Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Wackyorb

Combat Abilities

So my favorite pvp in any game is Blade and Soul. I know its unbalanaced, and unfair at times, but it feels so good. The combos are amazing to pull off and the abilities feel like they connect together like pieces to a puzzle. The issue with Blade and Soul is that its a Korean MMO cashgrab.

NOW, WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?

Crowfall has the same pvp "type" as Blade and Soul, where the camera follows the movement of the mouse. This makes it different from regular MMOs like WoW and is a super fresh style thats popular right now. (I.E fortnite)

Things i would like to see:

-Conditionals that allow moves to combo off each other. Like a stun that triggers after a certain amount of time on an area of the ground. (chainable by stunning the enemy in place leading to sick combos)

-I-frames that let you dodge stuns

-Skill based self heals on some abilities (im talking like on a full pip stack of a successful i-frame)

I feel like these would reward the player for being skilled and also offer some cool gameplay mechanics

Would likely require too much to get close to anything that games like BnS and BDO do. Different combat design. Not that I wouldn't mind them adding in mechanics and upping the skill cap over time.

On 3/20/2018 at 1:11 AM, Wackyorb said:

So my favorite pvp in any game is Blade and Soul. I know its unbalanaced, and unfair at times, but it feels so good. The combos are amazing to pull off and the abilities feel like they connect together like pieces to a puzzle. The issue with Blade and Soul is that its a Korean MMO cashgrab.

NOW, WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?

Crowfall has the same pvp "type" as Blade and Soul, where the camera follows the movement of the mouse. This makes it different from regular MMOs like WoW and is a super fresh style thats popular right now. (I.E fortnite)

Things i would like to see:

-Conditionals that allow moves to combo off each other. Like a stun that triggers after a certain amount of time on an area of the ground. (chainable by stunning the enemy in place leading to sick combos)

-I-frames that let you dodge stuns

-Skill based self heals on some abilities (im talking like on a full pip stack of a successful i-frame)

I feel like these would reward the player for being skilled and also offer some cool gameplay mechanics

I'll be honest... if they suddenly pivoted and switched to BnS Combat, I'd walk away instantly.

Many ability chains in the game are already effectively "combo" chains with multiple branching options.

Chain stuns... because that's ever been fun.

Certain classes I-Frames DO allow you to dodge/negate abilities, including stuns/suppress etc.

I honestly can't understand what you are trying to say with regards to "triggers after a amount of time on an area of the ground" or "like on a full pip stack of a successful i-frame"

Ultimately, the only thing that's not already there that I wouldn't mind seeing, are "reactionaries" which would fit into the conditional category (if X, Y attack option becomes available).  We have a tiny sliver of this with the Retaliate ability, but I'm thinking more in the vien of DAoC's Block/Evade/Parry triggers enabling specific styles.  I don't really know how that would fit in to the current combat system though, and it honestly feels fine without it.

Blade and Soul is just a completely different game and different style.  Suggesting to forklift that combat system into this game is kind of mind boggling.

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader