Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

Shadowbane and Wizard101: odd bedfellows

just type /who and find a player to try and talk to. the population on magicbane is a little low, but if you've played a mmo before, you can get to 10 relatively easy and prob beyond that and more.

http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/index.php/Main_Page

A wiki if you need help.

http://magicbane.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2906

Doesn't help you so much to create a toon, but will help you after you finish character creation.

I'm happy this subject was broached by Ashen.

Regarding a fledgling community with contrasting backgrounds:

The reality is that forumbane (Shadowbane attitude relegated to a message board) can literally kill this entire game for a poorly made socks ton of people. Unless SB'ers stfu and remember their humanity and maybe even sneak into grandma's cupboard and take a couple shots of humility, we're bound to turn this into another toxic mess. Embrace carebears, crafters, economists, politicians, misfits, warriors and weirdos... or else.

Regarding in-game relationships:

custard it. Do whatever you want to whomever you want.

I have seen a few posts by some of the "Wizardry" folks that say they never played or never got a chance to play Shadowbane but are intrigued. Well I have some news for you: If you want to experience in some small way what the Shadowbane vets are talking about there is two emulators out there you can try out.

1. SBEmu: http://shadowbaneemulator.com/

2. Magicbane: http://www.magicbane.com/

Right now Magicbane is more faithful to what Shadowbane was, but both have downloads of the original came client so that you can try them out and see what the SB player base is talking about.

Oh sweet Jesus. Why would you do that? Wizard people are going to take one look at those boards and either puke or cower in fear.

It's like the first time I fired up TOR and took a look at what the "real" world was up to.

From the SB side of the community, this post is spot on.  We may seem elitist to other communitys and extremely aggressive, but that is just the style of game we are used to - kill or be killed. 

HfLOYLH.png

I'm happy this subject was broached by Ashen.

Regarding a fledgling community with contrasting backgrounds:

The reality is that forumbane (Shadowbane attitude relegated to a message board) can literally kill this entire game for a **** ton of people. Unless SB'ers stfu and remember their humanity and maybe even sneak into grandma's cupboard and take a couple shots of humility, we're bound to turn this into another toxic mess. Embrace carebears, crafters, economists, politicians, misfits, warriors and weirdos... or else.

Regarding in-game relationships:

**** it. Do whatever you want to whomever you want.

I don't understand.

The integral sec y dy from zero to one-sixth of pi is log to base e of the square root of three times the sixty-fourth power of i = Astrophysics Black Guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirohito

rmtUNI0.png

mostly this is kind of a hogwash, non-issue.

as a wizard player: i'm sure some wizard folks will not be interested in this, but there are plenty of others who focused exclusively on pvp...and came from pvp backgrounds that covered a huge range of games...so i see any conflict between game communities as kind of surface level, irrelevant stuff. 

the point being: conflict is good. smack talk: good. people from both games will be liking that, so the "this game/that game" divide is kind of a non-issue that shadowbane players are fabricating because, i don't know, it makes them feel good? you tell me. 

my sense is that only those wizard players who have exclusively played that game, and not others, may bail...but that's just a normal part of the process when a game like this is starting up. ebb and flow of players, personalities is to be expected. so again, this is all normal...it's a new game, so communities will collide, change...no reason wizard players won't be up for that. and again, most of them will actually enjoy the conflicts.

i'm ready to stop the noise on forums hogwash and just play the game, looking forward to it. 

I think there can be a somewhat happy medium. sb'ers just need to calm down and save it for beta. for in the game beta.

I still don't understand how a forums can deter someone from playing a game. Ban me from it for all I care. I'll still play the game.

I don't understand how people get hurt feelings over the internet from a person they don't know and who doesn't know them.  That just screams weakness to me.  When I was in the military if somebody didn't try to insult me I knew we weren't friends.

The integral sec y dy from zero to one-sixth of pi is log to base e of the square root of three times the sixty-fourth power of i = Astrophysics Black Guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirohito

rmtUNI0.png

I don't understand how people get hurt feelings over the internet from a person they don't know and who doesn't know them.  That just screams weakness to me.  When I was in the military if somebody didn't try to insult me I knew we weren't friends.

^ Truth, You can't talk to your civilian friends like you do/did your military/vet friends.

got fired from a job for talking to employees as if they were my military counterparts. I didn't chew that ass or anything, but just "too open and blunt"

Just wait until players come up with scams and start ripping people off for their hard earned pixels.

Half up front lawl :o

I'm kind of excited to have Wizard 101 players here. They will provide free farming to all of us.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg