Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Hunger - So Many Questions! Wild Supposition/vague References Included (Free!)

oridi

So as I'm working on building my character's backstory (stop judging me- I've already established myself as squishycore so me being a RP'er shouldn't shock anyone) I'm running into this big wall called What I Know About the Hunger.

Here are my wonderings/ponderings.  Feel free to answer anything that you know for certain that I've missed as I've looked around the boards.

• Is the Hunger actually the swarm of zombies that we keep seeing?
  • If that's the case then is it them that infects the wildlife/land as well?

AND/OR

• Is the Hunger a sort of sickness that infects the land with one of the symptoms being the zombies that show up?
  • Are the zombies actually humanoids that have caught the Hunger?
  • The animals are clearly impacted by the Hunger - in this scenario do they spread it?

AND/OR

• Is the Hunger tied to Winter?  Does it show up in Fall and take over completely by Winter?
  • Is the Hunger made possible by Winter when the temps drop?  Is it a flourish in cold thing/die in heat thing?

AND/OR

• We have a hunger resist stat - is that a damage received type stat or a buff/debuff type stat?  Or do we get infected by the Hunger and that stat is how well we resist the infection?

Go forth and boldly wonder question puzzle ponder!   I'm stuck in a loop at this point.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

So as I'm working on building my character's backstory (stop judging me- I've already established myself as squishycore so me being a RP'er shouldn't shock anyone) I'm running into this big wall called What I Know About the Hunger.

Here are my wonderings/ponderings.  Feel free to answer anything that you know for certain that I've missed as I've looked around the boards.

• Is the Hunger actually the swarm of zombies that we keep seeing?
  • If that's the case then is it them that infects the wildlife/land as well?

AND/OR

• Is the Hunger a sort of sickness that infects the land with one of the symptoms being the zombies that show up?
  • Are the zombies actually humanoids that have caught the Hunger?
  • The animals are clearly impacted by the Hunger - in this scenario do they spread it?

AND/OR

• Is the Hunger tied to Winter?  Does it show up in Fall and take over completely by Winter?
  • Is the Hunger made possible by Winter when the temps drop?  Is it a flourish in cold thing/die in heat thing?

AND/OR

• We have a hunger resist stat - is that a damage received type stat or a buff/debuff type stat?  Or do we get infected by the Hunger and that stat is how well we resist the infection?

Go forth and boldly wonder question puzzle ponder!   I'm stuck in a loop at this point.

I would have thought the whole point of having ORDER, CHAOS and BALANCE would be this:

-Order build things in a heavenly way where there is a clear positive benefit to all things

-Chaos are the opposite

-Balance are just completely stupid.

Thus the hunger logically is a by product of something nasty the chaos are doing! Since the hunger is linked with the NPC monster world which thereby infects against all factions I suppose the only thing it can be is a general enemy of all 3 factions, which I think is a little well unconventional.

-Truthe Yashikawa

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild.  Welcome Home.

http://crowfall.shivtr.com/

The hunger will be the doomsday mechanism that eventually corrupts the entire world and eventually consumes it and moves on to the next one. Revisiting these older worlds that have been consumed to be looted and rebuilt at a later time. They mentioned crafting will use the spirits of fallen creatures so anything consumed by the hunger will get reused eventually I guess :)