Sign in to follow this  
ACE_Jackal

Pre-Alpha 5 Live! for March - Official Discussion Thread

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

Seeing enemy druid orbs a "bug" is IMO a mistake. This should be a feature, colored differently than friendly orbs. I can not use orbs as area denial if nobody can see them. All other friendly ground effects are visible. All other hostile ground effects are visible. Watching people cast things with no visual indication what they're casting is poor counterplay design and hurts rather than helps the overall feel of playing my druid by making bombs "cheap" rather than "strategic" Invisible traps seem off theme for druid, as they are the domain of the ranger. Area control seems on theme for druid.

*sigh* there are intentionally designed visual indications [obvious player animations, sounds and visible 'bloom fx' on orb creation location].

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

this is talking about enemy orbs displaying all the time, as if they were your own group orbs.

Edited by Tinnis

Posted (edited)

My point is that they don't remain visible to the enemy in the "intended" behavior. Putting a stack of them on a gate while I camp a wall doesn't discourage rushing the gate for fear of my bomb. Unless you're going to walk up to the fight and sit there and stare at me while I do it. What i'd like to see is my scout say "they're heading your way from the west" and I can start throwing orbs. Guys show up at fort, see orbs, and go 'well we better go around' or 'well we better blow all our tank cooldowns to tank this bomb and go in' etc. and I'm effectively employing area denial with a big obvious effect rather than 'I think that's a druid, there are probably orbs... somewhere...'

As it stands they're useful for denial. When they're invisible they're only useful offensively as a trap that takes way too long to set up and feels very unintuitive as the effect is high visible to the caster. This is unlike every other effect in the game. We don't show the cast radius of the templar's circle at cast and then make it vanish, not do we do it for ranger's stake. They're area denial abilities and they wouldn't function as such if we did. Orbs should be also as they're one of the best scary area denials in the game when the enemy can see the stack.

Edited by PopeUrban

52 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

Putting a stack of them on a gate while I camp a wall doesn't discourage rushing the gate for fear of my bomb.

If I see Tinnis or Anthrage standing literally anywhere I know there is a high chance of me being blown the custard up, especially if there's a wall they can use to their advantage. :lol:

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, moneda said:

If I see Tinnis or Anthrage standing literally anywhere I know there is a high chance of me being blown the custard up, especially if there's a wall they can use to their advantage. :lol:

i actually don't really do bombs myself - the most i ever do is active quick bursts of 3-6 orbs in combat. the "one shot stacking" gimmick is a waste of time and healing potential IMO.

Edited by Tinnis

5 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

i actually don't really do bombs myself - the most i ever do is active quick bursts of 3-6 orbs in combat. the "one shot stacking" gimmick is a waste of time and healing potential IMO.

I would still be hesitant... tricksy druids. :ph34r:

Any Idea when the Last Gasp campaign will end it stated 11 and it is now near 1pm cst. 

Posted (edited)

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the different testing groups. My backer rewards page says I am in Beta Group 3, beta-group-11, play-test-5, play-test-6, & play-test-7 (patron starter pack) when I launch the client today I see 5.4 patch notes. Should I expect to see 5.5 today? or am I in a delayed group?

Edited by rennat
adding info