Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

Shadowbane and Wizard101: odd bedfellows

It seems that the KI (composed of W101/P101) and Shadowbane communities are at odds; However, once we can get over our differences, the true nature of a community uniting over a single game can truly take hold.

I'll use the example of my D&D table: When we came together, I had been used to playing Wizard101 and Pirate101. My skills and thought processes were totally different than that of the monk and the DM, who play Dota 2, and the fighter/archer who prefers first-person shooters. However, when we united over one game, we didn't let our origins separate us. Sure, we had a lot of differences in ethic and strategy, but we embraced those to strengthen our game and strengthen ourselves.

As players here in the Crowfall community, we can follow this kind of lead. We need not use our experiences and mindsets to separate one another, but in fact, we can use those to form a vast network of diverse skills and ideas. In the word community, there is unity. 

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."

-Nelson Mandela

There will be no finding our way together. Were gonna burn all your stuff, take all your loot and that'll be that.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I think the most interesting thing about the SB playerbase was how much of the "game" we decided to play on the forums.  All of the politics, mud slinging, alliance forming, blame, smear campaigns, reputation rebuilds that we spent hours typing up on the forum shaped how the in game battles played out.

I don't think SB players are asshats and I absolutely agree that the "forum persona" is different than who people really are.  I know I posted COMPLETELY different on the Political forums (this was an extension of the game) than I did as a class advocate on the class forums.  One I was an awful troll and the others I was a helpful advocate/moderator.

There is so much potential here and the initial messages from Todd have all of the MMO PvP niche players pretty damn excited.

tldr: SB players will only beat you up and steal your things in game and on political forums where we don't believe in rules, everywhere else we are nice guys.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

There will be no finding our way together. Were gonna burn all your stuff, take all your loot and that'll be that.

Mmmmm I can already taste the tears...

The integral sec y dy from zero to one-sixth of pi is log to base e of the square root of three times the sixty-fourth power of i = Astrophysics Black Guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirohito

rmtUNI0.png

It seems that the KI (composed of W101/P101) and Shadowbane communities are at odds; However, once we can get over our differences, the true nature of a community uniting over a single game can truly take hold.

I'll use the example of my D&D table: When we came together, I had been used to playing Wizard101 and Pirate101. My skills and thought processes were totally different than that of the monk and the DM, who play Dota 2, and the fighter/archer who prefers first-person shooters. However, when we united over one game, we didn't let our origins separate us. Sure, we had a lot of differences in ethic and strategy, but we embraced those to strengthen our game and strengthen ourselves.

As players here in the Crowfall community, we can follow this kind of lead. We need not use our experiences and mindsets to separate one another, but in fact, we can use those to form a vast network of diverse skills and ideas. In the word community, there is unity. 

i agree with this, but also don't think there is much real division going on. a few shadowbane players are talking smack, just for fun. nothing wrong with that. wizard players are just shrugging, not impacted by it. it's just usual forum stuff, where a few people are making noise, but not really representing anyone else, so it's something that happens, then goes away. i think once the game is out, it'll play out exactly like you're suggesting, people will mesh with the new system, create new dynamics that work within the context of of the game. 

You'll be the one crying when I am on the throne and calling for your execution :D

Says the guy who choked on a grape.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

And in other news, while the wizard and shadowbane communities focus on each other, the rest of the CROWFALL community laughs and says let them fight amongst each other whilst we discuss the game, tactics, and everything that really matters. Find old friends. Make new ones. Create a game we can enjoy. Lol. Its the quiet ones you gotta look out for. Sometimes they are the smart ones. I for one am going to back out of this sb vs 101 battle for now and join them.

I'm not a Stark, I'm not the good guy of the story.  I'm the guy who salts your lands, steals your cattle and sells your women. 

You seem like a skilled PvP player (based on your other posts) who may eventually be of use to me...

Says the guy who choked on a grape.

We do not talk about this. (I made Joffrey my name because I eventually plan on making a Lannisters Clan upon the games release)

And in other news, while the wizard and shadowbane communities focus on each other, the rest of the CROWFALL community laughs and says let them fight amongst each other whilst we discuss the game, tactics, and everything that really matters. Find old friends. Make new ones. Create a game we can enjoy. Lol. Its the quiet ones you gotta look out for. Sometimes they are the smart ones. I for one am going to back out of this sb vs 101 battle for now and join them.

You underestimate SB players. 

As soon as details are released we will be theorybaning PvP spec groups to maximize unbalanced game mechanics to exploit advantages as much as possible all while flaming you on the in game political forums.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

Played SB waay back on live.  When it closed, I wandered the barren wastelands looking for a suitable substitute.  My grandson wanted me to play Wizard with him, so I did some research and when I learned it was created by the same people as SB, I joined him.  Wizard did not fill the void.  

My impression was that wizard was populated by very young kids.  Of course, SB was once also.  SB kids have grown up a lot since then(age wise anyway.

I thought my prayers were finally answered when EMU started up. Sad disappointment. Then Magicbane came along. It has the feel of old SB, just not enough population to make the experience as real as the old days.

Seeing how diverse all the games you people have been a part of are, I look forward to seeing what you come up with here.

As far as SB and Wizzies getting along, shouldnt be a problem, we always need cannon fodder.

I appreciate your honesty.  I would expect nothing less.  I can  assure you though there will be those of us that try like hell to keep that from being the end result.  Let the games begin....... I definitely am NOT in the spiral any longer!!!!!

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"