Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
valor

Equality In Gaming - Gamergate

That or he has to pull back a few punches in this environment.

Highly doubtful, it's more than likely that he chooses this environment because it is best suited for his level of proficiency.  A better troll would go to a place much more challenging and entertaining than this. 

Highly doubtful, it's more than likely that he chooses this environment because it is best suited for his level of proficiency.  A better player would go to a place much more challenging and entertaining than this. 

Very true. The title of Professional has been revoked.

Highly doubtful, it's more than likely that he chooses this environment because it is best suited for his level of proficiency.  A better player would go to a place much more challenging and entertaining than this. 

oh, i dunno...here is pretty Fun most times...

after all we get Riverdancers as well as Elks and Badgers...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

That is assuming I'm a t-roll and not just your run of the mill spewer of vitriol.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

oh, i dunno...here is pretty Fun most times...

after all we get Riverdancers as well as Elks and Badgers...

Yea we've all had a big laugh at how many people have been accused of being one of the trolls we sent over here to check things out.  Seems like he must have done his job well. 

Trolls are just people with legitimately controversial opinions and personalities who want to have an excuse to fall back on when people call them out. Very rarely does one truely write things they are completely opposed to just for the fun of it.

Yea we've all had a big laugh at how many people have been accused of being one of the trolls we sent over here to check things out.  Seems like he must have done his job well. 

depends on how you define "well"

funny for a Moment....but one Note does not a symphony make...

it's all part and parcel of the Spirit involved in the OP, imo.... that fine line between free and open discussion, and being abusive

could just be me

Edited by Doc Gonzo

FIQw0eP.png

depends on how you define "well"

funny for a Moment....but one Note does not a symphony make...

could just be me

Well people still whisper his name and accuse random people of being him so it seems like he did his job well.

Do you know what happened to xcomvic?  Did he step down as a moderator or did his incompetency in the position finally catch up to him?

Everyone deals with harassment directly. It just so happens there's more than just women getting harassed on a daily basis. That's the sad truth of it. Everyone goes through troublesome times. Some are worse than others at any given moment.

False equivalency.  Yeah lots of people get bothered, but women are harrassed in society on a far more frequent basis.  And you just don't realize it because 1) You're not a woman & 2) You haven't listened to their stories.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

False equivalency.  Yeah lots of people get bothered, but women are harrassed in society on a far more frequent basis.  And you just don't realize it because 1) You're not a woman & 2) You haven't listened to their stories.

This will basically continue to happen until societies views on women are changed from moment of birth and on.  As much as some women are harassed, others benefit a great deal from being a woman. 

Do you know what happened to xcomvic?  Did he step down as a moderator or did his incompetency in the position finally catch up to him?

you can direct such Questions to support@crowfall.com

FIQw0eP.png

This will basically continue to happen until societies views on women are changed from moment of birth and on.  As much as some women are harassed, others benefit a great deal from being a woman. 

Just not in terms of same access to well-paying jobs, freedom from random harassment, cultural expectations that contradict each other, and so on.  I'm sure house slaves had more advantages than field slaves, but they were still slaves.  It doesn't make the inequality right, as you seem to be excusing.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Just not in terms of same access to well-paying jobs, freedom from random harassment, cultural expectations that contradict each other, and so on.  I'm sure house slaves had more advantages than field slaves, but they were still slaves.  It doesn't make the inequality right, as you seem to be excusing.

What about the girls that can go on twitch.tv and show some cleavage and make a ton of money just for giggling while they half-assedly play a video game?

What about the girls that can go on twitch.tv and show some cleavage and make a ton of money just for giggling while they half-assedly play a video game?

Yeahhhhh..... because that's equality.  I think we're done here.

Yeahhhhh..... because that's equality.  I think we're done here.

I think you don't understand that as long as there are women out there who would like to enjoy the perks of sexism, there will be ones out there suffering from the other facets of sexism.

Someone posted statistics earlier disproving this. Do you have sources of your own or a refutation of his sources? If so, how could we go about reconciling such a discrepancy?

Here, everyone have a soothing cup of tea and a nice read

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Listen, Seven Bacons, I understand what you're trying to prove here, but it's not working. As Sheen has stated, as long as some women profit from sexism, there will never be this equality you speak of.

But like you Seventh Pig, I'm trying to make changes. For the past couple of months, I've stopped going down to Portland to visit their many strip clubs.