Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dev Tracker cutting off posts very early

I'm not sure if the developer tracker was updated from displaying the full post at some point to conserve space or for some other reason, but it's currently not only not displaying enough to be of much help, but also leaving a lot of empty space.

wjql2qx.png

Any chance it could at least fill up the rest of the line?

Just to voice my opinion, I liked the old version much better, but surely there were reasons for switching.

3 minutes ago, Torn said:

Any chance it could at least fill up the rest of the line?

Just to voice my opinion, I liked the old version much better, but surely there were reasons for switching.

Whether it fills "the rest of the line" depends on the resolution of your browser window.

UMWQTHk.png

IhhQKY6.gif

Well, I'm assuming the design choice to limit the amount of characters is page layout-based, not bandwidth-based.
So if the goal was to limit the preview to a single line or two, that could still happen regardless of your browser resolution.

1 hour ago, Torn said:

Well, I'm assuming the design choice to limit the amount of characters is page layout-based, not bandwidth-based.
So if the goal was to limit the preview to a single line or two, that could still happen regardless of your browser resolution.

What he means is a small screen will be filled up while a large screen won’t even use one full line.  3 inch screen will have the same text size as a 30 inch screen.... fill up a line will be a difference of 25+ inches (the whole diagonal thing).  Even if you said.... XXX characters.... on a phone that could be a page and a half while on a desktop it’s half a line.

Edited by Xpade

It's not limited because of tech. No one's infrastructure is so bad they can't handle paragraphs worth of text. Clearly, its meant to tease you, just enough, so you'll click the link and go read about it yourself. Just as Pann said ;)

On a side note, I am still streaming this out via the @projectMalekai twitter account ;0

I'll mention it to Ed to see if it's possible to expand the Dev Tracker previews. Even if it is, it won't be a high priority. Ed wears a lot of hats around here, including programming work in the game itself, so we try our best to only pull him away from that if something is critical.