Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

02/12/15 - The Confessor, God History & Pricing Faq

From this I speculate that there is a Dex-based to-hit roll after a ranged attack is ordered. Probably a damage roll too, for hits, that determines whether the hit does gimp, normal, or critical damage.

That's an interesting thought, I like it. Honestly I think more can also be gained by another range class being revealed.

sbu_lom_crowfall.png

I've just taken a look to the Archeage wikia since I've never played this game, it says : " Almost every craft based, non quest action costs labor points to perform. The cost can be as small as 1-2 points for small things such as picking flowers and as large as several dozen for more advanced actions like building.

Labor Points are gained/refilled over time. A non-premium user will gain 5 points per 5 minutes of play and 0 points per 5 minutes while offline. A premium member will gain 10 points every 5 minutes and 5 points every 5 minutes while offline. "

Does it apply to mining and the collection of other resources too? How did labor system destroy Archeage?

Ok I've just read it again and collecting resources cost points.

As an idea its wasn't that bad actually.. 

They planned on limiting inflation, black market gold etc. with it.

But greed is everpresent..  Suddenly they started giving too few of it to non-VIP users and not any to logged out characters and started selling Labor Pots for cash.

That caused people to resort to macroes and auto-hitting targets to stay logged in and receive the points, huge lag ensued, the company became even greedier and people left.

The game was AAA, supposedly the "Next big MMO" and now it's struggling.

You reap what you sow..

Edited by satyros

It limited the amount of crafting and gathering one could do, but that in itself didn't destroy Archeage. What did make it bad was the fact non-sub players only gained that labor online at a slower rate. This caused all sorts of afk/ idling problems at times when the servers had queues. Also since that labor system was so important that one could see it as a pay to win tactic in some ways.

Oh yea, I guess if people keep their characters online when they're afk to get points, there might be a problem with the connection queue. Thank you for the answer!

I like everything except for the Passive Training thing. It seems really arbitrary and lame. And also unfair that people can pay to progress faster that way than other players.

Technically it's not "faster". You will get to train up to 3 characters at the same time, instead of only 1 at a time. But no matter how many characters you are training, they all progress at the same 'speed'. This is straight out of Eve Online.

I am interested to see how they will limit what skills any particular character can take. Can a Confessor take some or all of a certain crafting profession? Parts or all of some other non-combat skill?

eEvERiW.jpg

So excited that this game is buy to play! Cannot wait for more! I loved the lore, were the name typos intentional?

Life is not a Destination  -- Enjoy the Journey

Stand back, then, my friend. Stand back, watch and learn.

wxDQ4r3.png

Man, I step away for one day and you guys do 20 pages before I can even turn around!

"Account level services (such as increasing your number of character slots, or the size and population caps of your personal kingdom)."

OK, that explains something. I was wondering how they'd have an Eternal Kingdom for each of us. I know storage is cheap these days, but come on. This explains it. Each of our Eternal Kingdoms will be tiny, until we pay for more. You want more people to visit? More space to grow and build? Pay for it. I like it. It will bring money in hand over fist.

Not terribly happy with the VIP tokens. As seen in the past, these can cause monstrous inflation in the economy. I know they've seen it. I know they must be working on a solution to that. We'll see. I do have a good amount of faith in this team.

Confessor. Ok. I know who I'm going to spend most of my time killing. Intolerant pricks.

Now, the real meat, God War.

OK, most of this we had figured out already. But a few things that are new. Kane killed d'Orion after d'Orion attacked him. And yet the tree has d'Orion as neutral, balanced. Interesting. The race must be very dedicated to Gaea's legacy and the balance.

We now have the majority of the Balance named and described, but only one each (albeit the leaders) of Order and Chaos.

I'm more interested in finishing up Balance than I am Order or Chaos, for some reason. Kronos sits higher than even Gaea, Time above Life. Was it always that way? Or just after Gaea died?

So much to learn...

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

A lot of angry posts about pay 2 win here given we don't even know exactly what we get for the VIP vouchers. 

A past screen shot showed some resources taking up more space in the bag than others. Its not like you can take ALL of those resources purchased through whatever chain of events, staring with VIP vouchers, probably only what you can carry in. There's also a chance that "better" items and buildings will need larger resources, making multiple person teams required to actually benefit from having a surplus of resources.

I would also point out that certain campaigns won't allow any items or resources to be brought in. So not sure why there is so much speculation on unfair advantages given that we know this simply cannot happen on certain worlds (and i'm sure there was some info regarding worlds with severe loot rules could give better rewards at the end of the campaign, so the bonuses from joining campaigns with these severe rules could be balanced against the rewards given to a guild or person that only joins campaigns where they can bring in purchased or gathered resources from other worlds).

Regarding the passive training and VIP getting to train with 3 slots (versus 1) isn't much of an advantage given you can only train 1 skill per character (an assumption based on the wording used to describe it to us so far). A non-VIP player would still be able to have the same skills, and once they have maxed out the skills, any advantage the VIP player had in regards to training faster than others is gone.

Still lots of info we don't have, but so far, everything i'm hearing is great news, my only complaint being we haven't heard any details about the combat and physics - waiting gives me sad face.

Edited by Squirlypete

Oh my. The one class i was hoping to see, ranged sorceror type heavy on intellect and light on strength. This is my usual fav class. And it turns out to be a zealot? Lol. Idk if i like that but if it turns out this is the only type of sorcerer/ranged class available, i guess a zealot i shall be lol.

