Sign in to follow this  
Tinnis

in 5.5 do shields now give mitigations? [like an chest armor piece does]

in 5.5 do shields now give mitigations? [like an chest armor piece does]

any examples?

small vs medium? common vs legendary etc

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

I haven't been able to make one yet, as it requires both leatherworking and woodworking, and I have neither trained.

However, I was able to make Metal Sections and Shield Coverings. They do give mitigation, depending on the ore combination. In 5.4, we could only get a single mitigation type. Now we can get a single mitigation group (Physical, Elemental or Organic). I tried all of the combinations (I think) and this is what I got:

Iron/Iron/Iron - Support Power and Max Stamina
Silver/Silver/Silver - Elemental Armor Bonus and Max Stamina
Copper/Copper/Copper - Attack Power and Max Stamina
Gold/Gold/Gold - Organic Armor Bonus and Max Stamina
Tin/Tin/Tin - Physical Armor Bonus and Max Stamina
Copper/Copper/Iron - Organic Armor Bonus and Attack Power
Gold/Gold/Iron - Physical Armor Bonus and Attack Power
Silver/Silver/Iron - Elemental Armor Bonus and Attack Power
Iron/Iron/Copper - Physical Armor Bonus and Support Power
Tin/Tin/Gold - Elemental Armor Bonus and Support Power
Silver/Silver/Tin - Organic Armor Bonus and Support Power

For any other combination, the crafting window just bugs out and nothing happens. 

Shield Coverings require 2 Metal Sections, so you can split the mitigation between 2 groups or load up on 1.

57 minutes ago, Arkade said:

I haven't been able to make one yet, as it requires both leatherworking and woodworking, and I have neither trained.

thanks [still curious about 'end result' values on either an average or good common or legendary max]

honestly i find it mystifying that they have not set up the crafting stations on only the test server to grant access to all recipes irespective of training - or alternatively - just bump up all test acccount training levels...

[even worse for lower access test client backers who can't even log in to start their training before their delayed access arrives either]

also WTB a crafted scimitar to see new model and FX effects...

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

On 3/15/2018 at 12:25 PM, Tinnis said:

thanks [still curious about 'end result' values on either an average or good common or legendary max]

honestly i find it mystifying that they have not set up the crafting stations on only the test server to grant access to all recipes irespective of training - or alternatively - just bump up all test acccount training levels...

[even worse for lower access test client backers who can't even log in to start their training before their delayed access arrives either]

Scimitar is horrible it looks like a harvesting sickle

2 hours ago, yianni said:

Scimitar is horrible it looks like a harvesting sickle

It's closer to a Fish Hook or a Chakram than it is a Sickle.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

The name "scimitar" seems wrong. There are some historical images of Druids carrying sickles for the ritual of gathering mistletoe:

once-a-year-druids-would-summon-wanderin

Confessors don't actually hit people with their books - it's a focus of power. That's what the sickle would represent for a druid:

tiPrpwh.png

So far the best physical mit on green shield has been just under 2%...   I could see purple with good rolls reaching almost 4%.

All weapons stats are nurfed by about half...   bars, stitched leather, planks that used to max at 14 now max at 7 SP/AP...   crit chance/crit damg stats remain the same.
AP/SP from crafted vessels will make up the difference though.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

On 3/15/2018 at 12:25 PM, Tinnis said:

One thing I noticed about Scimitar is that the scimitar-specific power is no longer insta-cast - it used to be possible to use the power and your target would instantly be stunned. Now there is a delay as it executes the associated animation first. Which blows. Or sucks. I am not sure yet. But one of those for sure.

Edited by Anthrage