Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vkromas

5.5 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for March 13, 2018

I had 3 vessels. Two were default vessels and one was a crafted vessel. One of the default vessels was an Elken Knight named Arkade2. When I instantiated the crafted vessel, it was also an Elken Knight, and I think I named it Arkade2 as well.

Everything was fine until I died. I appeared at the keep as a spirit crow, only I wasn't in the spirit world, I was in the regular world, and there was no tombstone on the compass or marker in the sky. I traveled to where I had died and got agroed and killed by Risen Grunts. At that point, I was a spirit crow again and back at the keep, but this time everything looked normal. However, the tombstone I was led to was where my prior spirit crow died. I went to the original tombstone, but couldn't interact with it.

I then logged off and back on. I was in the spirit world next to my original tombstone, but as an Elken rather than a crow. I couldn't move and I couldn't interact with the tombstone. I relogged again and this time, I was alive and was able to loot my tombstone. The problem now is that I am now on the default Elken Knight vessel. When I go to the crypt, the vessel I crafted is gone. 

So I'm guessing this all happened because I gave 2 different vessels the same name.

Crafted Vessel Leveling bug:
Flawed Assembly doesn't cause the leveling bug.

When you switch from a level 30 vessel to a crafted vessel for the first time you can't level it and it is always bugged that way.

BUT if you enter a newly crafted vessel from a level 1 vessel (By switching to a default level 1 vessel first) you can then level it,

Just did it with Soulein's vessel :P

I think this bug has to do with the fact that level 30 vessels can't gain xp anymore

Edited by Vicid

12Oe7ot.png

36 minutes ago, Vicid said:

When you switch from a level 30 vessel to a crafted vessel you can't level it

BUT if you create a new non crafted vessel then switch to your crafted vessel you can level it.

This does not work with previously consumed vessels... It also may have to do with the fact that i am playing with a vessel that was a flawed assembly... Waiting for a necro to make me a non-flawed vessel.... currently up to three flawed elken vessels.... lol.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Just now, Destrin said:

This does not work with previously consumed vessels... It also may have to do with the fact that i am playing with a vessel that was a flawed assembly... Waiting for a necro to make me a non-flawed vessel.... currently up to three flawed elken vessels.... lol.

I used a flawed assembly vessel.   Only factor that was different from the first vessel I used yesterday and today was that I switched to a default level 1 vessel before switching to the crafted one.

12Oe7ot.png

Just now, Vicid said:

I used a flawed assembly vessel.   Only factor that was different from the first vessel I used yesterday and today was that I switched to a default level 1 vessel before switching to the crafted one.

by switching to the crafted one, you mean equipping for the first time?

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Just now, Vicid said:

yes sorry about the confusion

Perfect! Yeah... i had that as a possible cause to the issue in my post :D

YouTube Channel

1 hour ago, Vicid said:

When you switch from a level 30 vessel to a crafted vessel for the first time you can't level it and it is always bugged that way.

BUT if you enter a newly crafted vessel from a level 1 vessel (By switching to a default level 1 vessel first) you can then level it,

I think this bug has to do with the fact that level 30 vessels can't gain xp anymore

try with a level 2 or higher  below 30 vessel and see

Edited by yianni

I transferred some items from the spirit bank to my inventory. Waited about 10 minutes but could not access these items. Could not move them. Could not move stuff onto them. Could not offer them up to the shrine at the beachhead.

Logging off and on did not fix the problem.

Dying twice did not fix the problem either.

This happened on March 13 at 6 pm.

I should mention that I was playing on the live server at the time.

Edited by Catawampus
Forgot quote

I've got 2 crafted vessels in my inventory, one is blue quality, the other is purple quality. When I got to select one of them in the crypt, I can't tell which is which in the interface.

Experiencing issue of server using wrong vessel.  Yesterday when server went down my vessel disapeared.  It was a Centaur cleric.  Upon the server coming up it was gone and I remade a human cleric.  I logged on today, and my human was gone so I logged into the centaur cleric and all items in inventory were missing from previous night.  I logged out due to audio echo/muffle issue and upon logging in, my human cleric was logged into and centaur cleric no longer existed again.  I played this for a few hours, and then I died.  Upon recalling body, I was resurrected as a centaur cleric and not a human that I was playing.  All items in my inventory are now gone...... sad face for dusts... 

14 minutes ago, Destrin said:

Dustfall:

• Have Ethereal Sight equipped, the buff is not showing up and i am not getting the benefits from the passive.

@Destrin Doesn't look like you have a tool in your hand. Activate a tool and the passive should turn on.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

@thomasblairHey there. We've been theorizing and doing some testing to try to help determine the cause of the MSG spikes - it seems to happen when at or near the eastern fort on the Wrath map in 5.5; and this Fort is very close to an Adventure parcel. We noticed that both the nearby mobs and Fort guards once aggro'd can sometimes continue to do various animations, and presumably processes behind the scenes, until they die. Perhaps this is impacting MSG? Here's an example:

There is a mob-related example but I don't have a video link yet. We've noticed in some adventure parcels, mobs get aggro'd and do a animations and keep doing them until they are killed, which for many of these mobs, happens rarely.

This is obviously not related to the Unity upgrade originating problem we've been seeing on 5.4 since that time, where population goes above 60 and then MSG spikes. I think the reason it's happening on 5.5 at lower population and fight participant numbers has to do with the issue shown in the video. I know MrMike found *A* cause of the MSG spikes during our daytime stress test the other day, but as we don't know the details, I can't say if this is related etc.

8 hours ago, moneda said:

I liked the Spider Queen fight! We got us a discipline rune! One thing though, the "cocoon" mechanic may be overtuned. I heard that one mechanic wiped the group before mine. With more tuning of the AI I think the fight can still be tough and not be so dependent on that one thing. Also, the trek through the gorge to get to her, filled with spiders, was an oddly satisfying PvE experience, which I did not expect in Crowfall.   I can't wait to see what that experience is like with other players trying to kill me. :lol:

@thomasblair 

I think being able to continuously CC a "boss" type NPC makes it a bit too rote. Wildstar, for all its faults, had a decent idea in their Interrupt Armor concept that I think it'd benefit this project to borrow from liberally; the basic idea being players would have to stagger multiple CC on a boss for it to be effective.

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

Arcane archer passive that adds trailblazer is taking a relog in order to activate even after putting it into the passive slot. Upon taking it off you retain the trailblazer buff until you logg off reguardless of what discs you have equipped. (half-giant myrmidon)