Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

02/12/15 - The Confessor, God History & Pricing Faq

Also about the hate towards people like me who don't like the real-life money influencing the game's economy. Think that I can buy a hat, sell it for gold, and buy a top sword with that gold. How did I earn the gold to buy that crafted masterpiece? I'll tell you, PAYING REAL LIFE MONEY (traded for ingame gold through a hat).

When they say effects game play, pretty sure they mean player character power wise. Meaning there is nothing that can make your character stronger or have a combat advantage over other players. Having more passive training slots or faster queue times doesn't qualify as game effecting items.

Exactly, they also have to come up with "meaningful" worth while perks for players to sub. What they have shown so far seems extremely fair, and really might even bit on the short end of the stick for 15/month imo.

My fear was not about a fire mage in a fantasy world don't be ridiculous. My fear is about getting the cliche dps fire mage instead a bit of innovation maybe?

Seeing as how we don't know a thing about these archetype beyond their names and their roles its bit much to say its cliche. Besides can say that about every class far, ones just a cliche tank class, ones just a cliche melee dps class. In other words not only are you judging a book by its cover but you judging the book when we haven't even seen the whole cover yet.

My concerns:

1.  How much for a lifetime subscription/pre-alpha crowd-funding package!  Hook me up!

2.  Allowing people to sell in-game cosmetic or subscription items is pay to win.

3.  Coding cosmetic and pay to win items takes away from dev time coding the actual game!!!

Edited by greendragon109

Considering they haven't shown a SINGLE spell in this game yet ... I don't even see how you can come to this conclusion. Confessor in SB was more in depth than a "fireball" slinger

Yep, its armor seems to be leather and not cloth or robes. So that alone could mean he's more than just a stand in the back chucking fireballs type.

My concerns:

1.  How much for a lifetime subscription/pre-alpha crowd-funding package!  Hook me up!

2.  Allowing people to sell in-game cosmetic or subscription items is pay to win.

3.  Coding cosmetic and pay to win items takes away from dev time coding the actual game!!!

1. Camelot Unchained is selling lifetime addon for 190$, we'll see if we get it or not.

2. yes.

3. people doing art, dont code.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

My concerns:

So let's use "Pink" dye as example here. Let's say a player purchases this dye to change the color of their armor to pink as a cosmetic change. 

Now I challenge you to explain to me how this is pay to win in any way? Isn't gonna help yo arse in a siege or a pvp skirmish .... help me understand your thought process here 

So let's use "Pink" dye as example here. Let's say a player purchases this dye to change the color of their armor to pink as a cosmetic change. 

Now I challenge you to explain to me how this is pay to win in any way? Isn't gonna help yo arse in a siege or a pvp skirmish .... help me understand your thought process here 

what if there is an area of the world where the environment is pink and everyone uses it for camoflage!

As excited as I am about all the info released today, I wish another class was revealed instead as we all guessed a Mage/Fire Mage class already.

Well sometimes the classic characters are the most fun to play. I have always found that fire related abilities are the more aesthetic and amusing : ignite, fireball, firestorm... Especially with snow all around or adark environment : it makes nice contrast.

what if there is an area of the world where the environment is pink and everyone uses it for camoflage!

If that's the case, I don't think this game will be for a good portion of the players here LOL ... on a serious note I have faith in these devs not to build us a pink world :P

Obviously Pink is a overpowering color and will make others not want to attack you if you armor is Pink, duh. :)

Cosmetic Shops suck suck suck suck suck so hard... You were telling me no pay 2 win but wtf isVIP passiv training? It's ***** p2w. Really, just make a proper pay2play and get rid of that crap.

This really reduces the interest because I don't think a proper RPG has any shop or any VIP stuff or whatever.

You are killing immersion, you are murdering it.  Just look at the polls...

Yay, cosmetic shop and some p2w... never though you are going to do that, never. Horrible.

You know, paying for passive training a chgaracter and having a bigger city is pay to win!

"Where do you got that nice cape from?" "Oh I killed that king last summer... wait, no, I bought it from the cosmetic shop" -.-

"Lets make a huge city, one that never get's taken over, one that's just epic..." -> please spend xxx $ to increase population -.-

Can you explain to me what is passive training, I haven't played any game yet featuring this.

If you spend real money to buy the pink dye, and you sell the dye to someone for in game money, then you can use that in game money to buy a top tier sword.

paid money for dye --> traded for money ---> used money to buy a high end crafted weapon

HECIfKy.jpg

Sugoi - Student Council President

I dont like the VIP Voucher thing. This messed up Archeage so much.  

You buy VIP Voucher (I'm thinking something like PLEX, CREDD, APEX, etc) for cash.

You sell VIP Voucher in game for gold (or other resource).

You take in game resource to buy gear.

Add in a decay system (for gear, maybe other things).

Repeat this.

Archeage did this and it caused a huge P2W/P2P/Whale thing. I argued it was a Pay to Progress but really, most of the players couldn't keep up with those that spent most of their paycheck on the game.

AA was a huge P2W because of labor points, not their APEX system. Selling APEX for gold to buy labor pots (which was the biggest block in the game) was what caused such mass hysteria. Plus, they added things in the cash shop with low probability rates for crazy good mounts, which is another P2W maneuver. Both of which are absent in this system Crowfall has set up.

Honestly, this is the best system I've seen in an MMO. I'm glad this is what they're using.