You are going to like channelers, this is more like a fire priest.

when i read the title of this archetype i remembered this image

burn-the-heretic-kill-the-mutant-purge-t

i loved the b2p method and the stat-away VIP membership but i worry for the "Priority access to all game servers" what that means ?

i still cant read the lore i am tired :P

5a1b3fea-fc4c-485e-87da-0147a0f11ae3.png

Crowfall, please make game cards of the 15 dollar vip and put them in stores because my parents don't like to buy online. Anyways I can not pay 50 dollars all at one time so the vip option is helpful with it being charged at a small amount a month.

I have one question about trading VIP tickets in game.  Since the sub is paid monthly by those who purchase it, are the VIP vouchers/tickets only good for one month, or are they permanent? And if only good for a month, does the voucher end 30 days from when it was traded or from when it was originally granted?   Because trading for a one month VIP option seems a bit pointless.  With time being a factor in the campaigns, I can't see a real advantage with this, and it certainly isn't something I would feel compelled to go out and bargain with someone to get. (Will probably get a sub anyway--I just do things like that).  Seems like before you had time to get much use out of the voucher, you could be plopped into a completely new scenario and have to regroup everything.

I don't have the experience most of this group has had with other games of this sort.  (I never knew there was a black market for in-game gold on EBay...hmmm...have to check that out, LOL)

So, maybe I trade a VIP voucher for a nice big stick to beat the bullies who are trying to steal the shirt I looted from the corpse  "trade for goods or services" is that what we are calling P2W or pay for advantage?

And from a real world perspective, yes, I agree there will always be inflation.  But economies have a limit to what the traffic will bear.  Or they collapse.  If the economy collapses before the scenario ends, does everybody lose?

Okay so that was two questions...or perhaps several.

Crowfall, please make game cards of the 15 dollar vip and put them in stores because my parents don't like to buy online. Anyways I can not pay 50 dollars all at one time so the vip option is helpful with it being charged at a small amount a month.

Incorrect. You will still have to pay $50 originally. The 15/mo is additional for VIP access.

Since the sub is paid monthly by those who purchase it, are the VIP vouchers/tickets only good for one month, or are they permanent?

-snip-

And from a real world perspective, yes, I agree there will always be inflation.  But economies have a limit to what the traffic will bear.  Or they collapse.  If the economy collapses before the scenario ends, does everybody lose?

They are not permanent. No word yet on what kind of time lengths will be available to purchase.

I have not yet seen nor read of a deflation cycle/economic collapse in any of these games that have a paid time trade feature. And, remember, this game is persistent. There are parts that end, but the game, as a whole, carries on.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

Wondered that myself. Names vs. Races (kingdoms?). The god is Arkon but his people are the Arkyn? (Play on kin?) Very interesting.

I'm pretty sure the god is called Arkyn.  The Stoneborn archetype narrative refers to "Son of Arkyn".

Hard for the Arkyn to be their own sons, they are most likely the sons of the god Arkyn.  My guess is that the names changed over the years (Same way the names of gods in real world religions change over time).

The narrative sounds like the first ramblings of creation you would read from a religious text.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

You could save up a dollar a week and have enough left over to buy extra character slots by the time this game launches.

And no one will really need to subscribe to enjoy the game. 

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I see the personal kingdom has having lots of room for expansion, if you so desire to invest into it. I also bet they will have way to increase how much space you have through in-game features, perhaps tied to campaign wins and other achievements. I see nothing wrong with being able to pay extra money to get more land / space and outfit the way you want to.

Payment model looks solid, and I think they will come up with solid future perks and things they can offer players. Hopefully we will get a "paper doll" setup for wardrobes, and perhaps you can pay a little extra to get a few more outfit slots. Perhaps some cool looking effects for your abilities, lots of cosmetic possibilities!

I have one question about trading VIP tickets in game.  Since the sub is paid monthly by those who purchase it, are the VIP vouchers/tickets only good for one month, or are they permanent? And if only good for a month, does the voucher end 30 days from when it was traded or from when it was originally granted?   Because trading for a one month VIP option seems a bit pointless.  With time being a factor in the campaigns, I can't see a real advantage with this, and it certainly isn't something I would feel compelled to go out and bargain with someone to get. (Will probably get a sub anyway--I just do things like that).  Seems like before you had time to get much use out of the voucher, you could be plopped into a completely new scenario and have to regroup everything.

The scheme sounds like Eve PLEX. Essentially, the VIP ticket is like a consumable. You can trade it or store it for future use. When you want to use it, you activate the item, it disappears, and you get your month of VIP starting from that point.

Think of it like a potion. When you drink the potion, that's when your month starts.

Just heard of this game, so I am wading through the threads playing catch up.  I'm a noob, so don't hate too much, I just may not have read 1 of the 1000's of threads on here.

B2P and price point is good.  I agree with the whole pricing model in general.

I have seen a few ppl with concerns that VIP and the ability to passively train all 3 characters is P2W.  I have not read enough to make my decision on it, but at first glance I don't see it as a problem.  I would think that the training is independent per character.  In essence I could train all 3 characters more quickly than someone not paying, but not any faster than someone could train a single character.

The one thing I'm skeptical about is being able to purchase a "VIP Ticket" (with real-world $15) and then turn around and sell that in game for gear/gold/resources from other players. It's not as direct as paying for gear/gold/resources from a micro-transaction shop, but the end result of paying to win is the same.

Personally I'm more worried about that than the passive training disparity.

Edited by kally

LJBXw4x.png