Find results in...

02/12/15 - The Confessor, God History & Pricing Faq

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Guys!   I'm excited to show you guys the current progress on the Male Confessor model! This is his high poly version from Zbrush. Soon he will be made game ready and sent over to be rigged and b

Hey gang,   This morning, we're submitting a few new items that may be of interest:    - The Confessor Archetype page -- first of our spell casters.   - As indicated in the same narrative, the the C

Just wanted to clear this up since I've been seeing a reoccurring question on it and we didn't cover it in the FAQ: The only item purchased from the shop that we intend to allow players to trade is th

Love the payment system.

Love the confessor.

Love the lore.

Love especially the look of the female confessor.

Is there a relation perhaps between Templar Knights and Confessors?

Just like there appears a relation between Kane and the Stoneborn?

If I had to confess to the Confessor how hot I thought she was, I'd probably get burned at the stake.

Selling the VIP tokens in game worries me.

I did my time in Archeage and witnessed first hand how a wallet warrior can turn legitimately purchased tokens into greater in game wealth, giving them a clear advantage over other players.

ArtCraft is going to have to be VERY mindful of this system.  On the one hand, they need an avenue for the income.  Also, I do like the idea of "free" players being subsidized by those who are willing to put more cash into the game in exchange for more resources.  It's a system that needs carefully planned balancing.

What worries me is that those with larger wallets could in essence buy themselves a top slot.

We do have one safeguard for Campaigns where everyone starts naked.  In those worlds, everyone starts pretty equal.

SPECULATION: If there is going to be siege war in the Eternal Kingdoms, then you are going to have trouble wrestling control from wallet warriors.  This is the kind of thing I do not want to see and would turn me off to the game completely.  Any campaign where you can bring in gear, the wallet warrior will have an advantage.

I urge you guys at Artcraft to tread very, very carefully along this path of the VIP tokens.  I would hate to see an amazing game completely ruined by a poor monetization strategy.

Personally, I am absolutely okay with buying the game and paying for the VIP status.

Interesting thoughts!

I still think ArcheAge isn't the best comparison, as it definitely has p2w tendencies with the way land and labor works. Silly ArcheAge. I mean, when I started playing I immediately determined the game would be no fun for me unless I was subbed. I don't think that would be the case here. I think the model is something between the GW2 and Wildstar stuff, which I think both made good decisions. I really don't see the GW2 market affecting the gameplay as much.

I also don't think siegeing will happen in the EK, but you're right it would be a problem if a person sold lots of VIP tickets for lots of materials to make good gear. However, I think you'd need a lot of income to do that consistently, as materials are limited by people arriving from dying worlds, and gear often is destroyed. Gear seems to be a very fluctuating kind of thing.

I think the main effect would be in the campaigns where gear is allowed in. However, a lot of those are more 'group' campaigns, with guilds. Guilds may have enough combined buying/crafting power to stand up to someone who has 'bought' their gear. And an individual may have a harder time against larger guilds in guild worlds. In the end, unless the buying person has good playing skills, they'll have to either buy materials to get new gear in that dying world, or after they die, they're back at square one anyway.

Your pricing structure is a godsend. Thank you, you are definitely going in the right direction. I understand the FTP model but I would definitely prefer the PTP model with a dev company that has compentancy and vision. Thankfully, I see a ton of both in you guys.

Totally throwing my sopping wet panties at my computer screen right now.....

Firaxis LoD

Lords of Death

I like the buy to play design, but please don't offer too many cosmetic items.. I prefer my immersion to be total. Whatever someone is wearing should be made by other players. 

As well, I hope you limit how many characters you can have in a single world. Reputation should matter. You shouldn't be able to have alts in the same world. That would allow you to easily circumvent your actions and the reputation effect it has on others. Diminishes the impact of your character, feels less like a real world. 

In fact, I'd have one character per account, period. But I guess if you're only on other worlds with them it's okay. 

Edited by unknownxv

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.

- Nietzsche

A few purchase and subscription based games have been offering free trials, so I guess Crowfall could find a way to do it too.

Maybe the players could be restricted to Eternal Kingdoms... or to Dregs! So we would have something easy to hunt.  :P

My thoughts exaclty.

