Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

02/12/15 - The Confessor, God History & Pricing Faq

Hey Guys!

I'm excited to show you guys the current progress on the Male Confessor model! This is his high poly version from Zbrush. Soon he will be made game ready and sent over to be rigged and begin animation work. I look forward to sharing more updates with everyone in the future!  :)

ConfessorHP_01.png

Awesome in-progress look! Can we get a de-hooded look? ;)

Depends on the cost of doing business for the gold farmers.  If there are no resources in secure areas (which we already know is included in the design) then some percentage less than 100% of collected resources will be returned back safely due to loss to PvP.  Much will depend on how effectively bots or manually operated farmers can get those resources out of the POIs and back to town.

So do your part to save the economy - murder the farmers!  (hmm that sounds kinda creepy, doesn't it?)

I like your suggestion but it sounds a little too violent.  :P  

What if there was a "limit" to the amount of resources a player can farm every X hours. It could be like a stamina bar and when the bar is empty, it's impossible to mine or farm more resources. It could possibly prevent bots from farming non stop.

Hey Guys!

I'm excited to show you guys the current progress on the Male Confessor model! This is his high poly version from Zbrush. Soon he will be made game ready and sent over to be rigged and begin animation work. I look forward to sharing more updates with everyone in the future!  :)

ConfessorHP_01.png

Very cool. A video of a start to finish model would be pretty neat like from drawing the concept art -> concept art -> zbrush -> final product. I honestly don't pay attention to the art side of game design but definitely interested now!

You can't just throw in an arbitrary amount of time that it would take for the non-spender to acquire the same item.  Why does it all of a sudden take 50 hours?

Well it was an attempt to illustrate my thought with an exemple. It doesn't have to be 50 hours, it can be anything unreasonably greater than 20 minuts (the time the VIP player spent).

We're still early in development so there's a number of things we still need to do. However, Eric has started on the confessors models! 

I wonder if people would want to see his work in progress?

Saw the WIP! Looks amazing!

LW_sig_concept2_zpsgdrsfl7n.jpg

I like your suggestion but it sounds a little too violent.  :P  

What if there was a "limit" to the amount of resources a player can farm every X hours. It could be like a stamina bar and when the bar is empty, it's impossible to mine or farm more resources. It could possibly prevent bots from farming non stop.

Bots are only one way they get gold to sell. A lot of the gold they sell is gold players earn and then sell to the gold seller. Those bots you see are generally ran by players themselves, not the actual gold sellers. Developers haven't understood this, so they don't realize all the consequences the systems they put in place have on their game.

Edited by frozenshadow

Well, there is obviously people just plain against anything having  to do with shops and micro transactions. Which is fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I personally have to say what they showed us at this point is a pretty damn fair program across the board. I am also aware the company needs to keep bringing in money to keep the game going and the servers live. 

I have never been in a PvP encounter that I felt I loss to ANY pay 2 win scenerio. People just plain blow this crap out of proportion and blame their short falls on crap like "dye" or VIP vouchers. With that said, I think I left my opinion clear enough for the Devs and they can take all comments into consideration when finalizing their payment model.

Just remember, this is ALL subject to change by the time the game even releases. 

Edited by sarin

By that logic then someone who can play more is "pay 2 win" and unfair because they'll have an advantage of time and being able to acquire items and skills faster.

Also gear will come from crafting, so its not likely there will be many if any crafters with super high skill that can make higher quality weapons soon after launch. Even so those crafters will be able to sell to anyone, so sure some will be able to afford it faster but again anyone will be able to obtain those items.

If someone plays more but doesn't pay more, I don't understand why I should call him "pay 2 win". "Play 2 win" maybe?  :P

And I agree with you that, how it looks, every players will be able to get any available items in the game.

Someone else pointed out that there's a contraint of time in game, because the worlds are destructible after X days. So of course if someone earns 1,000 Gold way way before a large majority of players, I would consider this to be an advantage similar to "pay 2 win".

Instead of the VIP status to gold system, they need to just make VIP status affordable to more people with a lower monthly price. Don't try to milk people and earn good will, people will financially support you. Things you buy from the cash shop should be locked to the account.

Lower than $15/mo?  Plenty of people will support the game at $15/mo.  I'll probably pay for several accounts at that rate.

Instead of the VIP status to gold system, they need to just make VIP status affordable to more people with a lower monthly price. Don't try to milk people and earn good will, people will financially support you. Things you buy from the cash shop should be locked to the account.

Not trying to sound like an ass, but 15.00 USD is 50 cents a day for what, an average of 30-50 hours of game play (entertainment) a month. I do not see that as a harsh price point at all, it's really pretty economical compared to the vast majority of different forms of entertainment. If you cannot afford that amount of money in your monthly budget, you should probably be doing something more productive with your time other than gaming.

I don't think it should be cheaper but I totally agree on account bound things obtained via IRL money. That's exactly the point, you shouldn't be able to use your €/$ to affect your gameplay (inb4 the "it doesn't affect" statements, it DOES affect when you can trade your things obtained with real money for ingame goods or currency)

Is passive training optional or does it occur by default. I have a very puritan playstyle that some people call masochism, but I prefer to think of it as just. I do not like earning experience when I'm not playing the game. I'm against all manners of exp boost or the like as a personal choice and would appreciate not being forced to use any silly passive training slot.

Edited by phatcat09

#CrowFallBata

~Sweet Sensations~

puppy punch Count: 28

Lower than $15/mo?  Plenty of people will support the game at $15/mo.  I'll probably pay for several accounts at that rate.

Wow's been charging that since 2004, quite successfully to be honest. 

However, the reason I believe a purely monthly subscription plan is not the best option for Crowfall is because of resets and campaigns. I will call it now, you will see players and guilds taking breaks in between campaigns and come back later on. Having to not pay a monthly sub during those breaks works well, and the "shop" allows the company to fill in the financial gaps because of this. 

I guess my problem here is, I am trying to look at it from "their" eyes more than my own. If I like this game, I want it to be funded and not die out.

I don't think it should be cheaper but I totally agree on account bound things obtained via IRL money. That's exactly the point, you shouldn't be able to use your €/$ to affect your gameplay (inb4 the "it doesn't affect" statements, it DOES affect when you can trade your things obtained with real money for ingame goods or currency)

i buy a VIP voucher, sell it for gold (or any other resource). how do you prevent trading of resources then?

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

Is passive training optional or does it occur by default. I have a very puritan playstyle that some people call masochism, but I prefer to think of it as just. I do not like earning experience when I'm not playing the game. I'm against all manners of exp boost or the like as a personal choice and would appreciate not being forced to use any silly passive training slot.

think of it as dreams and previous lives/memories or w/e.  I dont think CF will have character levels.  If the developers intend for passive training, then you should see it as being ok.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

Hey Guys!

ConfessorHP_01.png

Looks real good! Thought he wand seems off to me like a branding iron someone said :P Otherwise i love it!

krevra.png