Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Helix

Is crowfall fundamentally boring?

21 hours ago, isfjell said:

It would not take much in my opinion.
They already kinda have it at least for confessor. 

You press one button then a second and you get a tornado or what ever.
Now remove the spell lock (root while casting) speed up responsiveness of the skill activation.
And i think it be a darn good system in my humble opinion. 

The two key factors here is No casting lock and more responsive (faster firing spells\ attacks.)
Combined with the dodge\ dash skills i think that sounds like fun PvP.
As long as skill and not gear is the main determine factor of course.

Most of the feedback I get from people who I show the game usually mention how clunky the characters move around. I kind agree in this regard. Combat in crowfall IS clunky. I hope they can fix this.

38 minutes ago, izkimar said:

Most of the feedback I get from people who I show the game usually mention how clunky the characters move around. I kind agree in this regard. Combat in crowfall IS clunky. I hope they can fix this.

Clunky like lag or clunky like non-responsive? 

Edited by mandalore

This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

1 minute ago, mandalore said:

Clunky like lag or clunky like non-responsive? 

Clunky, like robotic, stiff and unnatural. At least that's the feedback I get from people. Basically people don't like how characters "lumber" around.

Edited by izkimar

Just now, mandalore said:

So the animations and casting?

Movement animations, attack animations, etc. They don't seem natural and fluid. It's a minor complaint for sure, but it's noticeable to many people I talk to.

There are def some issues with the movement and animations and custard do I hate saying this but its pretty common at this stage in pre-alpha.  It is clunky and doesn't always work ass much as I want. 

wiDfyPp.png

I must remember we are here to help test and the game is not ready. 

But yes... right now the early game is kinda boring at the start. I played for about two hours and logged out - i'll come back and help bug test but the experience for new players is pretty dire right now.

I understand that the game is more fun to play with a guild, but this is not how 90% of new players will start out. Nor should they. Finding a guild and teaming up with other players is something the game should steer you towards after you've gone through some reasonably rapid, engaging first levels - got some basic gear etc. I managed to craft a few basic things but was left not really knowing where to go next.

Huge step forward from the last time I logged in though! Keep up the good work and hopefully we will see this all come together.

Edited by Metamorph
re-phrased.

I think the game is really starting to come together, for the first time in a long time I logged in and enjoyed what seems the makings of a great MMO... gathering, crafting, point allocation decisions and playing around with unique/interesting Rune combinations that will really open up character customization.. as well as PvE/PvP combat (got ganked and lost all my stuff :P). I just want to add a word of encouragement to the ACE team, you are doing great, I know more is yet to come and I am excited to see where you take Crowfall. It is incomplete, not boring.

Now I know this game is under development so we need to take a lot of what we have to play around with with a grain of salt, but this is why we are here testing these systems out. saying wait till the game comes out is not why we are playing this game now. We are here to test out the systems and give our feed back. People dont want this game certain type of player, however these hardcore players are going to be face with the realization that if new players play this game and quit this game game is going to be empty and than what will you do with your player population is 200 people. 

The game has improved a lot since the last I played in Dec 17. Just started trying out the game again recently. The real test will be at the launch. I am assuming a late 2018 launch for this game...

It might be a really good year for MMO players as this game and Camelot Unchained looks to be released late 2018 =) 

47 minutes ago, Deernado said:

It might be a really good year for MMO players as this game and Camelot Unchained looks to be released late 2018 =) 

Neither game is coming out this year.  poorly made socks I’d be surprised if both release a finished launch version in 2019.  You are out of your mind if you think 2018 for either game.  

wiDfyPp.png

13 hours ago, mandalore said:

Neither game is coming out this year.  poorly made socks I’d be surprised if both release a finished launch version in 2019.  You are out of your mind if you think 2018 for either game.  

I think Camelot Unchained has a good chance to be out near christmas time. They are into their BETA testing phase with all race/class combos available.

I could see this game delaying into 2019, but there's hope as they may soft launch during this year. This game is a bit behind Camelot in its development process.

4 hours ago, Deernado said:

I think Camelot Unchained has a good chance to be out near christmas time. They are into their BETA testing phase with all race/class combos available.

I could see this game delaying into 2019, but there's hope as they may soft launch during this year. This game is a bit behind Camelot in its development process.

They are releasing half a game...

wiDfyPp.png

4 hours ago, Deernado said:

Camelot Unchained hasn't entered beta yet, and they aren't even close to having all the races/classes. Likewise Crowfall isn't softlaunching this year. 

18 minutes ago, Zatch said:

Camelot Unchained hasn't entered beta yet, and they aren't even close to having all the races/classes. Likewise Crowfall isn't softlaunching this year. 

Factually incorrect. BETA 1 has started... And according to the BETA 1 doc, all race/class combos are available.

18 minutes ago, Deernado said:

Factually incorrect. BETA 1 has started... And according to the BETA 1 doc, all race/class combos are available.

Again they are not in beta. They will announce when they go to Beta. Check their news website, its not announced.

They have gone on record saying all the classes wont be in at launch. 

Source I'm in the alpha.

21 minutes ago, Deernado said:

You need to follow up more than just the beta 1.  They haven't made four of their ten classes yet.  They won't be in at release.  The beta 1 doc refers to the available classes and races (the ones that are done) are current available.  Have you played yet?  The tab target system they use doesn't require the system accuracy that CF requires.  Manually aimed spells in CF require a constant and precise character location between multiple systems while the tab target of CU allows them not not worry as much on location.  The collision aspect of CF further compounds that.  CU has a 2 year head start on CF but they are releasing half a game.  I'm a fan of both but you're delusional dude. 

I gave CU more money than I did CF, I'm a backer for both. 

Edited by mandalore

wiDfyPp.png

Tab target is the same as DAOC, which I loved, and they have more then 10 classes. Each realm has 10 different classes = 30 classes overall.

They are obviously not finished yet but they are already in Beta i could see a release near the end of this year.

I dont think they have a release date so how can you say they are releasing half a game?

My favorite MMO of all time is DAOC. So if this game emulates that, I'm sure I and many others will love it.