videos beforehand so the hint to harvest trees was super helpful!! Slag was a mystery and I assumed it was in a mine somewhere. I have only played the game once and I know you are probably looking for better suggestions but there are some people like me who really dont care how to fight in the game but just want to make armor and harvest and talk to people, haha. 

The fire at the order beachhead (the one surrounded by the vendors) can be attacked. I didn't appear to do any damage to it, but there were hits, and I gained soul power from it. After a bit, I could no longer hit it and then it disappeared completely, so I guess I killed the fire. I don't think it's going to respawn.

Death/Corpses pretty buggy.

Upon release my crow is unable to move. Relogging fixes it. 

Then I run back to corpse and when I get to where my corpse should be there's no grave. Relogging to desktop fixed it.

Then I go to rez and get stuck in blue screen and have to relog. 

3 relogs due to death. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

Apparently decapitation requires an advanced rune tool which means we must wait until we have advanced rune crafting training. But you can rez from day 1. This is a bad idea I think. 

I also don't think a 25M ranged rez is a good idea. It should just be a F to interact melee range type thing and I think everyone should get it, not just clerics/druids/templars, otherwise it kinda favors stacking those classes as well as killing them first in fights. And what happens if you're the only healer and you die even though your team wins the fight? Everyone still has to wait on you to run back. 

Both rez and decap should be single target, melee range, out of combat only, at least 5 second channel, subject to dizzy down, interrupted with hard CC, and available to everyone.

Edited by blazzen

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

1 hour ago, blazzen said:

Spirit bank was instant in and out. I moved stuff in and out of spirit bank by accident due to this. Is it supposed to be instant? 

They talked about this change a few weeks ago. I believe it is intended.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Druid Skills: Gaea's Wail and Faerie Flame interaction

• The dot dmg from Wail appears to be overwriting the corruption dot from Faerie Flame
  • Independently you can see the dot dmg from each skill tick
  • When executed together only the dot dmg from Wail is indicated. Also the dmg is not additive
  • The armor debuff from Faerie Flame is indicated on target
  • Dots from Plague Lord discipline stack as expected with both Wail and Flame

Druid Skill: Gaea's Wail chain spark

• The chain spark effect does not proc with 3 targets clearly hit by the white dmg from Wail

Druid Skill: Gaea's Wail targeting

• Wail will frequently miss at relatively close range (<15m)
  • Target dummy could only reliably be hit at apx 45 degree angle
  • 10m head on shots missed most of the time

The above was tested on Chaos target dummy

Interacted with a vendor in a fort and got desynced from server. On my client my model was off on some edge of the map, to my buddy I was still in the fort banging in to stuff.

Got killed by a spider, released, and was unable to move as a crow, had to relog

Flew back to my body, f to resurrect, saw my body return in t pose briefly, crash to desktop, relog

Dust seems ludicrously rare compared to its new requirements. Sure you guys didn't move a decimal place in the wrong direction? Even with the potion going 1 dust in the space of 15 minutes seems off.

I really hate the sound that plays when opening and closting the inventory. I wish that was silent.

New harvesting strike sounds lack impact and feel muddy. I preferred the sharper and more distinct harvesting sounds. Other sound changes are great!

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Only encountered 1 bug: I jumped on the edge of a slope in the Beachhead (over near the stone arc) and insta-died.

The adventure parcels, Oh my god, the adventure parcels! @jonnycab did goo! Give that man a raise. Chancing upon a canyon that slopes down instead of up was ridiculously awesome. The Quarry too was nice, with so many passageways and overheads. But the risen mine takes the cake. Seriously creepy with the abandoned buildings. (Didn't get a chance to see the spider canyon). Seriously cool. Now next on the list: Day/Night Cycle please! :P

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.