Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

Shadowbane and Wizard101: odd bedfellows

Nah you guys don't even understand and I think that is sad in itself. I'm no wimpy Wizard and nor do I have a sheep mentality where subjugation reigns supreme.

The "have's" and "have's not" game is strictly for people with extreme personality problems. Sorry ... just saying.

288mqgz.png

Except this guy started the thread and his post seems to disagree with you.

You sir, are at the wrong lip of the Shadowbane bell curve. You and your kind are toxic, and I would rather play with a my little pony online vet than you or any one of your cohorts.

77bd026d-3a5a-4471-9742-bfe9bc9f312f_zps

bringing these two communities together has the potential to produce some comedy gold. i'm all for it, but i'm kind of an unpleasant person.

You'll fit right in :)

Nah you guys don't even understand and I think that is sad in itself. I'm no wimpy Wizard and nor do I have a sheep mentality where subjugation reigns supreme.

The "have's" and "have's not" game is strictly for people with extreme personality problems. Sorry ... just saying.

You continue giving them the time of day, and then turned into an armchair psychologist.

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

Listen, I play wizards, but you guys are all kidding yourselves if you can't see it is a game meant for kids under 11. Do I know a ton of people over that age? Sure, my problem is the ones that generally can't admit that to themselves and try to act bigger and more intelligent than they are. Are the shadowbane players that smart, hell if I know but they seem to show passion and have ambition. Half this community from wizards actually came from pirates, and about 3/4 of the current Pirate101 community came up out of nowhere after its announcement. I merely provide a reality check. Think about the game this is, it ISN'T WIZARD101. Personally I don't know what it is (we all don't) but it seems like a more traditional adult related MMO. I have seen some Wizard players that have a natural appeal to it, play it occassionaly but know its a guilty pleassure. Then there are some people who already made a knockoff of Central, the Wiki, podcasts and everything else and don't even know if its 2D or 3D. Both sides of this conflict I feel are here for the wrong reasons. Shadowbane players seem to think this is Shadowbane 2.0 after all these years (it's not) and Wizard101 players came because they think its another "101" game because J Todd Coleman made it. Artcraft have their own vision and people need to see that and develop a natural blended community that fits the game not try and copy+paste over your shadowbane or W101 communities. Its a new game, so treat it like one. And just get along, I just stated, you guys are clearly not going to reason with the shadowbane players so you will need to stop being all talk and prove your tough in game (which again is months away from beta alone)

You make alot of sense in your posts and I strongly agree.   I believe the W101 community is somewhat disappointed and yes, hurt, that perhaps THIS is not what they envisioned from J Todd.   You can not say enough times THIS IS NOT WIZZY WORLD, but there will be some that will hold on to the hope they can turn it into one.  And they will be the ones with the burned houses with all their stuff being looted.  And they will return back to the spiral where they are "safe".  No harm done.  I never thought J Todd would produce  a product that would compete w/ W101  and I am sure he hasn't.  That being said at least here we will no longer hear " I need a girl"  being chanted over and over ad nauseum.  Not sure what these sb'ers NEED but I am sure they would just take it!  I kinda like them, they have personality and obviously skill.  And they are entertaining.  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

You make alot of sense in your posts and I strongly agree.   I believe the W101 community is somewhat disappointed and yes, hurt, that perhaps THIS is not what they envisioned from J Todd.   You can not say enough times THIS IS NOT WIZZY WORLD, but there will be some that will hold on to the hope they can turn it into one.  And they will be the ones with the burned houses with all their stuff being looted.  And they will return back to the spiral where they are "safe".  No harm done.  I never thought J Todd would produce  a product that would compete w/ W101  and I am sure he hasn't.  That being said at least here we will no longer hear " I need a girl"  being chanted over and over ad nauseum.  Not sure what these sb'ers NEED but I am sure they would just take it!  I kinda like them, they have personality and obviously skill.  And they are entertaining.  

Blood and tears, that's all we need.  Blood and tears.

And larger signatures, and a toggle for the profanity filter.

And smooshy faced cats.

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

You sir, are at the wrong lip of the Shadowbane bell curve. You and your kind are toxic, and I would rather play with a my little pony online vet than you or any one of your cohorts.

I'm sure you can sub to WM if you ask real nicely.

The integral sec y dy from zero to one-sixth of pi is log to base e of the square root of three times the sixty-fourth power of i = Astrophysics Black Guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirohito

rmtUNI0.png

Wah wah! Whine more little boi  B)

Waste Management

Ventrilo info: Carbon.typefrag.com 8165 pw Tootdat

bringing these two communities together has the potential to produce some comedy gold. i'm all for it, but i'm kind of an a-hole

This thread is comedy gold !

No of course not. Wizard101 is nothing like Shadowbane so why would I have experience with that? 

But thats what trying new things out is for. Just because I am not as experienced as you "people" doesn't mean I cannot learn and start out like ALL of you did. Remember when you signed up for Shadowbane for the first time? You guys weren't born Shadowbane or video game gods.  :rolleyes:

Also this chat is not bothering me at all, I am actually having fun and amused reading the responses. So some of your are doing a horrible job at "scaring" away the Wizard101 players.  ;)

But I digress, this is turning out to be very fun and the game isn't even out yet.  :lol:

Hope you do stick it out and like the game however experience from when Shadowbane started tells me that probably 80% or greater of the Wizardy folks posting here now will not be after 3 months of actually playing in a game similar to SB's pvp ruleset. When I started you could keep track of time by how often the leveling groups of the Carebear guild I was in got rolled (every 10 mins). Most of those guys that started when I did left the game within 3 months and it followed this pattern: Get rolled all day long to the point you were lucky to get 2 levels in a day in a game that had the fastest leveling curve in existence, complain on the boards about getting "griefed", get laughed at by the Pker's on the board (QQ more Newb!), /ragequit. What you are seeing from the SB players on this forum atm is tame to what was done on the Ubisoft Shadowbane forums.

I need some intellectual stimulation apart from "oooh I'm gonna do this to you or that to you" or "bow to my supremacy". Lol

Sorry but it's simply too childish.

I've played pure PvP games for many years and I'm totally used to smack talk so I'm not squeamish. Just that it's soooo ... well so yesterday.

It's fine I get what you guys are up to and it's a form of entertainment for sure but just saying it's all looking a little too outdated and jaded.

288mqgz.png