Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Live with Jon O'Neal - Official Discussion Thread

15 hours ago, ACE_Jackal said:

The video has now been posted on YouTube, and this news post has been updated.

Jon was great. It made me sad you hated on Blair's shirts because that was the best thing about the live streams lately. His shirts are beautiful and so is he.

You should allow another Tier of Vendors that also includes a crafting station in addition to the Vendor. Maybe parallel progression to Vendors that are Better at Being a Vendor than the poorly made socksty T1 Vendors. I dunno. It sounds like you acknowledged it was something you should do, but then asked someone else to convince you it was the right thing to do.

Also: You brought up concerns regarding VIP or Cash Shop items being Pay to Win, but that's not even the biggest source of Pay To Win. The real source of Pay To Win is VIP Tokens. If I can take an arbitrary amount of US dollars and Convert it through TOS legal and heaven forbid ingame means to Gold (by buying VIP tokens and trading them to players), and if I can buy virtually anything I want with enough gold, it means that if I have infinite US dollars, I have get whatever I want, regardless of how much or how well I actually play the game.

Also Also: you brought up attachments to houses and breakfast nooks, but what I really want to know if I can get stairs in my house

Edited by Hi.
I forgot to explain my edit in the previous edit. this edit is just to add the fact that I added more about the Pay To Win part of the stream in my post, and that's the reason I edited last time. This time I'm just editing to clarify

Really love these building streams, more please! Very impressive designs and aesthetically pleasing to boot. Getting more immersed everyday :)

I caught that there are technical difficulties for underground systems and while I do enjoy the cave structures I feel like castle ruins could inevitably serve as a good place to spawn hordes of NPCs... Aologies if I skimmed any part of the stream that mentioned this, will hopefully get a full free hour this weekend to watch the stream in its entirety.

On 3/28/2018 at 2:50 AM, Hi. said:

Also: You brought up concerns regarding VIP or Cash Shop items being Pay to Win, but that's not even the biggest source of Pay To Win. The real source of Pay To Win is VIP Tokens. If I can take an arbitrary amount of US dollars and Convert it through TOS legal and heaven forbid ingame means to Gold (by buying VIP tokens and trading them to players), and if I can buy virtually anything I want with enough gold, it means that if I have infinite US dollars, I have get whatever I want, regardless of how much or how well I actually play the game.

One key aspect here is everything you buy from other players has to be hand collected and built with in game time.  Then they have to decide if your gold is worth trading that in game time they labored on for.  So there is a very finite limit on how far your cash for in game gold will get you.  So while that money does help you, it's still limited by what the player base can make and is willing to sell you.  Definitely not virtually anything.

5 hours ago, rivoth said:

One key aspect here is everything you buy from other players has to be hand collected and built with in game time.  Then they have to decide if your gold is worth trading that in game time they labored on for.  So there is a very finite limit on how far your cash for in game gold will get you.  So while that money does help you, it's still limited by what the player base can make and is willing to sell you.  Definitely not virtually anything.

That's true. The potential fact (was it confirmed? I can't remember) that you can't take tokens into campaign worlds also limits the impact, unless people do trust trades. (I give you 50 VIP tokens, you sub my guild and let us win the campaign). 

Honestly I think the token situation is lose lose. You either don't have them, and then you drive people to gold farmers, and you have to pay for CS staff to police your own players, and you do nothing but lose money. Or you have them, and you have to design around the to keep people from swiping their way through progression or to victory. But people will anyway, so you gotta decide if you're gonna let it happen, or put some exchanges (buying stuff in campaigns) off limits to token trades.

I really liked the look of the world edge.  It's a little detail, but really helps to place the game in a larger context.  I wouldn't mind seeing the cliff edge even more distressed with ragged cracks.

rSHxVEY.gif

The Castle looks great. I assume this is the large version cause I can't even imagine what it would look like if this is the small castle.

I am wondering how this affects the 3 different sizes of castles. Can a small castle be made into the same thing as a medium or large castle or will there still be 3 distinct types of castles?