Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
evoex

Lords of the Dead <NA>

Hello LotD,

I am a new backer for Crowfall, browsing through guilds yours stood out to me by not being all in your face about grabbing new members. As well looking at the LotD forums you seem to have a very close group (even with meet ups, with a Toronto,Canada which i thought does not have a lot of gamer's). I am trying to find an application on the LotD site, however i can only find the applications for the Wildstar and ArchAge chapters. Should i comment on the Crowfall forum page? 

Any help would be appreciated! =D

Hi Glyph,

We have a great longstanding community, but we only build it to support games we are playing so we don't have a way to join LotD outside of the games we are playing.

That being said, I'll shoot you a PM about how you can link up with us!

YI9PL1P.jpg

Current political map of the Ollo server on Archeage before the next big patch.  When nations are patched in, there will be a duel to the death between the super powers.

LotD doing what it does best. Allying half the server.

The political landscape has played out as follows:

1. LotD and FoE as both medium sized guilds rolled out and killed everyone, same faction and other faction.
2. Massive alliances started on both our faction and the other faction

3. Bleeding across faction began to circumvent danger of transporting packs

4. LotD and FoE created some sort of agreement with Nocturne and Sodium Rising to assist in need (not really sure on the details)

5. There will eventually be player created factions that will require ownership of multiple castles and other certain requirements met.

Osium actually would have approved of our approach in AA.

The political landscape has played out as follows:

1. LotD and FoE as both medium sized guilds rolled out and killed everyone, same faction and other faction.

2. Massive alliances started on both our faction and the other faction

3. Bleeding across faction began to circumvent danger of transporting packs

4. LotD and FoE created some sort of agreement with Nocturne and Sodium Rising to assist in need (not really sure on the details)

5. There will eventually be player created factions that will require ownership of multiple castles and other certain requirements met.

Osium actually would have approved of our approach in AA.

Man, I am on the wrong server. I didn't think this happened in Archeage, not on this level anyway. Did you find that the the "pay to win" complaints ruined your enjoyment of the game at all, as it did for a lot of people?

Man, I am on the wrong server. I didn't think this happened in Archeage, not on this level anyway. Did you find that the the "pay to win" complaints ruined your enjoyment of the game at all, as it did for a lot of people?

Almost every one of our "core" members quit.  We saw about a 75% turnover from day 1 and were it not for some key leaders sticking through it and maintaining, we would have closed shop.  Instead we're still healthy and leading the charge and helping to organize PvP events ect.

The game's P2W is pretty hard to stomach, but with lack of quality options out there and enough interest to continue maintaining a presence, we're going to hang around as long as we can.  They tend to make the game worse with each patch though, so with the next patch on the horizon, we will see how many people stick around.

Almost every one of our "core" members quit.  We saw about a 75% turnover from day 1 and were it not for some key leaders sticking through it and maintaining, we would have closed shop.  Instead we're still healthy and leading the charge and helping to organize PvP events ect.

The game's P2W is pretty hard to stomach, but with lack of quality options out there and enough interest to continue maintaining a presence, we're going to hang around as long as we can.  They tend to make the game worse with each patch though, so with the next patch on the horizon, we will see how many people stick around.

I guess it is true that anything can be fun if the right people are involved. I guess congrats to you guys for sticking it out and making it work (alliances and all) in a game like that for as long as you have.

wbkb7Ow.jpg

Here is our latest political map.  Things will stay this way for the foreseeable future.  Major groups are positioning themselves for the next major content release, level 50 to 55 content, and the major PVP revolves around land and naval based world resources spawns. 

Osium can cry about alliances, but strategic politics and teamwork is how servers and continental competitions (such as GW2) are won.  I wouldn't expect him to know that since his clownshoe circus of a guild hasn't run at that level in more than a decade, if ever, or lasted much more than 90 days in any mmo. 

rSHxVEY.gif

Guildmaster, LotD