Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Buying items ingame for VIP Tokens in Alpha / Beta

Hi.

Is there anything in the TOS that would prevent me from trading a VIP token to someone for 1500 dust?

Edited by Hi.
Removed Against-TOS content.

2 hours ago, Hi. said:

Is there anything in the TOS that would prevent me from trading a VIP token to someone for 1500 dust?

And, if not, anyone want to sell me 1500 dust?

Yes. It's not allowed to trade backer rewards through ACE services. VIP tickets are no ingame items yet. So you would have to transfer it via the gifting system on your account management site to another player. And then the other player would have to give you the dust ingame. Too much probable trouble with this kind of stuff, so ACE won't support it and don't allow those deals to be made on their forums, ingame and so on. What you do outside of ACE services is your decision though (and also your own fault). 

2W1ZHpA.jpg
EU-Support-Guild
Join - Discord Channel 

7 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

Yes. It's not allowed to trade backer rewards through ACE services. VIP tickets are no ingame items yet. So you would have to transfer it via the gifting system on your account management site to another player. And then the other player would have to give you the dust ingame. Too much probable trouble with this kind of stuff, so ACE won't support it and don't allow those deals to be made on their forums, ingame and so on. What you do outside of ACE services is your decision though (and also your own fault). 

Oh, poorly made socks. Okay, I thought VIP tokens were different as they were inherently ingame items, and would be expected to be tradable ingame anyways.

Do we know if the no 'Trading VIP' for x rule will apply after launch? I assume it won't ingame, but the forums are a different beast.

To be completely sure, i would suggest to contact support@crowfall.com. The community can always just guess and interpret. I expect any ingame items to be legally tradeable for other ingame items - at least after launch. And that this will include buildings and VIPs. Once they are ingame items it shouldnt matter if someone wants to trade ore for wood or vip. But right now they are not ingame items.

2W1ZHpA.jpg
EU-Support-Guild
Join - Discord Channel 

7 hours ago, Kraahk said:

Once they are ingame items it shouldnt matter if someone wants to trade ore for wood or vip. But right now they are not ingame items.

^^ 

I don't know if ACE will open a trade section of the official forum at launch for that type of advertisement, they may prefer to have it in-game or community-run sites only.

tiPrpwh.png

Just now, Jah said:

Not yet, though. He's asking about doing it in Alpha / Beta.

when they're in game they're in game. I assume all pre soft launch stuff will be reset so hording them is useless but  needed to test the function.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

Just now, jetah said:

when they're in game they're in game. I assume all pre soft launch stuff will be reset so hording them is useless but  needed to test the function.

They aren't in game. In order to trade his VIP he'd have to do it through the website, not in game. If he gifts them through the website they will not be reset, they will be gone.

IhhQKY6.gif

13 minutes ago, Jah said:

They aren't in game. In order to trade his VIP he'd have to do it through the website, not in game. If he gifts them through the website they will not be reset, they will be gone.

let me stress that when part in my statement above. why would anyone be stupid and trade vip now, via the website - a permanent trade, in pre-alpha? why not wait until the items are in game and it's pre soft launch where they're guaranteed to have them at soft release.

etDenA9.png

1 hour ago, jetah said:

let me stress that when part in my statement above. why would anyone be stupid and trade vip now, via the website - a permanent trade, in pre-alpha? why not wait until the items are in game and it's pre soft launch where they're guaranteed to have them at soft release.

Speaking as someone who is definitely dumb enough and has in fact been trying to do this very thing: because I don't want to spend my own time farming dust

Edit: an interesting anecdote on relative value. I was talking to someone ingame confused why someone would want to trade stuff *for* a VIP token, given the tokens are effectively worthless ingame right now. They felt the trade was a sucker's bet because you'd be giving up actual current ingame value for something ephemeral that will only be useful at some indeterminate point in the future. 

Edited by Hi.

55 minutes ago, Hi. said:

Speaking as someone who is definitely dumb enough and has in fact been trying to do this very thing: because I don't want to spend my own time farming dust

Edit: an interesting anecdote on relative value. I was talking to someone ingame confused why someone would want to trade stuff *for* a VIP token, given the tokens age effectively worthless ingame right now. They felt the trade was a sucker's bet because you'd be giving up actual current ingame value for something ephemeral that will only be useful at some indeterminate point in the future. 

considering everything will be reset in game (not the website account goods) you could trade VIP now if it were in game.

although you could just ask for it when you log in.

etDenA9.png

2 hours ago, Hi. said:

Edit: an interesting anecdote on relative value. I was talking to someone ingame confused why someone would want to trade stuff *for* a VIP token, given the tokens are effectively worthless ingame right now. They felt the trade was a sucker's bet because you'd be giving up actual current ingame value for something ephemeral that will only be useful at some indeterminate point in the future. 

I understand neither your mindset or his, but I applaud your brash and unyielding dedication to short term efficiency over long term reward. MMOs need people like you.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"