Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Anhrez

Basic Wells

They have no quality impact so the complexity of the campaign does not impact them does this move them more towards the resource type grit?  Grit (also no quality impact) is gathered from basic resource (slag) in campaign or in the EK.

Could there there be a parcel or a socket item that can be looted/built that allow a Well to be placed in EK ? 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

LOL .... well that might be too much even for an EK care bear like me. Just wondering if materials with no quality tier-ing needs to be gated in campaigns

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

A.  I totally agree on the wells being an EK parcel item since they are non-quality affecting materials.

B.  Man, I would totally love to have my own Boar/Cat/Spider parcel, even at Rank 1-3 lol

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader

@Anhrez, I don't think so. Just for "flavor" really, and face it, in the live stream, they basically stated boars are the "cobblestone" equivalent of leather. 

Besides adding revenue to the bottom line, I think it could actually do a lot to alleviate the pressure of available spawns at launch. Imagine all the noobs fighting over the boar spawn inside the safeholds! As long as they only popped white resources, i don't see a problem with it.

Edited by Armegeddon

53 minutes ago, Armegeddon said:

@Anhrez, I don't think so. Just for "flavor" really, and face it, in the live stream, they basically stated boars are the "cobblestone" equivalent of leather. 

Besides adding revenue to the bottom line, I think it could actually do a lot to alleviate the pressure of available spawns at launch. Imagine all the noobs fighting over the boar spawn inside the safeholds! As long as they only popped white resources, i don't see a problem with it.

When I watched that stream I laughed at Blair's reasoning. "We don't want to have them in the EK, but new players can get them in the beach head!"

Oh man, you're gonna need a WAAAAAY bigger spawn of boars. Putting r1 boars in the EKs seems like a good choice.

Putting wells in the EK seems like a bad choice. There's a reason wells aren't in the beach head, and I'd wager that reason is to force people to risk getting killed to gather water so the wells are PvP hotspots. Allowing them to end up in the EK short circuits their reason for existing. They aren't like grit or other such mats because they can't be acquired in the beach head.

The rule of thumb should be "If its in the beach head, you can also get it in your EK, if it isn't, you can't" as anything you can gather in your EK becomes without value in the campaigns.

In addition, if wells are updated for release to have actual looting cooldown timers, they help answer a very important new player question of "what can I do on my first day?" Wells provide water that's in constant demand all the way in to the end game because the water the provide is rapidly consumed via potions. This gives new players a very important economic purpose that seems implicitly designed. Established gatherers aren't going to want to go click wells for a living. They might hit them on the way to and from more valuable nodes but its going to be the new players under this system, or the combat focused players who broke all their gear that are the primary source of water.

Allowing people to gather water in an EK or beach head removes that economic relationship. Well water is a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it, and if you're brand new that's a job you can do with literally nothing but your naked character.

Edited by PopeUrban
Edited to expound upon something else I thought about in regards to wells.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

2 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

The rule of thumb should be "If its in the beach head, you can also get it in your EK, if it isn't, you can't" as anything you can gather in your EK becomes without value in the campaigns.

Amen. 

Though I would still like Cats/Spiders/Risen etc, again.. at R1 to R3. Some would argue the cats/spiders part, but the reality is.... basically white mats. 

It would also, as I stated before, generate a good bit of revenue. I'd buy one of each.

Just now, Armegeddon said:

Amen. 

Though I would still like Cats/Spiders/Risen etc, again.. at R1 to R3. Some would argue the cats/spiders part, but the reality is.... basically white mats. 

It would also, as I stated before, generate a good bit of revenue. I'd buy one of each.

I was actually midway through an edit to that post talking about wells and their function in the new player economy, and I think r1-3 mobs that aren't boars fall under the same banner. I don't want to see new players being told "just go to the EK and gather because you're not valuable in campaign worlds"

PopeSigGIF.gif

So @PopeUrban creating more conflict is a great reason for things to be in the campaign. Just wish that they would add quality levels to all of the items we are in conflict over. I mean Rank 9 animals are worth the risk out to the wilds of the campaigns better loot tables, more difficulty, etc.  Waters wells are a click to gather 1 or 2  ... no skill , no change in loot table due to Campaign world etc .... seems like a huge miss in their value.

LR0tCJt.png

2 hours ago, Armegeddon said:

Grey only level 1 boars, fine...   Big, Fat, NO to white materials dropping in EKs...  I think with 5 pips I would get an occasional white hide from lvl 1...

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Just now, Frykka said:

Grey only level 1 boars, fine...   Big, Fat, NO to white materials dropping in EKs...  I think with 5 pips I would get an occasional white hide from lvl 1...

I could live with that

1 hour ago, PopeUrban said:

I don't want to see new players being told "just go to the EK and gather because you're not valuable in campaign worlds"

Not my intent. I just see it as a means of capital generation and ease of entry. Unless ACE designers want to slam a ton of low level spawns in and around the safeholds, competetion will be fierce for spawns at start up, making a painful progression worse for new players. New players will have more than enough reason to venture out for mats without worrying about what twenty man group(s) are occupying/monopolizing the spawns at start up. 

Most new players, given the option would rather grind their first set in their EK I'm sure. I would.......but wait... is that P2W?:D

7 hours ago, Anhrez said:

So @PopeUrban creating more conflict is a great reason for things to be in the campaign. Just wish that they would add quality levels to all of the items we are in conflict over. I mean Rank 9 animals are worth the risk out to the wilds of the campaigns better loot tables, more difficulty, etc.  Waters wells are a click to gather 1 or 2  ... no skill , no change in loot table due to Campaign world etc .... seems like a huge miss in their value.

Items with no quality level are always at their maximum quality, so their value may not be consistent from item to item. Items without rarity aren't "poor" quality despite the tooltip. Items without rarity are simply "the best, but easy to work with" at all times. Water has greater value than cobblestone specifically because it is both less abundant and unavaliable in EKs. Players are not intended to be able to craft all things from start to finish within the confines of an EK, and in the case of water the sheer bulk required (again, when the loot timers are set to "live" values) ensures a valuable sale item that does not depreciate in value specifically because there are no skill requirements attached to it. Unlike many resources, water will not become less valuable through the natural course of skill training. New players, in the absence of skills to gather higher tier mats should naturally gravitate toward the value of water over time as it becomes a more valuable commodity as other common materials experience a decline, and the economic interplay between "real" harvesters need for potions and "unskilled" harvesters ability to provide water at maximum efficiency makes sense to me. These reasons seem to me to be strong argument for keeping water limited to lootable wells within the confines of campaign worlds.

Perhaps these types of resources need a special rarity tag like "commodity" to more clearly communicate that this type of item does not have rarity and does not affect the rarity outcome in crafting.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

You're missing the point here guys , when the game first comes out people will need to venture outside the beachhead to harvest materials since no one will be trained  . If you put these in EK's then there'll be no PVP until people have together higher end resources. 

Probably should put low level leather bearers in some of the Kickstarter parcels and let people import starting gear in the upper bands.  The newbie areas are going to be crowded already.  Let the new people have those spawns without competition from old hands.  Gives everyone more access.