Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
valor

Equality In Gaming - Gamergate

Just saw the Law and Order episode about gamer gate. SVU took that episode to the extreme. I mean IceT as a gamer? Nickel please.

Yo, you tellin' me this dude gets off on harassing girls on the internet?

Well since this is just the throw stuff in the pot and see what happens thread.

Mal, burning question! Do you have a stash of pictures of the same person that you use for you avatar? Because I feel like every time I turn around you have a different pose/expression.

I mean I have a folder for red pandas so i'm not really one to talk.

Yes! You know, girls these days take selfies like their life depends on it. So, it's easy to get a stash. You think I should swap it again? It's been awhile.... Edited by mal

XcomVic-another oppressed bro brought down by the feminist agenda.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Gamergate is one of those topics I've read about, maybe a dozen times or so, and could never figure out why one could give any number of trucks. Honestly, maybe it's just me. Anytime there's even the slightest scent of feminism in the air, I turn off my care. Regardless of religion, political stance, sexual preference, or why you think you're better than someone, solely because you think, that people think, that they're better than you. Please, tell me all the reasons why I'm a worthless uncaring sockhole because I tried to do something polite for you.

Karnos your kid is friggin' adorable.

Thanks.  He has pretty much killed my ability to game like I used to, but it's been worth it. I just love seeing him do something new for the first time.

Yo, you tellin' me this dude gets off on harassing girls on the internet?

The kids on the show were like insane. They disliked a female game dev so much they kidnapped her, gave her the struggle snuggle x 3, and had a shoot-out with the cops. Exaggerated it quite a bit.

I don't have any kids, cute or otherwise, so I guess I'll just share this:

1366421825641.gif

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Mine are old enough that they require permission to share their images. I asked if I could share here:

Teen: Hell no. 

Tween: If I can wear my Slenderman morph suit. 

Oh well. 

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

In my 15+ years of online gaming, I've never seen a female gamer truly harassed in a game. That doesn't mean there isn't, because obviously there are women being harassed online and offline, but some of this Gamegate and extreme feminist BS is just that, BS. And I say that primarily because I've seen the opposite happen more often than not. Most notably, in WoW.

I was an officer in a guild for 3 years, prior to me being there, women weren't allowed to join. The GM said it was because women suck at games, but later I found out it was because they cause mass hysteria in communities that can't keep their junk sealed up. Once I became an officer and did a majority of the recruitment, I started bringing women in for trials if they decided to apply. Probably 1 out of the 20(ish) women I recruited over those 3 years, was good at their class and didn't cause drama. The others were horrible at the game and had they been a guy, they would've been out of the guild in the first couple of nights. Two women that I know of sent nudes to the officers to favor in the loot council, 1 met up with a member and ended up being a catfish, others would spread rumors or cause other guildies to choose sides on their behalf, or if we had 2 or more girls in the guild at the same time, they'd constantly be arguing at one another. Honestly, my decision to open the floodgates was probably what ended the guild at the very end. And I'm not saying all women are like this, but the ones that I've come in contact with have always been waited on hand and foot and unless it's a large community with a fair mix of both sexes, they cause nothing but problems, treated fairly or not. And in the larger gaming communities I've been apart of, it's not even an issue, because it's handled with if on the very rare pccasion some guy comes in and start harassing a woman.

Anyway, after reading all 15 pages of garbage, outside of a handful of insightful posts, I had to say something. I think there are some real problem in the real world, but trying to spread this crap through games is asinine. If someone has a problem with all of this, it doesn't start in the gaming world nor will that be the first place with change.

Oh and Checkyotrack is a professional troll. Props to you good sir.