ACE_Jackal

Unconsciousness, Resurrection, & Beheading - Official Discussion Thread

That gif was the hold-up, wasn’t it? :P

Does any harvesting Axe work, including basic axes?

Edited by coolster50

In order to behead a bested foe, you'll need an axe – the same kind of axe used to chop down trees.

Is it just any plain old axe? Not sure I'm a fan of this. Think I'd just prefer if there was no requirement.

This act will also create a unique item, a skull appropriately labelled with the name of the fallen combatant.

In the future, you'll be able to mount them on spikes for display in your Eternal Kingdom so visitors can know of your (mis)deeds!

<3 <3 <3. Il love this. I really do. I just hope it will be easy to get one and that player won't release too fast so that we can do that a lot.

1 minute ago, Helix said:

Is it just any plain old axe? Not sure I'm a fan of this. Think I'd just prefer if there was no requirement.

Basic rune axe doesn't work, you need an advanced rune axe. Its not that hard to get your hands on a crappy advanced axe for head choppng.

New Death Mechanic is AWESOME! 

You may want to increase the time it takes to release so that people aren't able to quickly release to avoid getting beheaded. 

In this first iteration, these skulls are purely cosmetic, acting as fun trophies you can sacrifice to the gods or store in your inventory or bank.

I hope this isn't exploitable... Stand in/near a crypt, one person get naked, let yourself be killed repeatedly for skulls to sacrifice?

If an enemy and an ally are both dead in my resurrection area of effect, will I end up rezzing the foe as well as the friend?  Common sense says no, but common sense also said Crows can't cap forts.

Will cairns or unconscious bodies be movable (no deer left behind)?

Edited by Kraahk

I like the "Crow flies away" part of the beheading animation shown here. We don't have that on TEST yet.

I'm still on the fence about the towtrucking. Currently it is extremely unlikely that you're able to actually fly back to your body and survive once you get there in most objective encounters. This isn't as big of an issue in open world fighting, where you're generally killed, looted, and people move on, but if you die defending a fort, you're pretty much guaranteed to take a massive 350 durability hit. Considering most items have 1k-2k durability it feels so costly it may dissuade people from actually participating in objective based fighting, which is ostensibly the fighting you want players to be most interested in participating in.

The severity of this may be mitigated some once we have the option of factory crates of gear for replacements, or some sort of gear repair system that allows gear to decay a bit more slowly than currently, but right now we simply do not have the bank space to store several sets up backup gear, and losing a fight often also means losing the ability to craft replacement gear. The towtrucking fee simply seems too severe given that the primary drivers for PvP encourage staying around the mob camps, resource nodes, or other POIs where the fight took place afterward which makes corpse camping the default state of the game. Towtrucking seems designed as a heavy opportunity cost action, but the rest of the game's design eliminates the vast majority of situations in which a player could in any way avoid tow trucking, making the towtrucking durability damage cost the rule for most deaths rather than the exception.

I really think the self ressing while in crow could be used from 100 meters away. 

Still have the crow only able to see in the 10 meters though.

Then you could blind self rez behind a building or wall. For a bit of safety, but smart opponents will also maybe suss out where the likely places are to res. `

Love the crow fly/warping away in the ace one. That needs to be slowed down and enhanced!

Wow, I've always privately thought to myself that if Crowfall implemented Darkfall style rez/gank, they would have to have the Crow fly out of the body when they get killed for the animation as it's just so perfect for this game. And there it is!

You can even loot downed players, which is low-key an amazing player retention tool. There are so many times in DF where, if I'd had the option, I would have downed someone, checked their inventory, looted a couple choice items and then rezzed them.

AND you've got the head collection. AND it's a doober.

Thanks for doing this literally the exact way I've hoped for. You guys rock. Most of the time. Still a bit salty about the state of aiming... This almost makes up for it.

11/10, all expectations exceeded, positive feedback given

So I'm a big fan of the executioning style you're going for. It'll make for some really cool battles. As it is though, I personally think it doesn't look satisfying enough. My favorite executioner ever is the RE5 Executioner. You can really feel the weight on his windup. Slow up, then fast down. I can't say the same for the Crowfall execution. I've never posted on the forums here so I'm sorry if I missed something lol. Just wanted to put in my two cents.

Wow that beheading was quite brutal. I admit i winced a little when the axe landed.

This will definitely be an issue(?) when rating the game though. I can't totally see this being an reason to tag the game +18 only. Not that rating ever stopped someone from playing games though.