Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
evoex

Lords of the Dead <NA>

Yeah, LotD and FoE teamed up with a few guilds on the temp in order to get some castles, then went back to "Red is dead" & "Green is dead", so now that all the reds appear to be teaming up, none of the greens care.  I call that a victim of success, and there are worse situations to deal with.

the SS of faction chat were pretty good during the Castle rush. Defiantly a top 5 fun time moment in AA pre lvl 55. Many tears were had in the mines...

Yeah, LotD and FoE teamed up with a few guilds on the temp in order to get some castles, then went back to "Red is dead" & "Green is dead", so now that all the reds appear to be teaming up, none of the greens care.  I call that a victim of success, and there are worse situations to deal with.

Oh I was there for the castle rush at least. I had a ton of fun despite being on a losing side. It was amazing how ineffective We Are Legend ended up being in the end.

rR6eI3A.png

Oh I was there for the castle rush at least. I had a ton of fun despite being on a losing side. It was amazing how ineffective We Are Legend ended up being in the end.

We will have all the coins.

We will have packs to happy in a new game!

LotD has two established chapters in ArcheAge and Wildstar, both have been up and operational for over 6 months now.  We're hoping that they can sustain interest long enough for CU and CF to enter into a more readily available testing period.

The raid scene in Wildstar is like none other; best in the business... but PvP is dead. I need more competition, and crowfall is looking like the perfect landscape to unleash my bloodlust. LotD is full of other players with the same desire and ability and has been an amazing guild from the day I joined.

From my experience with multi-game communities they tend to be a bit dead/underpopulated in each individual game.. If I were interested in joining LotD could you give an estimate of how many members might be moving with you guys?

as someone who isnt even in LotD, they are a multi-game community but they always have a pretty solid showing in sandbox PvP games like this

We typically set a target roster size for each Chapter dependent on our goals in a particular game.  And then we curtail recruiting once we hit those goals. 

For example, WildStar was originally based on 40 man increments (PvE Raids, Warplots) so you build up from there based on PvX (not everyone wants to participate on boths sides of the content), attrition, absentees, etc.  Our WS chapter max was around 200 but has drifted downward a bit as the group sizes for content have been reduced.  For example a typical night may have 60 players online (2 x 20 man PvE raids and 20 doing PvP). 

We also have an AA chapter of similar size but I can't speak to the specifics (I am involved in WS leadership but not AA) - but the same thing happened as we wanted a castle and ensured we had a force size and diplomatic relationships necessary for that to happen.

Crowfall will follow this same format and the specifics will be determined through Alpha / Beta testing.

rSHxVEY.gif

We typically set a target roster size for each Chapter dependent on our goals in a particular game.  And then we curtail recruiting once we hit those goals. 

We also have an AA chapter of similar size but I can't speak to the specifics (I am involved in WS leadership but not AA) - but the same thing happened as we wanted a castle and ensured we had a force size and diplomatic relationships necessary for that to happen.

Crowfall will follow this same format and the specifics will be determined through Alpha / Beta testing.

AA launched with actually a smaller sized group (between 75-90 I think) as the initial goal was just pirating and pissing everyone off.  I know we didn't open recruitment for quite a while until castles were announced.

Edited by valor

For CF you can expect a large turn out. All the old members are waking up from their comas and we have a new person in shoutbox / the forums every week.

I know our active chapters are getting a few new members that are just introducing themselves to the guild and killing time until CF or CU launches.

For CF you can expect a large turn out. All the old members are waking up from their comas and we have a new person in shoutbox / the forums every week.

I know our active chapters are getting a few new members that are just introducing themselves to the guild and killing time until CF or CU launches.

What he said, based on the extra interest we have seen from the crowns and crows podcast I would imagine we will be a large base interest and little recruiting to start off.

Typically it seems, if we are okay with our turnover rate at the time we will just let our in game play and a single forum post be our recruitment tools, but if need be, as valor/ren have suggested, we can really turn on recruitment.  The Archeage example is pretty fitting actually, we went into the chapter not having any interest in the maintenance/headache owning a castle would bring with it, once the decision was made due to member interest and leaderships final say we moved forward and recruited hard to increaes the size of the chapter and to fight attrition which was so prevalent once everyone new how pay to win Archeage could be.

Anyhow, the scope of the game will really be decided in testing.  If there is a 'bad UI' like in darkfall it will send some people running for the hills, if we have limited guild size per campaign this could also influence things.  Valor outlined it nicely, that once the game is in testing and we decide we will have an official chapter in the game (almost a given barring a major screw up by ACE), we will decide on a leadship team and they will set the goals for chapter, at which point we will know an approximate size that we want for the game.

QgGGP67.gif

I guess we should mention that even people joining now are not guaranteed membership come CF launch.  Once we evaluate alpha and beta a list of requirements will be made in addition to our normal list of:

• 18+ ( no minors unless you get Hades permission - very rare )
  • Must have previous MMO experience ( preferably PvP focused )
  • Must use voice comms
  • Must read and be active on forums
  • Must go through w/e the interview / recruitment process ends up being ( determined during alpha / beta )
  • You have a guild first attitude
  • You are willing to follow the LotD Rules & Regulations and accept the consequences for any misconduct or violations on your side

Extensive yes, but we've been around a long time and take membership seriously.  In fact we just took action against some members who were taking advantage of the new and sexy AA exploit.  LotD does not tolerate exploiting / cheating.

That being said if you're OK with that list and join now to introduce yourself it won't hurt your chances.  In fact those that help us during the alpha / beta stages of a game typically make it in and have a chance to help form our launch day / general plan for the game.  In most chapters we end up having a friends / family policy as well if you have people you game with but they play casually.  For a game like CF we'll have to figure out how that works.

Edited by philoc_lotd

From my experience with multi-game communities they tend to be a bit dead/underpopulated in each individual game.. If I were interested in joining LotD could you give an estimate of how many members might be moving with you guys?

Quality titles bring the membership out of the woodwork. The development team not sucking and laying a giant deuce on the consumers/community keep us playing over a longer duration. If Crowfall delivers on its promises and is a quality title, those other titles won't matter and the vast majority of the player base in the Legacy Clan will be present on the new win train.

Hey everyone, just stopping by to introduce myself! I am Varius from Ascendance and I look foward to playing with you all! Look forward to some good conversations in the future regarding the game on your pod cast as well !

KjUVOZg.png

Varius - Veteran Member of LG

Lords of the Dead has remained a consistent presence within Wildstar and as one of the last remaining top tier PvP guilds.  The game is far from perfect as you can read in this update, but we've worked hand in hand with the server community and even the development team at times to identify ways to improve the PvP experience.

Click the banner below to hear more about our success of late.

eAsZH9a.jpg