Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Showcase your guild!

Guilds are already proving to be an important element of Crowfall. There's safety in numbers, and the most successful Campaigns will be fought by bands of comrades who support one another. To celebrate the guilds themselves we’ll soon be launching the Guild Showcase section of our website, and we need your submissions!

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

Pardon my all caps but WE NEED MORE GUILD SHOWCASE SUBMISSIONS! I very badly want to launch this section of our site, but it's going to be really empty with only three guilds to highlight. There are so many awesome guilds that are active in our current testing. C'mon Crows! Flock with me! 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

Most guilds aren't active, and won't be until in-game guild support and win conditions are added.  Sugoi has under 10% of our members participating in 5.5.  There's no point making a video highlighting harvesting runs, crafting, and 5-man fights over forts.  We need epic content for a video, and that means big meaningful fights without vicious lag spikes.

Edited by Durenthal

29 minutes ago, Durenthal said:

Most guilds aren't active, and won't be until in-game guild support and win conditions are added.  Sugoi has under 10% of our members participating in 5.5.  There's no point making a video highlighting harvesting runs, crafting, and 5-man fights over forts.  We need epic content for a video, and that means big meaningful fights without vicious lag spikes.

FWIW, LoD is in the same boat but I did the showcase submission just the same. Recruitment video doesn't necessarily have to be about Crowfall. Ours is more about guild history leading up to Crowfall. 

Perhaps you should wait before using features that don't exist ingame as a showcase. We're not doing a recruiting video because there aren't any operable guild systems ingame yet, no guilds colors or crests or guild tags to feature in said video ingame yet, no guild EKs yet, no guild-held campaign structures yet. It seems at the very least premature to launch this feature. Our guild EK requires me to idle online and goes down when patches are released. Our guild bank currently consists of at-cost vendors. We have no ingame guild tags, crests, or colors. We still have to trade/export/import materials between individual guild member EKs just to stock said not-a-guild-bank.

New players have been telling you constantly that the public facing section of the crowfall website doesn't accurately represent the current state of the game and feels like false advertising. I know this isn't the intent but it is the effect. Races and classes that don't exist ingame are on the front page alongside those that do with no indication that they are unplayable. Guilds are given a presence and appearance on the frontpage that is larger than many games where they aren't actually functional ingame in any way whatsoever.

I don't think it is a good idea to make this problem worse. Wait until guilds actually exist as a functional ingame entity before attempting to use the importance of guilds as a highlight feature. Might even be a good idea to wait until there are actual GvG campaigns and hierarchies to do so. A large portion of your guilds are currently understaffed or simply not represented because of the current state of play. While groups of players are currently useful, guilds as discrete entities are currently indistinguishable from temporary player groups. A "guild showcase" is just going to make the divide between the public first impression of the game and the current state of play worse.

Edit: To clarify, I am not submitting because I agree with the new player assessment that the game's front page feels misleading, there isn't anything ingame that would make an interesting recruiting video, we don't even know if our crest is final due to possible future additions to the crest designer and I don't want to spend the time on said video that I'll just have to remake later, and I don't want to contribute to this problem. I and my guild are happily testing daily and playing together and we understand that rome wasn't built in a day, but this contest feels wildly premature and I wouldn't feel good about perpetuating it. That's why our only current recruiting efforts are here on the boards and ingame among players who have already opted to test in the current environment.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

2 hours ago, Pann said:

Pardon my all caps but WE NEED MORE GUILD SHOWCASE SUBMISSIONS! I very badly want to launch this section of our site, but it's going to be really empty with only three guilds to highlight. There are so many awesome guilds that are active in our current testing. C'mon Crows! Flock with me! 

We are working on it. But you caught us right in a conversion period. Don't worry, we'll submit, but I can't promise exactly when.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Just got into Crowfall, our guild is a couple years old. I'll see what we can do. (:

Not a lot of content in game right now but, I've enjoyed streaming 5.5 for guildies to get them hyped for launch this year. We'll do a promo video leading up to CF though Pann and link our website and other good stuff that is required.

Edit: Also as a group that just got into the game a week or two ago, I fully agree with Pope. I do feel like I blew 200$ on this, there is no guild system and things aren't clearly explained at all. A lot of the content you really, really have to dig for just to see the current state of the game. In-fact, the "What is Crowfall," really doesn't even explain what the game is to be honest.

Edited by Solenicus

On 4/6/2018 at 7:16 PM, Pann said:

In agreement to some extent with others but I just read this yesterday and I decided to go with what we have already in order to give you material - so I've submitted. I would really appreciate the option to update that info at some point if more cool stuff gets created and maybe more precise details as the game evolves.

Yours,

Edited by KDSProm

Maybe you should rename this topic to "Discussion whether guild showcases make sense at this point" xD Excuse my sarcasm, but it might seem disorganized to others, after reading the rules part of guild showcases. I get the one step at a time thing - I mean you guys are in PRE-APLHA. You are doing great. Keep up the good work.

While I see your desire to have more guilds contribute now, [Lords of the Dead] is not yet recruiting for Crowfall and don't want to mislead recruits into thinking we are.  As you are well aware, we are serious about this game and will be happy to put something together soon, but right now we do not have anything to submit.