Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Live with Jon O'Neal - Official Discussion Thread

It's Two-fer Tuesday! Creative Director J. Todd Coleman will be joining O'Neal. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

I didn't get to watch the video, so maybe it was addressed. In reference to this line from the article:

Able to be crafted using harvestable materials in-game, this massive building will be available to place in your Eternal Kingdom.

We will be able to place buildings/castles in the non-faction campaigns as well, right?

EDIT: Thanks Tinnis for this clip. :)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/243494671?t=18m33s

Edited by Svenn

Guild Leader of Seeds of War

17 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

That was truly awesome.  

EK "Lego" looks like it is really shaping up.  Whole other class of player audience to appeal to right there.

Thanks Krakken!!

Means a lot. We are so passionate about this project that when we finally get to show certain things we've been working on off, and you like it. Makes my day!.

Jon O'Neal, Lead Environment Artist, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

4 minutes ago, jonnycab said:

Thanks Krakken!!

Means a lot. We are so passionate about this project that when we finally get to show certain things we've been working on off, and you like it. Makes my day!.

All those wonderful high places with narrow ledges. We are going to need more "push" powers to throw people/teammates to their deaths. :rolleyes:

42 minutes ago, Svenn said:

I didn't get to watch the video, so maybe it was addressed. In reference to this line from the article:

We will be able to place buildings/castles in the non-faction campaigns as well, right?

EDIT: Thanks Tinnis for this clip. :)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/243494671?t=18m33s

Hi! Are you the Svenn from HEX? iirc your avatar looks familiar :-)

Looks very good, nice progress !!!

Can you show a town or a city next time and explain the functions of different areas/districts there ?

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

Just now, Svenn said:

Yeap! That's me. ;)

Cool! I was Lannisterland in HEX, have not played HEX for ages though ... well, I was never any good or hardcore there to be honest :-) ... bought the early access for Crowfall a couple of days ago ... hope to like it!

1 hour ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

All those wonderful high places with narrow ledges. We are going to need more "push" powers to throw people/teammates to their deaths. :rolleyes:

i am already missing scatter horde looking at the canyon scaffolding... :P

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

1 minute ago, Tinnis said:

i am already missing scatter horde looking at the canyon scaffolding... :P

I can already imagine the equivalent [Alt- F4] games you can play.

Ok, let's just go up on this walkway. It's where we practice moves so you can see how far the effects go.  All right, now just stand here and face me, and then use that RMB (dodge) effect to see your defensive stance and....

Wilhelm scream.....

With the decoration packs:

What about mixing various themed bits for EKs. E.G. using say the "Order" themed roof with "Balance" Ivy and "chaos" braziers with "crow" roof edge gargoyles by just having a building customization interface that splits certain elements out in to layers. Get a lot more mileage for the same art budget that way. Or, as Todd would say, more juice from the same squeeze.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

1 hour ago, PopeUrban said:

With the decoration packs:

What about mixing various themed bits for EKs. E.G. using say the "Order" themed roof with "Balance" Ivy and "chaos" braziers with "crow" roof edge gargoyles by just having a building customization interface that splits certain elements out in to layers. Get a lot more mileage for the same art budget that way. Or, as Todd would say, more juice from the same squeeze.

I was thinking the same thing.

Maybe it would be easier to do it through the adventure parcels layers, implementing the same idea to each of the different building modules.

Overall, I like what I see

Edited by Thevo