ϟhαdσwßłαdə

I like the buy to play design, but please don't offer too many cosmetic items.. I prefer my immersion to be total. Whatever someone is wearing should be made by other players. 

As well, I hope you limit how many characters you can have in a single world. Reputation should matter. You shouldn't be able to have alts in the same world. That would allow you to easily circumvent your actions and the reputation effect it has on others. Diminishes the impact of your character, feels less like a real world. 

In fact, I'd have one character per account, period. But I guess if you're only on other worlds with them it's okay. 

I like the immersive gear too. At least, gear that makes a little more sense design-wise to get from cash shops. I don't like baseball caps in my fantasy games. >_>

Sounds like you'd be just fine with the 'one training slot' on the base account then. :) But I do think it would be more interesting to have only one character per world.

I took my sweet time actually trying to figure out how could I politely reply to this, and the only way is to bold a part of that quote and let you figure out what went wrong with your logic yourself.

Hmm I kinda worded it wrong. I'd rather go by month to month sub tbh. The system doesn't appeal to me

ϟhαdσwßłαdə

Mua haaa!  Confessors makes their appearance!  Beautiful artwork for the archetypes and lore paintings, and holy crap that ZBrush screenshot was awesome.  Maaaaan wish I could get ahold of ZBrush, what an amazing program!!  :lol:  First thing I'd probably make is a dragon, naturally.  :P

The lore snippets were very interesting.  Makes me curious for more, every little story bit released just starts to shape the world in my brain.  

I didn't have time to read the entire thread, but on the pricing FAQ, numbers 2 and 9 kinda conflict a little.  I guess more information will need to be seen on what the VIP tickets will really become.  But maybe I'm just tired from the work day lol  ^_^

wwsigcrowfall.jpg
                         ~For the Honor and Memory of Ahz Badaxe~

For anyone who hasn't played Path of Exile ... head over there and see how they do their economy. It's all item based trading. they have "orbs" that have naturally evolved into the base currency, which I forsee something like "thralls" or something else happening here in Crowfall. 

I think having Thralls be trade-able would be interesting.

Community Moderator - http://killonsight.info/

The Dark Forest beckons...

What if the cosmetic items were recipes to create special equipment's or weapon's looks. They would still be crafted by the players and exclusive to players with subscription.

All hail Valkyn the Ancient, Creator of the All, and He Who Sits Upon The Dragon Throne!

Love how you guys are really incorporating a religious tone with the game and its not just going to be a skin deep afterthought bit of lore that most games seem to go for. The confessors also look really promising but I've never been big on fire mages. They are just so over done, though I understand why they would be fire mages with the sun theme of their religion.

Just one thing I also noticed is the moon is normally seen as a feminine deity in most ancient religions but here the god of the moon is male and a smith. Very unique approach to that, and is it just Confessors that applies to or other religious orders that might be in the game as well?

A few purchase and subscription based games have been offering free trials, so I guess Crowfall could find a way to do it too.

Maybe the players could be restricted to Eternal Kingdoms... or to Dregs! So we would have something easy to hunt.  :P

I guess I could see how this would work down the road.. Kind of like WoW allowing you free to play to level 50 kind of thing.  Although even WoW didn't have anything like this till they had made all the money they could off the original game.  It's just really hard to offer something for free that has cost so much money to make.  

Tanom of the WhiteWalkers

iWQCpyx.gif

Hmm I kinda worded it wrong. I'd rather go by month to month sub tbh. The system doesn't appeal to me

Ya, I agree with you there, I would prefer the P2P monthly sub

iWQCpyx.gif

What if the cosmetic items were recipes to create special equipment's or weapon's looks. They would still be crafted by the players and exclusive to players with subscription.

This is very a cool idea, but I think it still plays on the P2W.  The crafters with the most money will have the best molds and will then get all the sales and have all the resources and so on.....

iWQCpyx.gif

This is very a cool idea, but I think it still plays on the P2W.  The crafters with the most money will have the best molds and will then get all the sales and have all the resources and so on.....

I think he is referring to buying recipes to craft skins that could be stitched to gear acquired in game to change the look up.