Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How come store mounts are so expensive ?

Parciel

Hello,

I haven't been on for quite a while due to some personal reasons and recently got back and was checking up on crowfall, i've noticed that the store mounts are goddamn expensive why ?

30€ for 1 mount, if you want a couple of them it's almost 100€ or more ? come on serious ?

I've pledged goddamn sapphire buying couple of mounts will be almost 1/4 of that pledge ...

So how come everything is still so expensive ?

Thanks

9kvwKZN.png

The pricing on them does seem a little bit up there, but I believe most of the cash shop mounts are being sold as vanity / cosmetic items. If I had to guess, it's likely at the most they will have the same statistics as player-made mounts but look different. Heck, ideally they'd just be skins you could apply to any mount over a particular tier or whatever. I suspect much like most of the things being sold as piecemeal items, they're not entirely sure what form they will take in the final game. (Which is probably why they seem to be starting to move away from it)

Assuming they are just a vanity item without a significant ingame advantage they seem priced pretty appropriately. If anything, they're priced too low. WoW vanity mounts are $25, while non-combat pets are $10. I don't think that's very far off from other games. GW2's 'mount loot boxes' that got them so much blowback were $5, for example.

1 hour ago, Hi. said:

The pricing on them does seem a little bit up there, but I believe most of the cash shop mounts are being sold as vanity / cosmetic items. If I had to guess, it's likely at the most they will have the same statistics as player-made mounts but look different. Heck, ideally they'd just be skins you could apply to any mount over a particular tier or whatever. I suspect much like most of the things being sold as piecemeal items, they're not entirely sure what form they will take in the final game. (Which is probably why they seem to be starting to move away from it)

Assuming they are just a vanity item without a significant ingame advantage they seem priced pretty appropriately. If anything, they're priced too low. WoW vanity mounts are $25, while non-combat pets are $10. I don't think that's very far off from other games. GW2's 'mount loot boxes' that got them so much blowback were $5, for example.

Pretty sure they are skins you apply to any player crafted mount.

Otherwise it would 

1. Break the economy model of everything being player made.
  2. Break the economy model of everything having decay/death.
  3. Be something that could be taken by other players in worlds with full loot rules.

So yea, it's a cosmetic skin.

1 hour ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Pretty sure they are skins you apply to any player crafted mount.

Otherwise it would 

1. Break the economy model of everything being player made.
  2. Break the economy model of everything having decay/death.
  3. Be something that could be taken by other players in worlds with full loot rules.

So yea, it's a cosmetic skin.

Actually, I went back and looked at the store description, and it does list it as an item:

The WARHORSE is an exclusive mount skin available only to those backers who sign up during the calendar year of 2016.  It can be used in-game to change the cosmetic appearance of your mount.  Purchase of this skin also includes one mount figurine that can be used to magically summon a mount of this type.

Though how that will actually play out in game is hard to determine.

5 hours ago, ayurox said:

Hello,

I haven't been on for quite a while due to some personal reasons and recently got back and was checking up on crowfall, i've noticed that the store mounts are goddamn expensive why ?

30€ for 1 mount, if you want a couple of them it's almost 100€ or more ? come on serious ?

I've pledged goddamn sapphire buying couple of mounts will be almost 1/4 of that pledge ...

Thanks

Because there are buyers who will pay it. Don't they teach that poorly made socks in school?

1 hour ago, Hi. said:

Actually, I went back and looked at the store description, and it does list it as an item:

The WARHORSE is an exclusive mount skin available only to those backers who sign up during the calendar year of 2016.  It can be used in-game to change the cosmetic appearance of your mount.  Purchase of this skin also includes one mount figurine that can be used to magically summon a mount of this type.

Looks like it's both, but my guess is that figurine is a one time item, while the skin is the permanent part of the benifit.

You should know they reserve the right to redesign any backer rewards to match whatever the game actually turns into, just like they did with character slots. 

What they would give will be at least equal, but could even be better.  

