Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GaMiNgHaVoC

Exterior skill training

I am unsure if this has been talked about, because I haven't kept up with this specific thread.  However, I was just thinking of having an exterior way to train skills or maybe even move resources around in your "Bank".  For instances, if you don't have time to pull up skills today, we have an app or site or even part of the already Crowfall site, like the guild stuff, to access training.  Same thing with having access to your bank so that you could push stuff to your guild or even thralls to continue to make stuff for you.  I understand the later is more difficult, but would be cool.  I AM NOT saying we need this right now this would definitely be a post launch thing, but  I believe it would be a very useful thing to have.  Other games such as WOW have implemented things like this to allow players who are on the run to not fall behind.  Again sorry if this has been talked about, but I think this would be something cool to implement later on.

The VIP thing is the issue.  WoW, you need a paid subscription to use those apps.  If they create an app that allows non-VIP players to train skills on an app, it makes the 24 hour time bank less of a downer compared to a 30 day time bank.  Thus, making the it less appealing to get VIP.

Its just economics, an app that allows skill change would mean less Money.

However, creating an app to allow skill changes for VIP only would give more incentive to get VIP.

I know what I said sucks, but it's still a business and businesses must make ? ? ?.

cheers

3 hours ago, Devonic said:

The VIP thing is the issue.  WoW, you need a paid subscription to use those apps.  If they create an app that allows non-VIP players to train skills on an app, it makes the 24 hour time bank less of a downer compared to a 30 day time bank.  Thus, making the it less appealing to get VIP.

Its just economics, an app that allows skill change would mean less Money.

However, creating an app to allow skill changes for VIP only would give more incentive to get VIP.

I know what I said sucks, but it's still a business and businesses must make ? ? ?.

cheers

First off, the WOW thing is totally off the app is free so there is that.  Secondly there are other ways to balance VIP, for example increased speed on training as well as also having the bank still.  There are many ways to balance things, so i don't understand how it completely ruins VIP.  Secondly, you still have to buy the game which pays for the so you can keep it free. Thirdly, there are many incentives to get VIP besides the bank you should probably look into those.  This is all coming from someone who has a business degree and 3 of his own businesses.  So yes I know how business works..... 

7 hours ago, GaMiNgHaVoC said:

First off, the WOW thing is totally off the app is free so there is that.  Secondly there are other ways to balance VIP, for example increased speed on training as well as also having the bank still.  There are many ways to balance things, so i don't understand how it completely ruins VIP.  Secondly, you still have to buy the game which pays for the so you can keep it free. Thirdly, there are many incentives to get VIP besides the bank you should probably look into those.  This is all coming from someone who has a business degree and 3 of his own businesses.  So yes I know how business works..... 

The WOW app is free, but you must have an active subscription to use it, as you can only access lvl 1-19 on free to play.  Thus you must have an active account to manage your followers.

Just stating a reason why they would not want to make the app, don't take it personally, was just playing devils advocate.