Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

02/12/15 - The Confessor, God History & Pricing Faq

That's a well thought system in my opinion. So basically today I decide to learn an ability and it takes let's say 8 houres to do so, I just put it in passive training overnight and when I wake up tomorrow, the skill is ready (or closer of being ready).

The only issue with this is I have trouble to sleep when things are running on my computer.  :P

Thank you for the answers!!!

Don't worry offline training advances the skill even if you are not logged in, so you don't have to keep your computer turned on! :D

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

The balance is that at some point theres a hard cap on gear you can get. Sure you might be able to get some gear a little faster by spending irl cash then sell the items but again others players can and will acquire gear just as fast using in game only methods.

Yeah, but in essence, that's Pay2Win. We might be looking at it wrong though. And that still doesn't solve how new players are going to come into a world with inflated prices. Just because there is a hard cap on gear, doesn't mean those prices just won't keep going up, actually it's a certain guarantee.

Yeah, but in essence, that's Pay2Win. We might be looking at it wrong though. And that still doesn't solve how new players are going to come into a world with inflated prices. Just because there is a hard cap on gear, doesn't mean those prices just won't keep going up, actually it's a certain guarantee.

inflation is gonna happen, no way around it

We're still early in development so there's a number of things we still need to do. However, Eric has started on the confessors models! 

I wonder if people would want to see his work in progress?

Yes please.  And don't make us wait on getting VIP subs!

rSHxVEY.gif

Suggestion : One thing I loved about GW2's cash shop was finishers. So I suggest adding finishers to the game similar to those. Something to the affect a player who is killed can  not release after death for 15 seconds or so or until a player does a finisher on them. Excellent way to add something to the cash shop that doesn't give a pay 2 win item and brings in money to fund the game! I am not suggesting using the "downed" system just adding finishers with cool affects to the end of a fight!

Edited by sarin

Ranged DPS ftw!  At least now there's one archetype that sounds like I can at least play it well enough to progress.

Thanks for the lore - can't wait until we get to the Hunger lore. (here are all my hunger lore questions  http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/2039-the-hunger-so-many-questions-wild-suppositionvague-references-included-free/)

As for pricing - love it.  Thanks for not going f2p.

Edited by Oridi

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

I like the pricing model. I think the issue, if there could be one for p2w, would be the passive training. However, since everyone can do it for at least one character, if you only focus on one character, you'll be able to keep up with someone who pays either way. So it only really affects people who like playing more than one character at once, which isn't really a requirement to enjoy the game. Sure, this might effect people who start playing later, but maybe not as much as you think? It depends on what you train and how quickly that works.

I don't think the selling of shop items would affect the gameplay of others though. They are cosmetic - and the gold you receive would come from players who earned it in game.

The lore is awesome! I'm not really feeling the confessors myself though.

Economy in games is usually a big thing, and when the game is focused around player-economy, it becomes a bigger deal. I actually have no issue with the passive training, eh, 15 bucks a month, you get to have all 3 toons on it. Everyone already gets one, and if it's their main character, that's all they'll want to play/train anyway. 

It's how, if at all, the economy will be affected by all the whales at launch, and then in the coming weeks after launch. Either huge inflation, or a huge recession. Or both. Adding the ability to trade cosmetics, let alone VP services, and whatever else they may include is very dangerous for an player-based economy.

well its a huge + that u are free of sub as soon as u buy the game.... and if u want the something extra then subscribe for a month to see how is going( well if the game is good i wouldn't mind paying the fee cause i would luv to support the devs ) but u know with the current situation of the world and people loosing money as we are in luxury to afford and play it or even pay a monthly sub its good to know that u can still play it if u are short on money ...  reminds me something of Swtr and GW2 combined together which good 

the story at the start remind it me with the creation of middle earth :D  when the Eru sang to create it :) but the dragon touch is rly nice :) i look forward reading more about the lore

Edited by nin9s

Still not pay 2 win, because a player who doesn't go that route can still buy the same sword just by making gold though in game methods. Its only pay 2 win if they ONLY way to get that sword is to spend irl cash.

You are close, but not exactly there.

Its also a matter of game-time to cash balance.

Example: I could have the option to buy a sword for 5 euro and 5000 of in-game currency. 

Now lets say that one day of farming, using the best means to do so, gives you around 100 of that currency.

You need either 5 euro or 50 days of farming. That's a bad balance of time to euro.

In this case the path is there, but the path is not a valid option.

Edited by satyros

As for pricing, first let me tell you as someone who tends to go for the subscription, I'm a fan that VIP membership does NOT affect game balance, thank you for that.  Pay to Win would have been a dealbreaker for me and I'm sure countless others.  It's one major reason I stayed away from ArcheAge.  I also like that I can buy more character slots when the itch to try something new happens, though three is ideal.  Your pricing model, basically, is the best sort I can think of in a modern MMO.

I also think they've found just the perfect balance. People who want to pay once and enjoy the game will be able to do that, and those who want to spend a little more for cosmetics, additional character slots and ingame discounts will also be happy.

Can someone explain the purpose of Passive Training? What all does this entail, or what did it entail on EVE since they related the similarities. 

Earlier in the forum, someone mentioned training skills?

Thanks in advance. 

Throw me to the Wolves

and I will return leading the Pack.

Economy in games is usually a big thing, and when the game is focused around player-economy, it becomes a bigger deal. I actually have no issue with the passive training, eh, 15 bucks a month, you get to have all 3 toons on it. Everyone already gets one, and if it's their main character, that's all they'll want to play/train anyway. 

It's how, if at all, the economy will be affected by all the whales at launch, and then in the coming weeks after launch. Either huge inflation, or a huge recession. Or both. Adding the ability to trade cosmetics, let alone VP services, and whatever else they may include is very dangerous for an player-based economy.

So making all shop items bind on account would fix any issues correct? I wouldn't have a problem with that. Gives players who want and have the money to spend on cosmetic stuff the option without affecting the economy. 

In the end, we all have to understand they need to "fund" this game one way or the other. Players who can toss out money to make up for those who can't or don't want to is beneficial for the all around health of the game in the long run. 

Edited by sarin

What have you won though? A player who doesn't spend a cent in the cash shop can acquire the same exact gear. 

Pay 2 win means the ONLY way to acquire items ie power is by paying irl cash.

Besides I think you're forgetting the real equalizer here. Player loot. Yeah some dude got a shinny sword faster them me cause he used the irl cash way, but guess what i grab a few guildies, gank him and grab that shiny sword.

Edited by pang

3. What do I get for buying the game?

You get a digital copy of the game and one active game account, which you can use to connect to the live game service.

Each game account allows for three characters, and one “passive training” slot that you can use to train one of your characters – even when you are offline.

So I assume we'll have to purchase the second and third character slots?

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty