Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

02/12/15 - The Confessor, God History & Pricing Faq

For anyone who hasn't played Path of Exile ... head over there and see how they do their economy. It's all item based trading. they have "orbs" that have naturally evolved into the base currency, which I forsee something like "thralls" or something else happening here in Crowfall. 

For anyone who hasn't played Path of Exile ... head over there and see how they do their economy. It's all item based trading. they have "orbs" that have naturally evolved into the base currency, which I forsee something like "thralls" or something else happening here in Crowfall. 

What's a thrall? Or what is it similar to?

an 'enchant' that can be imbued into an item while crafting.  that's the best way i can describe it.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

You've just turned off a whole lot of people with the Payment Model. Only appealing to those who can actually buy it.

Some form of F2P, even if it is small and partial. It would be good for people who want to take a demo before they get a full experience of the game.

ϟhαdσwßłαdə

an 'enchant' that can be imbued into an item while crafting.  that's the best way i can describe it.

Ah okay. Player-made or found? Either way, an item that the community finds valuable enough to use a good thing to trade around. We'll have to see if we settle on such an item too. Not sure if it would be an enchant style item though, considering how gear is constantly destroyed; items that woudl be useful to make more gear might be more valued.

think of it as dreams and previous lives/memories or w/e. I dont think CF will have character levels. If the developers intend for passive training, then you should see it as being ok.

The fact it is a 'perk' for VIP members means it will affect my gameplay in some way that is "desirable" or "nice to have" I do not want the benefit of it. I am not okay with it I don't want to be forced to use it.

Edited by phatcat09

#CrowFallBata

~Sweet Sensations~

puppy punch Count: 28

Is a Thrall what I think it is? And do you use them in crafting?

OK, fine. I’ll tell you. The Dying Worlds are filled with Thralls. They are basically the souls of fallen warriors and craftsmen, left behind and awaiting judgement before they can move on to the afterlife.

If you capture a Thrall, you can shortcut that process and bind them into your items. Todd likes to reference the demon imbedded inside Stormbringer in Moorcock’s Elric series, as a narrative example. 

If you bind a Thrall into your item, the properties of the item change in certain ways. I like the idea of a Smith’s Hammer that has the trapped soul of a Dwarven Forgemaster bound within it, and that his skill and life experience is being used to make that hammer stronger and more precise with every swing.

That’s probably about all I should say about it for now, except, remember: the system was designed to create reasons to seek out and interact with other players.

Or, you know, kill them and take their stuff.  That works, too.

Here's the link where Ralph talks about the crafting system and thralls for a more in depth reading on it.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/1214/feature/9325/Crowfall-Building-Upon-Star-Wars-Galaxies-Crafting.html

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/979-012215-the-crowfall-universe-economycrafting-raph-koster/

Edited by sarin

You've just turned off a whole lot of people with the Payment Model. Only appealing to those who can actually buy it.

I took my sweet time actually trying to figure out how could I politely reply to this, and the only way is to bold a part of that quote and let you figure out what went wrong with your logic yourself.

The fact it is a 'perk' for VIP members means it will affect my gameplay in some way that is "desirable" or "nice to have" I do not want the benefit of it. I am not okay with it I don't want to be forced to use it.

no, everyone gets 1 character to have passive training.  vip get 3 characters with passive training.  

etDenA9.png

I took my sweet time actually trying to figure out how could I politely reply to this, and the only way is to bold a part of that quote and let you figure out what went wrong with your logic yourself.

What do you mean??? How dare the devs want a return on their investment and time!! They should burn in eternal ...

That doesn't answer my question.

It doesn't affect your gameplay .... you still get passive offline training as well, just limited to 1 character. You can only log in a single character at a time, thus not giving ANY in game advantage.

That doesn't answer my question.

you said it was a perk of the vip system. i said no it wasnt and that every account gets 1 character slot that can have passive training.

etDenA9.png

Some form of F2P, even if it is small and partial. It would be good for people who want to take a demo before they get a full experience of the game.

A few purchase and subscription based games have been offering free trials, so I guess Crowfall could find a way to do it too.

Maybe the players could be restricted to Eternal Kingdoms... or to Dregs! So we would have something easy to hunt.  :P

It doesn't affect your gameplay .... you still get passive offline training as well, just limited to 1 character. You can only log in a single character at a time, thus not giving ANY in game advantage.

This will only hold true if you're limited to 1 character per campaign. If not it will result in VIP having more versatility.

It's clearly a perk of the VIP system when they're offering more for being VIP. I don't know how you can misconstrued this.

Jesus christ ..... of course they have to offer more or something otherwise no one will give them that 15 bucks, it still doesn't freaking give a in game advantage ... I don't mean to be rude, but what are you one of those people who want all for nothing? Have your cake and eat it too??

Buckle up and pay if you want it, if not play your one character and use the offline passive trainiing on it. If you want another character to use it and not pay, turn off your training on the one and put it on the other. If you want all 3 training when you are offliine, than freakin pay for it. Just plain tired of players who want a game that cost millions to produce to be free and clear, it's pathetic.

It's clearly a perk of the VIP system when they're offering more for being VIP. I don't know how you can misconstrued this.

i'm not sure how you can misconstrue the use of the passive training when we know nothing, concrete, about it. We've speculated about it.  This isnt something that some figured out about and now the whole game community is doing. This is something developed by the developers and is apart of the game. No different than using armor/weapons to fight,  Are you such a masochist that you'll pvp without gear against someone with gear? I somehow doubt you would, because it's apart of the game design.

etDenA9.png

This will only hold true if you're limited to 1 character per campaign. If not it will result in VIP having more versatility.

It sill doesn't give a freakin in game advantage .... I am willing to bet they restrict 1 character per campaign anyway to curve the whole "spy" issue.

A few purchase and subscription based games have been offering free trials, so I guess Crowfall could find a way to do it too.

Maybe the players could be restricted to Eternal Kingdoms... or to Dregs! So we would have something easy to hunt.  :P

I vote for dregs.  If you aren't going to put a dime in to it, go to the dregs to play.

I don't want any f2p.  I've seen what it does to a game.  No.  Just no.