Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nakawe

Distance VS Damage?

Good idea. Can fix current balance issues if they wont introduce real aiming to the game.

Also I think range should be 30 base, 40-45 max based on current movement speed and skill system. All LMB attacks capped at 40-45 no matter if you get elken + skill tree + anything else.

BUT for skills it can be maxed at 50-60 depended on skill. I like to see some sniping skills ingame. And this is a problem number two - alot of skills close to useless and ppl prefers LMB instead of skill

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

16 minutes ago, makkon said:

Good idea. Can fix current balance issues if they wont introduce real aiming to the game.

Also I think range should be 30 base, 40-45 max based on current movement speed and skill system. All LMB attacks capped at 40-45 no matter if you get elken + skill tree + anything else.

BUT for skills it can be maxed at 50-60 depended on skill. I like to see some sniping skills ingame. And this is a problem number two - alot of skills close to useless and ppl prefers LMB instead of skill

I’d like to see LMB damage come down on some classes and ability damage go up. Right now it’s LMBfall.

I think making aiming more difficult solves the issue. Just please optimize this game and fix sensitivity before changing aiming. Currently, in game sensitivity slider is not precise enough(makes someone have to change their DPI) and the sensitivity varies based off FPS. So, in an EK I have to use about double the sensitivity I have to use in FPS poor areas in Tyranny. Also, RNG aiming sensitivities is not my favorite type of RNG...lol

On 18.3.2018 at 1:08 AM, APE said:

They are in crow form that can't figure out how to resurrect.

?what

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

On 3/17/2018 at 7:57 PM, Effeh said:

There's an elegant way to do this: making it harder to aim via projectiles. If you're really far away, it's going to be really hard to hit stuff, therefore you will do much less dps. If you're close, it's going to be much easier, so you do more effective dps. This is how the game worked until they decided to give up on anything but raycasts.

I think we're in a bit of a catch 22.

Crowfall used to have lots of projectiles but they felt horrible. Part of the problem was a very slow projectile speed. But if you try druid bear it still misses from close range. About the only thing that works as projectiles in Crowfall are the very slow moving abilities like Tornadoes and Ghost Army which are meant to be dodged by players. 

Because everything is server verified it seems that we can't have difficult aiming because it adds additional latency. 

Put more on the client and you can have tighter aiming but then people can hack.

It's almost as if we can't have our cake and eat it too. If aiming is made more difficult by trusting the client then people will hack. If we server verify everything then aiming has to be so forgiving (due to higher latency) that nobody would be bad enough to need to hack. 

This is my understanding anyways. 

I don't think ACE is going to start trusting the client anytime soon so our best hope is that through ongoing optimization they can tighten aiming a bit but it's never going to be FPS style like Darkfall, Battlefield or PUBG all of which have projectiles for arrows/bullets. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

A bunch of wonderful ideas and thoughts posted in this thread.  One thing for sure is most people agree something needs to be done differently.  

11 hours ago, Kreigon said:

?what

My poor attempt at being funny?

Voxels were a thing, now they appear to have crossed over into the dreaded "probably not, but maybe" side of development. Rather not have them if they only make sieges look a little prettier but end up taxing server/clients a lot in the process. Cool tech, but doesn't seem like they really work in a non-cube like game environment.

On 3/19/2018 at 7:52 PM, APE said:

My poor attempt at being funny?

Voxels were a thing, now they appear to have crossed over into the dreaded "probably not, but maybe" side of development. Rather not have them if they only make sieges look a little prettier but end up taxing server/clients a lot in the process. Cool tech, but doesn't seem like they really work in a non-cube like game environment.

You don't miss getting stuck in the broken wall chunks during sieges?  That was it's own Mini Boss!

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader