Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Questions about the game system

Hello!

I am trying to buy the game for early access and pretty excited about the release, but i have a few questions. As far as I understood there are "campaigns" and "eternal kingdoms" in this game which you mainly play the game in, and those campaign worlds always reset, and gives you rewards. Also, as i read the gameplay articles I understand that there is a lot of crafting and economy going in the game system. But i can't understand where does that parts come in to gameplay. Are those economic, crafting features active in the campaign section which will reset or are they in the eternal kingdoms too? Can i fight and try to conquer another players eternal kingdom, or are those areas just belonging to a person or a clan just like a clubhouse, clan house etc. which has nothing about the gameplay but being used for prestige?  Is there any active gameplay going in the eternal kingdoms? And where is the "throne war simulator" comes in? At the campaign mmorpg world, or at the eternal kingdoms which we will use the rewards we get from the campaigns and fight to make our eternal kingdom bigger and better?

Boom! Welcome!

So many good questions! I'm relatively new myself, but have absorbed a good bit so I'l try to answer what I know*. (Devs/vet players - Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on any point.)

EK: Eternal Kingdoms are player run areas, belonging to a player. These are persistent worlds that can/will have ability to be upgraded with guild/player made items such as better parcels, buildings, vendors and such. The rules for each EK are set by the player who owns that EK: such as building, placing, and I believe I saw a switch for PVP (but I could be wrong). The owner player (and those with proper admin rights) can make changes to these settings. The player who owns the EK will always be the owner. 

Campaigns: Great places with differing rulesets for PVP, gather high end materials, and conquer with differing rewards (all based on the campaign ruleset). Pretty much these are where players will spend most time fighting, establishing control, and gathering the rare/high end mats. 

Your last question sums it up nicely. Rule from an EK, venture into campaigns to establish dominance and control of resources. 

Does this help or answer your questions?

*edit: not all the controls and admin settings implemented yet. 

Edited by Mazaroth

I'm unsure about resources in the EK, part of me says there will be some there, although very low tier, but another part says it wont.

Campaigns is where 99% of the resources will come from. When the campaign world (CW) ends a part of your stashed resources, gear, everything, will be moved over to your EK storage. These export rules can vary depending on how the CW is setup.

CW will vary from free for all to god factions to guild v guild to terminator death match (no respawn). Inside of each of those examples there could be bonuses to magic or melee or earth ability or fire abilities. There could be higher concentration of mana, so higher mana regen, higher stamina regen or they could just buff the main attack (lmb attack). If there is a need to nerf an ability it could just affect that campaign world (that exist) and all new CW will have the patched version.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

I think the options for EK's will be endless and go as far as the imagination of the community.

I have pictured people organizing PVP events in their EKs for prizes and bragging rights.  You can turn your EK into a shopping mall.  You can turn it into your own personal kingdom and give rights to your friends/guild mates.  Think of the EK as a staging ground/housing instance and just an overall do what you want area!  I am sure we will get more and more tools to do whatever we imagine in the EK.  We will be able to craft/make parcels grow our area.  As far as Materials go its been said many times youll just get the same basic stuff you collect at start as of now.  Slag/Knotwood/Cobblestone.  All of your account wide training/property will persist in your EK.

@that_eriksson for IG and Twitter http://youtube.com/c/ThatEriksson

On ‎01‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 2:14 AM, greyeyedking said:

Hello!

I am trying to buy the game for early access and pretty excited about the release, but i have a few questions. As far as I understood there are "campaigns" and "eternal kingdoms" in this game which you mainly play the game in, and those campaign worlds always reset, and gives you rewards. Also, as i read the gameplay articles I understand that there is a lot of crafting and economy going in the game system. But i can't understand where does that parts come in to gameplay. Are those economic, crafting features active in the campaign section which will reset or are they in the eternal kingdoms too? Can i fight and try to conquer another players eternal kingdom, or are those areas just belonging to a person or a clan just like a clubhouse, clan house etc. which has nothing about the gameplay but being used for prestige?  Is there any active gameplay going in the eternal kingdoms? And where is the "throne war simulator" comes in? At the campaign mmorpg world, or at the eternal kingdoms which we will use the rewards we get from the campaigns and fight to make our eternal kingdom bigger and better?

Welcome to the forums.

Some additions to what already has been said.

"Are those economic, crafting features active in the campaign section which will reset or are they in the eternal kingdoms too?"

Both. Probably important to know is that each account has an account inventory which exists outside the worlds and can be used to import/export stuff to both EK's and campaigns. Usually campaigns will have limited imports (up to none) and possible exports depend on your campaign result. Campaigns with no imports of course require all the trading and crafting to be done solely within these campaigns, while those with imports allow you to prepare beforehand in the EK's. So there is economics in both. EK's economics depend on campaigns, some campaign economics can be supported by EK's within limits. 

"Can i fight and try to conquer another players eternal kingdom"

As been said, the EK's themselves can not be conquered by the usual means. It's possible to do kind of player-organized tournaments of course. Let's say two guilds build each a stronghold within a neutral EK and they fight; winner gets it all. You can create hierarchies and/or realize a feudal system where several groups can vie to be the strongest, which then is allowed to rule the EK.

Besides that it is technical possible to import whole EK's into the campaign world. The devs mentioned it once and though it might be an interesting idea to provide campaigns that are made of EK's, so player groups could directly attack other EK's and defend the own. But that was just an idea and there haven't been any more concrete plans yet. But it's possible and we might get it one day.

And where is the "throne war simulator" comes in?

Both in the EK's and the CW's. In the EK's it will be more roleplay/group management/player-organized. And in the campaigns it is about ruling the world, because who rules the world wins the campaign. You can kneel before other groups in the campaigns and the guild system generally allows for several levels of sub-guilds. We will hear more about these things soon. But i would expect that especially in the guild campaigns, the extensive sub-guild system will be used to organize the thronewar.