Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Necromancy Updates - Official Discussion Thread

The necromancy system is the most interesting crafting profession in the game. While the system itself doesn't do anything revolutionary; the entire package comes together very well. If Crowfall was a room than Necormancy would be the rug that ties it all together.

Edited by Zatch

From this article, I see that creating a higher quality vassal, will give more stats, plus let you level faster.  How much better are the higher quality, will it be a game breaker, having a purple vassals player, killing groups of new players who have white vassals. 

From the article, I also took that you can have multiple vassals in one campaign, if this is correct, could you have a vassal in balance and another in Chaos? I am guessing not, but this would resolve the issue of playing in a campaign as balance and the rest of your guild joins chaos.

1 minute ago, Gradishar said:

Necromancy is most certainly in for 5.5....

9jDRIQz.png

Wow green looks way better than white.  Wonder how much better blue and purple are

23 minutes ago, Devonic said:

From this article, I see that creating a higher quality vassal, will give more stats, plus let you level faster.

Slower leveling actually. From the article (emphasis mine):

The cost for all these benefits is not free, however. Higher quality vessels are harder to obtain and require more Sacrifice XP to gain vessel levels.

As for balance, it's always changing. This is the first pass at usable vessels, I'm sure they'll adjust the high quality vessel advantages depending on feedback.

Love that it's shaping up, and that vessels don't seem to have the normal decay.  Makes them more personal.

I wonder how vessel import/export will work. 

• Can I pull my uber vessel I've been using back to my EK at the end of a campaign, or are we limited to parts and uninhabited vessels?
  • Is that a prize option for winning, export of the currently inhabited vessel and all it carries?
  • Will there be a graveyard parcel for EK's, or are all EK vessel's white by nature and require imported parts to upgrade?

Sooo many questions/options for EK/Campaign interaction with these things.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Doubt there will be a graveyard in EK's and if there is, it will not give you anything that is beyond basic.

also I think you can have so many vassals and they can be transferred, as they will be locked in the campaign till it is done.  

The hard part will be do you restart levelling your favourite class or make a different class with the new vassal or is it something you apply to an existing vassal?

I am curious why the bottom tier of vessels is White (Common) rather than Grey (Poor) like everything else in game. It would seem to make sense that the lowest quality vessel that you can get for free would be Grey (Poor).

Is there a particular reason for skipping over Grey (Poor) quality for Necromancy?

Comparing this base vessel to a crafted green vessel, the difference is so profound that it would seem to me the base vessel would be best described as Grey (Poor).

NWSPLWZ.png

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

1 hour ago, Devonic said:

From this article, I see that creating a higher quality vassal, will give more stats, plus let you level faster.  How much better are the higher quality, will it be a game breaker, having a purple vassals player, killing groups of new players who have white vassals. 

From the article, I also took that you can have multiple vassals in one campaign, if this is correct, could you have a vassal in balance and another in Chaos? I am guessing not, but this would resolve the issue of playing in a campaign as balance and the rest of your guild joins chaos.

You won't level faster, you will actually level slower, but you will get more stats per level.

The mechanics for using the vessels is the same as what you are doing now. The only difference is that when you go to the crypt, if you have a vessel in your inventory, you will be given the opportunity to use that vessel instead of the standard white vessel for that race.

You won't be able to have vessels in different factions in the same campaign. You choose the faction when you join the campaign and that's your faction, regardless of which vessels you use there.

At some point, vessels will be multi-world, meaning you can move from one world (EK or Campaign) to another without switching vessels. If you look at the crypt, you will see you have 6 character slots, so you will be able to have 6 vessels instantiated at any one time. I imagine we will be able to increase that number by buying additional character slots.

1 hour ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Love that it's shaping up, and that vessels don't seem to have the normal decay.  Makes them more personal.

I wonder how vessel import/export will work. 

• Can I pull my uber vessel I've been using back to my EK at the end of a campaign, or are we limited to parts and uninhabited vessels?
  • Is that a prize option for winning, export of the currently inhabited vessel and all it carries?
  • Will there be a graveyard parcel for EK's, or are all EK vessel's white by nature and require imported parts to upgrade?

Sooo many questions/options for EK/Campaign interaction with these things.

I think it would be reasonable for the equipped vessel with items, but not backpack inventory to be on your crow when you return from a defunct CW. So long as it was on the crow when the campaign ended, whether the player was online or not, even in dregs campaigns.

"To the victor go the spoils," of course; but players will have enough grief from losing the campaign. Feeling like their characters died with the campaign forever may be too much trauma for some players to handle.

Edited by chancellor
grammar

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

1 hour ago, chancellor said:

I think it would be reasonable for the equipped vessel with items, but not backpack inventory to be on your crow when you return from a defunct CW. So long as it was on the crow when the campaign ended, whether the player was online or not, even in dregs campaigns.

"To the victor go the spoils," of course; but players will have enough grief from losing the campaign. Feeling like their characters died with the campaign forever may be too much trauma for some players to handle.

Backpack of gear and your best vessel (you have more slots than you could take), would be a pretty solid reward for winning a campaign.  That would let ACE play with the import export limits as part of the in campaign activity rewards, for example getting +(1-5) exports when you participate in a POI take over. 

Those rewards could still happen, even if your on the currently losing side of a campaign, to keep people interested in fighting till the bitter end. Besides, I think for the EK economys to work, there is going to need to be regular exports from campaign worlds

Sometimes losing a sock to the washing machine is too much trauma for some players to handle.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Might be a good idea to actually put body parts higher than green rarity in the graves. We've dug up a LOT of graves on Live, with skilled gravediggers, and it appears that only green parts ever drop from them.

Edited by PopeUrban

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

30 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

Might be a good idea to actually put body parts higher than green rarity in the graves. We've dug up a LOT of graves on Live, with skilled gravediggers, and it appears that only green parts ever drop from them.

There is a rank 2 elven graveyard. Have you tried there, or just the rank 1s?