Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fort Walls and Parcels

Devonic

So I was wondering if you could make a fort that expanded over two parcels and it looks like you cannot, at least not yet.

Also, the raise [R] is lowering the wall and the lower [T]

I was hoping guilds could combine forts, to make a big one.  So now could be a bunch of Forts all over a guild EK

https://ibb.co/cHtvHx

1 hour ago, Devonic said:

So I was wondering if you could make a fort that expanded over two parcels and it looks like you cannot, at least not yet.

Also, the raise [R] is lowering the wall and the lower [T]

I was hoping guilds could combine forts, to make a big one.  So now could be a bunch of Forts all over a guild EK

https://ibb.co/cHtvHx

There is no way to place objects beyond parcel borders. And up to now no plans to allow this later (too many technical problems). 

If you want to build something bigger, you will need a bigger parcel. 

20 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

There is no way to place objects beyond parcel borders. And up to now no plans to allow this later (too many technical problems). 

If you want to build something bigger, you will need a bigger parcel. 

In a non-pvp EK, does walls have any practical uses, besides blocking line of sight? 

If not than, many people setting up EK's or guild EK's may not want to claim their  Fort Packs from the purchased list, in order to save inventory.

On ‎18‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 10:11 PM, Devonic said:

In a non-pvp EK, does walls have any practical uses, besides blocking line of sight? 

If not than, many people setting up EK's or guild EK's may not want to claim their  Fort Packs from the purchased list, in order to save inventory.

Well, beside the obvious EK design reasons (oh, look, what a pretty castle wall) the general meaning of walls is to block movement. So the much more interesting questing is: How will gates work in the EK's? Will the monarch/noble/owner be able to allow defined groups to pass a specific gate? Will they be open gates. Closed gates that allow everybody to F them? Or all of it -- depending on the gates type or settings or the fact wether a guardian thrall is attached to it or not.

Fact is - we don't know yet. And it will probably take quite a while until we will.

However, once the game is released, people should only redeem what they currently need. The old stronghold bundles are divided into the parcel, the centerpiece-building, the wall pack, the accesssory pack (decoration). If you consume a stronghold bundle from your reward list, it will split up into these four packs. And each of them can be redeemed ingame individually. So if you don't want your inventory overflow, just don't redeem the wall pack. 

Or if walls don't make sense for you - get a trade desk and a merchant thrall and put the walls in there for a good price. Or sell them somewhere else. Or you can sacrifice them for character levels (they are objects, right?) (see below).

By the way, fort walls can also be interesting for bigger strongholds. For example to define quarters (here ends the merchant quarter and the tavern quarter begins). 

So, there are a lot of possibilities and I don't think it will be a huge problem. 

Edited by Kraahk

So the big thing to take from this, is don't redeem purchased items until you are ready to use them.  Unless you want to sell or sacrifice them that is.

25 minutes ago, Devonic said:

So the big thing to take from this, is don't redeem purchased items until you are ready to use them.  Unless you want to sell or sacrifice them that is.

Only consume (open the bundle - split it into the content pieces) in your backer rewards list, if you want to give such a piece to someone else. Only redeem something (ingame, via the purchase button) if you really want to use it ingame. Yes.

8 minutes ago, Devonic said:

At the moment, fort walls, buildings and land (at least the store bought ones)  don't give xp 

Thanks. Didn't test it myself. Thanks for testing it. :) By the way - thats a good point regarding "not pay-to-win". And since ACE is working a lot against pay-to-win, i would assume that it will stay this way.