Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
valor

Equality In Gaming - Gamergate

The kids on the show were like insane. They disliked a female game dev so much they kidnapped her, gave her the struggle snuggle x 3, and had a shoot-out with the cops. Exaggerated it quite a bit.

I was making a reference to a bit by John Mulaney.

But yes, that episode sounds ridiculous. Law and Order is a dumb show that does dumb things a lot.

Experiment:

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

But that's WoW. I'd catfish a dude for gear there, too. That's how absurdly based on gear that game is.

Exceptions abound! If it wasn't for WoW, this thread wouldn't exist.

Experiment:

Not specific enough. If you sign up as a dude looking for dudes on a free dating site, you can probably count on a lot of hooligan and breast pics.

Not specific enough. If you sign up as a dude looking for dudes on a free dating site, you can probably count on a lot of hooligan and breast pics.

Well we can see where your mind is at.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

In my 15+ years of online gaming, I've never seen a female gamer truly harassed in a game. That doesn't mean there isn't, because obviously there are women being harassed online and offline, but some of this Gamegate and extreme feminist BS is just that, BS. And I say that primarily because I've seen the opposite happen more often than not. Most notably, in WoW.

I was an officer in a guild for 3 years, prior to me being there, women weren't allowed to join. The GM said it was because women suck at games, but later I found out it was because they cause mass hysteria in communities that can't keep their junk sealed up. Once I became an officer and did a majority of the recruitment, I started bringing women in for trials if they decided to apply. Probably 1 out of the 20(ish) women I recruited over those 3 years, was good at their class and didn't cause drama. The others were horrible at the game and had they been a guy, they would've been out of the guild in the first couple of nights. Two women that I know of sent nudes to the officers to favor in the loot council, 1 met up with a member and ended up being a catfish, others would spread rumors or cause other guildies to choose sides on their behalf, or if we had 2 or more girls in the guild at the same time, they'd constantly be arguing at one another. Honestly, my decision to open the floodgates was probably what ended the guild at the very end. And I'm not saying all women are like this, but the ones that I've come in contact with have always been waited on hand and foot and unless it's a large community with a fair mix of both sexes, they cause nothing but problems, treated fairly or not. And in the larger gaming communities I've been apart of, it's not even an issue, because it's handled with if on the very rare pccasion some guy comes in and start harassing a woman.

Anyway, after reading all 15 pages of garbage, outside of a handful of insightful posts, I had to say something. I think there are some real problem in the real world, but trying to spread this crap through games is asinine. If someone has a problem with all of this, it doesn't start in the gaming world nor will that be the first place with change.

Oh and Checkyotrack is a professional player. Props to you good sir.

People who don't have to deal with harassment directly just aren't aware how frequent it is.  That's the sad truth of it.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

People throw around the word Feminist like it is a bad word.  Which is sad.  Look it up sometime.  I will say that the more women you ask about this subject, the better a picture will be painted portraying how much unwanted attention is given to them and then how it is justified.

I am hopeful that people remain open minded that even though they don't see it, that harrassment does take place and is often not reported because either they are just used to it or feel pressured that they might get kicked out of the community for causing "mass hysteria" even though it was not them who was the original source.

Either way, I appreciate people maintaining a civil approach to the subject.

People throw around the word Feminist like it is a bad word.  Which is sad.  Look it up sometime.  I will say that the more women you ask about this subject, the better a picture will be painted portraying how much unwanted attention is given to them and then how it is justified.

I am hopeful that people remain open minded that even though they don't see it, that harrassment does take place and is often not reported because either they are just used to it or feel pressured that they might get kicked out of the community for causing "mass hysteria" even though it was not them who was the original source.

Either way, I appreciate people maintaining a civil approach to the subject.

The one great equality of the world is that every group has people who are just waiting to demonize other groups for the words or actions of a few.

I've moved towards egalitarianism because feminism has started to react to men's rights activists, which itself was a reaction to a perceived (perhaps justified?) lack of representation by feminists.

Men's Rights Activists are a joke. I mean the entire concept is wonderful. Men dominate every aspect of society. MRA are just the culmination of the white males fear of losing all the power.

SWrkfdj.jpg

What point? Uh oh are you being discriminated against? Poor man.

Feminism advocates for men's rights as well (feminism advocates for everyone's rights). Do you consider yourself anti-feminist? Edited by Maverick827

You're getting really good at this.

Years of practice to hone his skills. Then sites such as 4chan and reddit appear to cultivate the breed of "player" to a whole new level.

CHECKYOSELF B4 YOUWRECKYOSELF

#neverforget #womenarepeopletoo

Edit: I really hate that t-roll gets changed to player.

Edited by Dreeb

People who don't have to deal with harassment directly just aren't aware how frequent it is.  That's the sad truth of it.

Everyone deals with harassment directly. It just so happens there's more than just women getting harassed on a daily basis. That's the sad truth of it. Everyone goes through troublesome times. Some are worse than others at any given moment.

Years of practice to hone his skills. Then sites such as 4chan and reddit appear to cultivate the breed of "player" to a whole new level.

CHECKYOSELF B4 YOUWRECKYOSELF

#neverforget #womenarepeopletoo

Edit: I really hate that t-roll gets changed to player.

He's actually pretty below-average relative to other corners of the internet.  In a truly unmoderated environment people like him get eaten alive by the real trolls.

He's actually pretty below-average relative to other corners of the internet.  In a truly unmoderated environment people like him get eaten alive by the real trolls.

That or he has to pull back a few punches in this environment.