Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FIXED:MSG Ping Skyrockets after 20mins of gameplay

Pagan_

After 20 mins of gameplay, the msg ping goes from 60 to over 10k if I attempt to move. All the while Net MS stays around 50.  Any idea what this could be?  Ive downloaded and installed and don't have this issue with any other games.

-ty

FIXED:  Malwarebytes was in fact causing the issue. Disabled it and issue was resolved. 

Edited by Cameron_M
Fixed

It could be your antivirus, I had some problems with that in an earlier build - my msg would keep increasing until I disconnected. Did not happen if I turned my antivirus program off.  Send email to support@crowfall.com , they would know more about the common issues.

tiPrpwh.png

15 hours ago, Cameron_M said:

After 20 mins of gameplay, the msg ping goes from 60 to over 10k if I attempt to move. All the while Net MS stays around 50.  Any idea what this could be?  Ive downloaded and installed and don't have this issue with any other games.

-ty

How much ram do you have?

@NecroSiN was having an issue where the game would eventually eat up all 8gb of his ram and this would happen. Game has a bit of a memory leak it seems but it generally stops around 10gb of ram so if you have 16 gb you're fine. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

21 hours ago, Cameron_M said:

-ty

FIXED:  Malwarebytes was in fact causing the issue. Disabled it and issue was resolved. 

Cameron I had opened a support case on this and it looks like the newest version of Malwarebytes causes it. Same issue I had, my computer would die after 20min of crowfall with it enabled. Had to do a hard shutdown

• 2 weeks later...

Been having some major lag issues and it was microsoft updates.  Dam windows 10 causes your programs too freeze when its doing stuff behind the scenes.  

On 3/30/2018 at 6:06 PM, Cameron_M said:

Same!  I completely  just disabled MWB while playing CF.

I use Avast and I don't have many issues with Crowfall.  Careful disabling this software, lots of bad programming out there