Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

02/12/15 - The Confessor, God History & Pricing Faq

Wow, just three character slots? Buy the game and can't even play all the classes? That's crazy.

That's sarcasm, right?  You can buy more character slots, or heck, even a second copy of the game since there's no subscription fee.

Hey Guys!

I'm excited to show you guys the current progress on the Male Confessor model! This is his high poly version from Zbrush. Soon he will be made game ready and sent over to be rigged and begin animation work. I look forward to sharing more updates with everyone in the future!  :)

ConfessorHP_01.png

Wow.  Please tell me you folks are considering printing posed figures/statues of these archetypes down the road!  My shelf needs to change it up from the Shae Vizla and Kotubukiyas I've got up right now.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

does this mean there will be no ingame currency? only materials? pretty cool!

Ooooh I'mma gonna corner the market on fluffy bunnies!  They'll be worth a fortune in ore and wood!

The entire server will want to trade for fluffy bunnies so that they can secretly snuggle with them and cry private tears over being pwnd by my awesome PvP skills.. 

OK maybe the last sentence is not so true but fluffy!  Fluffybunnies!

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Ooooh I'mma gonna corner the market on fluffy bunnies!  They'll be worth a fortune in ore and wood!

The entire server will want to trade for fluffy bunnies so that they can secretly snuggle with them and cry private tears over being pwnd by my awesome PvP skills.. 

OK maybe the last sentence is not so true but fluffy!  Fluffybunnies!

Would they be cute like those?

IMG_3866.JPG

I'll definitely be interested in seeing if everyone sticks to the barter system or if we end up making special currency items. My guess is we'll all go for the easiest thing(s), which would be a few common resources that are super handy. Definitely harder to determine how much the VIP ticket thing would be worth without having a direct comparison to a 'gold' market! And it makes me wonder if there is an 'auction house' globally then, because you would have to list out the various ways you would want to be paid, or if it's more of a 'find people to trade with' thing. If you have to find people, it would definitely give you a reason to move to a large Eternal Kingdom (when not playing the game), because there would be more people to trade with. Making actual trading hubs. And if you made that big one and could tax... (I suppose if you pay money to make your kingdom bigger and taxes were a thing, that would be one way to pay to win, sort of? But just in the Eternal Kingdoms, where there are less resources than the dying worlds).

I like your suggestion but it sounds a little too violent.  :P  

What if there was a "limit" to the amount of resources a player can farm every X hours. It could be like a stamina bar and when the bar is empty, it's impossible to mine or farm more resources. It could possibly prevent bots from farming non stop.

Then the gold farmers would probably buy enough copies of the game to work around this.  They're skummy like that.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

I like your suggestion but it sounds a little too violent.  :P  

What if there was a "limit" to the amount of resources a player can farm every X hours. It could be like a stamina bar and when the bar is empty, it's impossible to mine or farm more resources. It could possibly prevent bots from farming non stop.

Archage tried this. it's just going to promote boting

We're still early in development so there's a number of things we still need to do. However, Eric has started on the confessors models! 

I wonder if people would want to see his work in progress?

Hell yeah!

Confessor is a walking library. Dude has hip-holstered books. Dual wield books confirmed? 

I'm also excited about the implication that bookbinding will be one of the crafting professions. 

Thirdly, Valkyn singing the universe into creation supports my hope for the Dance Tank.

What do you mean by bookbinding? Like any caster being able to build a Spell Tome?!  :o

Community Moderator - http://killonsight.info/

The Dark Forest beckons...

So it won't be gold? Will this be a barter only economy?

I expect to see copper, silver and gold used as the "coins" in the economy.  Hopefully their rarities match the common idea we have for the respective values of those currencies - would be pretty neat.  

I'll definitely be interested in seeing if everyone sticks to the barter system or if we end up making special currency items. My guess is we'll all go for the easiest thing(s), which would be a few common resources that are super handy. Definitely harder to determine how much the VIP ticket thing would be worth without having a direct comparison to a 'gold' market! And it makes me wonder if there is an 'auction house' globally then, because you would have to list out the various ways you would want to be paid, or if it's more of a 'find people to trade with' thing. If you have to find people, it would definitely give you a reason to move to a large Eternal Kingdom (when not playing the game), because there would be more people to trade with. Making actual trading hubs. And if you made that big one and could tax... (I suppose if you pay money to make your kingdom bigger and taxes were a thing, that would be one way to pay to win, sort of? But just in the Eternal Kingdoms, where there are less resources than the dying worlds).

Depending on how they do "thralls" .... I could see these being a "type" of currency in a way.

Best economy in my opinion if you want a in depth meaningful crafting enviroment, I said this the first few days the forums where here ! I am excited it looks like they are going that way. 

It's going to make crafters extremely important in Crowfall in MANY different ways!!

Well, I've never played a MMO without any real set currency, but I'm sure resources will default to currency anyways.

I expect to see copper, silver and gold used as the "coins" in the economy.  Hopefully their rarities match the common idea we have for the respective values of those currencies - would be pretty neat.  

I think it would also depend on how rare each of those are too. Like if gold somehow was more common than copper, I would expect the relative values to reflect that. But it could be to the point where too many people trade it instead of using it, so we switch to other materials. But it would make sense if we all gravitated toward those as a base.

Well, I've never played a MMO without any real set currency, but I'm sure resources will default to currency anyways.

It will, adding currency in reality just adds another uneeded layer in the whole system. The only real good thing a hard currency does is "market sink". However with sieges and city building and item decay you don't need that layer, the sink is already there. Hope that makes sense.

What it does like I said before, is put a very huge and needed need for solid dedicated crafters to the game, been a very long time since I have played a game that needs this. If the system actually turns out like I hope, this might even be my first game I become a dedicated crafter instead of the cold stone killer :D