Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
valor

Equality In Gaming - Gamergate

I think out volunteer military, modern equipment, and wonderful military spending will be enough.

To be honest I'd say the amount of guns owned in the US might be the biggest detriment, occupation would be utterly futile.

Member of The BlackHand Order

This thread is way off topic and outta control, requesting a lock.

Meh, it's in the Off Topic forum... i request we just change the title to "Whatever's on your mind"

Meh, it's in the Off Topic forum... i request we just change the title to "Whatever's on your mind"

LOL, I think it should be re-titled "This Got Weird, but in a Good Way, Sorta".

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

One of the problems is that the medium of the internet is not a good medium to discuss these issues because they are so deep and so complex that boiling them down into 140 chars or a FB status update or even a long forum post cannot do it justice.  Hundreds of volumes have been written on the subject of gender inequality (pay, abuse, etc) over the past several hundred years; why we think we can come up with a solid answer in a post that can be read in a couple minutes is beyond me.  

In my opinion, you need to really know and understand the following before you can even begin to understand the core nature of the problem (which I don't claim to know in any definable way):

• history of nomadic tribes through 5000 B.C.
  • history of the written language
  • history of religions before the main levantine traditions emerge
  • history of religions from the levantine traditions' emergence through the middle ages
  • history of religions from the middle ages through the 1800's
  • history of religions from the late 1800's through today
  • history of european societies from the middle ages through the 1700's
  • history of women's rights across europe from the 1700's through mid-1900's
  • history of women's rights and religion in the US from 1820's through 1990's
  • an understanding of evolution
  • an understanding of evolutionary changes in mammals over time
  • an understanding of the physiology of both genders
  • a psychological understanding of why people act in certain ways (still working on that PhD)
  • an understanding of linguistical syntax and purpose
  • an understanding of humor
  • an understanding of yourself to the point where you can honestly explain why you do anything you do
  • a mind open to changing opinion
  • an understanding of logic

Once we have that, then we can look at the issue of gender inequality from a fairly complete perspective, one worthy of the issue.  Otherwise we remain locked in the eternal back and forth of "some but not all" and if/how to fix that :(

lol one of the best posts in the thread, practically ignored.  Par for the course though, amirite?

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

Not sure why but I just read all of the posts in this thread.  Surprisingly enough only a few posts made me squint my eyes in confusion.  Also I would like a Corgi.  Because they are just so doofy looking.

Edited by talfryn

Between dreams and reality.

Lantern Watch

lol one of the best posts in the thread, practically ignored. Par for the course though, amirite?

Don't think anyone had an argument there... so we moved on. Lol.

This thread does not need locked. If you don't wanna read it or contribute to any of the 20 conversations....

that's okay, no one is forcing you to.

Edited by mal

Requesting a lock. I can't handle it. Feelings hurt.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

lol one of the best posts in the thread, practically ignored.  Par for the course though, amirite?

Look through his posting history, he has consistently provided keen insight only to have it ignored by the community because there's nothing to argue with.

Also Mal, I think they are just hating on us Austin folks.

Requesting a lock. I can't handle it. Feelings hurt.

Request CYT to be banned from all forums except the Suggestion Box.

Look through his posting history, he has consistently provided keen insight only to have it ignored by the community because there's nothing to argue with.Also Mal, I think they are just hating on us Austin folks.

Hard to know if that's more of a compliment towards him from the community, or not.

Request CYT to be banned from all forums except the Suggestion Box.

Is that how you talk to all your future moderators?

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Doesn't sound very "lady" like.

Where's my bro XcomVic to back me up on that one, right? Bro? You there? Oh....

Edited by checkyotrack

SWrkfdj.jpg

Well since this is just the throw stuff in the pot and see what happens thread.

Mal, burning question!  Do you have a stash of pictures of the same person that you use for you avatar?  Because I feel like every time I turn around you have a different pose/expression.

I mean I have a folder for red pandas so i'm not really one to talk.

Edited by talfryn

Between dreams and reality.

Lantern Watch

Also Mal, I think they are just hating on us Austin folks.

But it's just so easy to do.  =(

I think *the* best in fact.

I do chicken, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and water chestnuts with soy sauce and sriracha. Add the noodles at the last minute to keep them from getting too soft. Delicious.

Mmmm.  Much better than mine.  I do add veggies and use a little less water and less ramen seasoning crap because that stuff eats away at your insides.