I am sure there will be ways to get mounts in the campaigns.  If you want a cool looking skin, ya gonna have to pay.  The functionality will be the same.  This is just one way they can make $$.  I am a sucker to feel unique.  They already got quite a bit of my welfare check....... I am sure they will get more the first of next month too....

1 hour ago, Hi. said:

Not sure if its just a skin, the pigs seem to have a summon-able animal   "Purchase of this skin includes one creature figurine that can be used to magically summon a pack animal of this type".

Also, I wonder if there is a difference in 2015 Nightmare mount and the regular Nightmare mount

I have heard that these items can be looted.  that would suck.

"

MERCHANT PACK PIG

Merchant Pack Pig Mount is a caravan creature skin that can be used in-game to change the cosmetic appearance of your pack animal or beast of burden. The MERCHANT PACK PIG has more carrying capacity than a regular PACK PIG. Purchase of this skin includes one creature figurine that can be used to magically summon a pack animal of this type."

QUARTERHORSE

The QUARTERHORSE is an exclusive mount skin available to all backers. It can be used in-game to change the cosmetic appearance of your mount.

2015 NIGHTMARE

Nightmare Mount

NIGHTMARE

The NIGHTMARE is an exclusive mount skin available only to all backers. It can be used in-game to change the cosmetic appearance of your mount.

https://crowfall.com/en/store/

It specifically says "skins".  I think in order to use these, you have to have the base animal in game ie campaign world.  Maybe in an ek it will be a summons able mount to ride on...

8 hours ago, ayurox said:

You can't compare those. Well, you can - but it won't make any sense. The content value of the kickstarter bundles was hilariously high - because they needed the money to start the development they had to make very good offers. 

As for the discussion about mounts, i am wondering why there is still so much confusion. The basics are pretty clear and there is even a whole Mount FAQ on the website.

The buyable mounts provide a mount figurine and a unique skin. Other than normal mounts, figurines can be use multiple times to summon the mount. If the mount dies, there'll be a cooldown time after which you can summon the mount again. But during this procedure the figurine will get damage. And after some times it will be destroyed. You will then still (and indefinitely) have the unique skin, which you can apply onto other mounts of the same type. 

The benefit of mounts is there ability to figh (defend themselves for example) and the additional inventory slots on this mount, which you can use.

As far as I remember, the last plan i hear about mounts (which of course is subject to changes) was that they can be used in the campaigns. It's not pay to win, it's risk-management. Because they can die and their inventory can be looted and the figurines can also be looted out of your inventory. So if you carry your precious figurine into a campaign you might loose it. You will then still have the unique skin, but the figurine will be gone.

So basically, when buying a mount, we buy the unique skin. We also get one figurine to summon a mount with this skin - more or less as a bonus, because this figurine is not forever. 

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg
EU-Support-Guild
Join - Discord Channel 

On 3/29/2018 at 11:03 AM, KrakkenSmacken said:

Looks like it's both, but my guess is that figurine is a one time item, while the skin is the permanent part of the benifit.

Doho. I can actually answer this one! :D

This is mostly accurate, according to the last information they released on the subject. The figurines aren't one-time use, but they will decay, just like everything else in the game. However, the cosmetic skin will be permanent, even after the consumable has vanished forever.

As for exactly how good the mounts summoned by those figurines will be? I don't know that they ever specified, but it seems like a safe bet that they will be better than a starting mount and worse than a top-tier crafted one, though depending on how mounts end up working once they're actually implemented and how many uses the figurines are good for, I might be okay with the old mounts that can never be purchased again being as good or better than the best player-made mounts. After all, even if you can get a horse that's 10% faster than the fastest horse around, if you can only get it 5 times and can't just buy a replacement in the release-day cash shop, that's both pretty awesome and also not game-breaking. Also valuable. I want the founder-tier poorly made socks to have some value after the game launches, and to have memorable effects that make people want them, even if they aren't POWERFUL effects.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.