• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
setis

Cheating

Judgement  

287 members have voted

1. 1. How should cheating / botting / hacking be dealt with

• Light response - ultimately they are a small portion of the community and it doesn't matter
    • Medium response - some automated software / checks done internally to find the most prolific cheaters
    • Heavy response - Break out the ban hammer; do research on IP / matching accounts and ban them too
    • Social response - Make a system within the game that lets us deal with cheaters

I would stop this kind of crazy talk around here...SB players can smell fresh fish in the water and its only a matter of time....

You speak with no argument and Im no SBplayer neither. dont quote me again.

A heavy reponse and social reponse but none of these systems are bullet proof.

You can easily ban an IP address and the accounts associated to it but people

can easily use VPN's to bypass that and a lot of damage could already be done.

The most important thing is to make sure hacking isn't possible, period.

Botting becoming prevalent in a game is a failure of game mechanics.  If botting is "profitable" in some way then people will do it and it will be very hard to detect/enforce.

Fix botting by fixing game mechanics that encourage it.

For all other exploiting/hacking/duping, ban people swiftly and without mercy.

Botting is fine.  As long as the game doesn't have safe areas to bot in, the game can self-police. If there is an area of the game that is 100% safe where botting can be used for gain, then that is a flaw in the game.

Duping items, hacking stats etc is something else entirely, and should be punished harshly.

If you are caught cheating, you should be IP banned.  Cheating is actively breaking the game, and no developer wants their game broken, nor does a majority of players think it's cool to play outside the intended scope of the gameplay.

Botting is not cheating, I wouldn't even call it an advanced technique.  I beleive it's a needed element if there is a buff system. 

HfLOYLH.png

Cheating, do away with them. Like bots, or teleporting, speed hacks.

Buying and selling gold from other players, who gives a hoot?

A lot of people who play these games are getting older and have a lot of poorly made socks to do outside of it. I personally can't spend as much time in a game as I used to. Legitimate players selling gold or items shouldn't be a bad thing.

No botting isn't fine... what kinda newb ideal is that...

Did you get beaten up by a bot when you were a kid?

Seriously, bots don't hurt anyone. If the game is so pathetically easy and unchallenging that a simple bot program is the best way to advance, the game is a failure anyway.

Did you get beaten up by a bot when you were a kid?

Seriously, bots don't hurt anyone. If the game is so pathetically easy and unchallenging that a simple bot program is the best way to advance, the game is a failure anyway.

Doesn't like the idea of having to actually aim or dodge something, but is okay with bots.

What a joke. Trash tier.

EOWWuhQ.png 

cheating botting etc just annoys me and demotivates me. i have to work my way up while they put zero effort in and get so much farther ahead of me. plus bots can break the economy of a lot of games so deal with cheater and bots asap.

~STAY MAD~

cheating botting etc just annoys me and demotivates me. i have to work my way up while they put zero effort in and get so much farther ahead of me. plus bots can break the economy of a lot of games so deal with cheater and bots asap.

Yes, they can definitely manipulate prices easily, if there are a lot of them. The economy is a vital part of any MMORPG, and I think bots would ruin it instantly.

All cheaters/botters should be dealt with no warning, and be perma banned. I have a feeling many would agree. No one likes cheaters.

EOWWuhQ.png 

You speak with no argument and Im no SBplayer neither. dont quote me again.

Oh i am just trying to be nice and give you a heads up that if you come at the SB pl with this kind of ... hmm ... carebear crap, then they are going to eat you like a little fishy. And now my friend, i am going to quote every post of yours i find.

"tell the world that it is the will of the gods that my Rome be head of all the world."

Oh i am just trying to be nice and give you a heads up that if you come at the SB pl with this kind of ... hmm ... carebear crap, then they are going to eat you like a little fishy. And now my friend, i am going to quote every post of yours i find.

oh weaps...i missed you....

did anyone see mah ronco pocket fisherman around?

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

This how we roll in SB.

Some of you Wiz 101 kids may not know what this is.

QnqCJ1c.jpg

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg