Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alice in wonderland

Anime and Manga Talk

It's a really good anime. From episode 26 onwards it starts skipping over some minor panels from the manga, though, which didn't affect much but lessened the epic feel of the first 25 episodes.

"Now what will come out of this? A new mask of power? Some tooth-claw creature? A Matoran marching band?" - Lewa, The Final Battle

"Nothing is more important than my egomania!" - Clara Oswald, Deep Breath

"I AM A FLAMING MOLTRES!" - James, The Fortune Hunters

I really liked SAO, but it seems like most people did. And Angel Beats, even though it was a flying ninja death kick to the feels. A friend of mine is trying to get me to watch Bleach, but starting at episode 1 with 400+ to go is kind of daunting.

SAO was good in the first season. Everything after was ridiculous.

I liked dead man wonderland until they deviated from the manga.

Honestly I loved bleach, couldn't get enough of it all the way until episode 63, then the "Bount" arch, which is all filler.  After that point it gets lame, with same poorly made socks different episode, but then again I guess people love shonens for a reason. 

"Camouflage is the color of fear..  I have no need to hide from my foes.. I have no fear of death.  My colors I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live, I am proud to die."

So you'd say Manga > Anime ?

Yeah for Death Note I'd say the manga is better than the anime. Doesn't mean the anime isn't worth watching, though, because the first 25 episodes I'd say are just as good as the manga.

"Now what will come out of this? A new mask of power? Some tooth-claw creature? A Matoran marching band?" - Lewa, The Final Battle

"Nothing is more important than my egomania!" - Clara Oswald, Deep Breath

"I AM A FLAMING MOLTRES!" - James, The Fortune Hunters

Hmm...as far as ones that are lesser known.

I really enjoyed Psyren for manga. Lots of action and fun characters.

Chrome Shelled Regions was cool for the MC.

I don't like anime. Dbz was as much as i could handle. Just drawn out fights with skinny people. Why does every cn lady have double d's in anime and a cups irl?

=====

Anime

=====

Cowboy Bebop is my favorite, hands down.  I didn't watch it forever because I thought it had a ridiculous name, but when I finally did, I fell in love with it.  I don't watch or try most Anime out there because it all seems highly repetitive with the same archetypal characters recycled over and over again.

Evangelion was my first, I both love and hate it.  Mostly hate.  14 year olds should not be drawn with bodies like that.  Blech.

I enjoyed Full Metal Alchemist and Seven Samurai (or is it Samurai 7? the one with the mechs), and Samurai Champloo.  Noir and Raxzephon were okay, but not interesting enough for me to finish them.  I didn't like Appleseed.  Ghost In the Shell movie was ok, but the TV show was boring and bland.  I enjoyed what I saw of Full Metal Panic.

I saw most of the first season of this really great slice of life anime about college students in an anime enthusiast club.  Great humor and characters.  Can't for the life of me remember what it's called.

Sword of the Stranger is a freaking gorgeous movie and my favorite OVA.

Pokemon and DBZ anything can gdiaf, lol.  Blech.

On my Netflix queue: Sword Art Online and Captain Harlock.  I'm also curious to try out the buzz of Attack on Titan.

Any and all supernatural anime is atrocious to me.  Not even Hellsing was that great.  I'm not terribly big on how anime does magic and creatures of the night and such.  And there seems to be a HUGE glut of that genre brought over here, for some reason.

========

M A N G A

========

I've read very little manga.  9 volumes of Death Note.  I enjoyed Maison Ikkoku.  It's done in the manga style but I wouldn't call it true manga, but I freaking loved Return to Labyrinth, a sequel to the Jim Henson movie.

Edited by seventhbeacon

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Death Note, Code Geass, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Ergo Proxy, Black Lagoon, Sword Art Online, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Elfen Leid, Claymore(anime & manga), Attack on Titan, Parasyte, Alnoah Zero, and Knights of Sidonia - would recommend any of those off the top of my head. 

I could go on and on - so many good shows to choose from. If I had to pick a favorite I would have to go with Ghost in the Shell or Black Lagoon, and for currently airing anime I would say Aldnoah Zero although Parasyte is very good as well. I don't read too many manga but I have recently cleared just about everything on Crunchyroll but couldn't pick a favorite. 

Edit: Seventhbacon literally reminded me of FMA, Sword of the Stranger, and Cowboy Bebop(how do you forget this?) all at once and I feel stupid. They are all great as well, though I prefer FMA: Brotherhood over the original anime adaptation. 

Edited by Bain

Winter is coming. 

Edit: Seventhbacon literally reminded me of FMA, Sword of the Stranger, and Cowboy Bebop(how do you forget this?) all at once and I feel stupid. They are all great as well, though I prefer FMA: Brotherhood over the original anime adaptation. 

Everyone says that about Brotherhood!  I really need to catch it.  I'm also told it's closer to the manga.  Another one that had a re-do was Hellsing so I might give that another try as well.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

The Hellsing redo was much much better.  The first series (like 6 OVAs) was more just like "let's vomit something up and call it Hellsing" instead of following the actual storyline.  And I liked Brotherhood much better than the first attempt where they just sort of wandered off halfway through the series.

Log Horizon is much better in my mind than SAO.  But I like how they were physically transported into the game world instead of just having their minds trapped.  There are more interesting mechanics that are being explored as well in LH.

No Game, No Life was fun though I doubt it will get a sequel.  I need to catch up on Parasyte and I'm waiting for the next season of Tokyo Ghoul, was terribly disappointed that it stopped right at the good stuff.

Attack on Titan was good for those of you on the fence.  Though the MC can get a bit annoying but I love Mikasa.  :D

For those that like slice of life and music (specifically jazz) Kids on the Slope was good.

Between dreams and reality.

Lantern Watch

In LH didn't they just respawn on death though? I liked SAO for the real consequence of it. I wish they had gone more in depth into the psychology of each character in the death game though.

In LH didn't they just respawn on death though? I liked SAO for the real consequence of it. I wish they had gone more in depth into the psychology of each character in the death game though.

LH = For actual MMO Politics/Game Mechanics

SAO= For MMO Action

They are both great in their own way.