Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MEET THE KOBOLD!

Hi.

0WkmIKt.png

KOBOLD

Long serving as Thralls and Comfort Creatures to the mighty Dragons, no-one is quite sure where the first Kobolds first arose. Some believe they were created through the magical union of Dragon and Man, while others believe a particularly powerful and lonely Dragon created the first Kobold to serve as it's companion. Whatever their source, any worlds the mighty Dragons are found are sure to house a thriving population of Kobolds.

RACE OVERVIEW

Kobolds serve as Crowfall's first 'Advanced' race, which means players will need to craft or otherwise obtain a Vessel of this type before being able to play as a Kobold. Players will need to take this Vessel item to a local Crypt in order to create a Kobold Character. Kobold body parts are not available from regular graveyards, however! Those wishing to obtain the materials to create Kobold Vessels themselves will need to head to the Crown Shop (or their local trade hub!) to purchase a Kobold Cache.

KOBOLD CACHE

The Kobold Cache is our first 'cache' item. These tradable items, when opened, can obtain a variety of different items chosen randomly. In the case of the Kobold Cache, they can contain anything from Ethereal Dust, Advanced Crafting Materials, Kobold Body Parts (used to craft Kobold Vessels!), or (rarely) Kobold Vessels themselves.

Buyer be aware, however! Kobolds (and thus their Vessels and Body Parts) come in *six* different varieties, each with significant variations on both their cosmetic appearance, and in-game abilities. Kobold Vessels can be found in Red, Blue, Green, White, Black, and (extremely rare) Metallic varieties.

Enough about how you play a Kobold, how about what they do?

KOBOLD RUNESTONE

wxbyqEt.png

KOBOLD
The Kobold Racial Runestone grants

An attribute bonus to Spirit

An attribute bonus to Constitution

An attribute bonus to a Third Stat (x), dependent on the Kobold's Color. - Red (Intellect), Blue (Intellect), Green, (Constitution) White (Spirit), Black (Strength), and Metallic (Dexterity)

A Ring equipment slot

The Kobold Bloodline passive consists of:

Far Jump: A significant bonus to horizontal jump distance, at the cost of increased stamina consumption.

<x> Hide: A small bonus to all resistances (including physical), and a large bonus to a single resistance dependent on the Kobold's Color. - Red (Fire), Blue (Cold), Green, (Poison) White (Holy), Black (Darkness), and Metallic (Physical)

Additionally, this Race offers two Active Powers that you can choose to add to your Power Tray.

The first power is the race specific right-click block power Cuddle Together. This ability multiplies the bonus to resistances granted by the Kobold's <x> Hide skill. The true potential of this ability is realized when multiple Kobolds use this ability in close proximity, as multiple Kobolds will both boost the effect (dependent on the number of Kobolds), and causes them to 'squish' together (beyond normal player clipping distance) creating powerful 'stacks'.

The second power is Breath of <x>, a powerful instant-cast Cone ability with a stacking component when used by multiple Kobolds. Both the immediate, and stacking components of this ability are dependent on the Kobold's Color. - Red (Fire nuke with an intensity-stacking dot), Blue (Cold damage with an intensity-stacking snare), Green (Poison damage with a duration-stacking dot), White (Heal with an intensity-stacking hot), Black (Darkness nuke with an intensity and duration-stacking dot), and Metallic (Heal with a duration-stacking buff to all stats)

CLASSES AND GENDERS AVAILABLE

Knight, Cleric, and a Third Class dependent on the Kobold's Color. - Red (Confessor), Blue (Frostweaver), Green (Druid), White (Cleric), Black (Assassin), and Metallic (Duelist)

There is no in-game difference for Races that offer multiple genders, it’s purely cosmetic. As Kobolds are considered a 'Monster' race, we are planning only to make Female versions of them.

Edited by Hi.

Actually got on the forums today to suggest adding a Kobold race. Though if I'm reading what you are saying correctly, you want people to buy Kobolds piece by piece (With that cache system). If that's the case, just scrap that and add the race outright :P

It's awesome that Crowfall does have a few unique races I haven't seen in other games, but Kobolds, despite being in many games, have never appeared as a playable race. I would adore playing as Kobolds in this game, even if it meant cutting a race :P. (Kobolds suggested by OP/being descendants of dragons, not the Kobolds Blizzard has. No idea what those things are.)

EDIT: After reading the rest of the post, I feel as if you are trying to make the Kobolds sexualized, with the ability "cuddle together" and making them all female. While I like the idea of them having a skill where if they are grouped together, they get a buff, I'm not to fond of the whole clipping into each other via "squishing". I would also like to play as a male Kobold and in general detest gender locking characters. This also goes for having their color be locked to a class.

Edited by Zenopo

8 hours ago, Zenopo said:

Actually got on the forums today to suggest adding a Kobold race. Though if I'm reading what you are saying correctly, you want people to buy Kobolds piece by piece (With that cache system). If that's the case, just scrap that and add the race outright :P

It's awesome that Crowfall does have a few unique races I haven't seen in other games, but Kobolds, despite being in many games, have never appeared as a playable race. I would adore playing as Kobolds in this game, even if it meant cutting a race :P. (Kobolds suggested by OP/being descendants of dragons, not the Kobolds Blizzard has. No idea what those things are.)

EDIT: After reading the rest of the post, I feel as if you are trying to make the Kobolds sexualized, with the ability "cuddle together" and making them all female. While I like the idea of them having a skill where if they are grouped together, they get a buff, I'm not to fond of the whole clipping into each other via "squishing". I would also like to play as a male Kobold and in general detest gender locking characters. This also goes for having their color be locked to a class.

you havnt played Daoc then? Kobbies are a playable race. 

7 hours ago, Fefner said:

you havnt played Daoc then? Kobbies are a playable race. 

I have not, but assume it to be a really old game, a board game or a card game. (Would also like to know what "Daoc" stands for)

13 minutes ago, Zenopo said:

I have not, but assume it to be a really old game, a board game or a card game. (Would also like to know what "Daoc" stands for)

Daoc is Dark Age of Camelot, probably the best ever pvp game of its time and probably still is but EA bought it out and it went downhill from there. It was the original rvr game (3 realm combat) which Guild Wars 2 and Eso based its pvp off and now CF. I think its been running for just over 15 years.

Kobolds were a race for the Midguard realm (vikings), its the only mmo ive ever seen them in as a playable race and ive played alot of mmo's.

8 minutes ago, Fefner said:

Daoc is Dark Age of Camelot, probably the best ever pvp game of its time and probably still is but EA bought it out and it went downhill from there. It was the original rvr game (3 realm combat) which Guild Wars 2 and Eso based its pvp off and now CF. I think its been running for just over 15 years.

Kobolds were a race for the Midguard realm (vikings), its the only mmo ive ever seen them in as a playable race and ive played alot of mmo's.

Just checked it out and that game uses fugly, non-descendants-of-dragons Kobolds =P However this does remind me of a current game, Camelot Unchained, which has loads of unique, never before seen races and they are playable! Still sad to say even they do not have Kobolds though...but it does make me want Kobolds in this game even more so!

Just goes to show just how rare/non-exsistent playable Kobolds are and why they should be in this game.

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't want it to look like that... but yeah... we need a "Green Skin". From Shadownbane "Grobold", which was their take. It would be a "small race". but it would be an alt to rats. Think "Goblin" and less "lizard"... though SB's "Lizard Men" would be cool as well.
Image result for grobold shadobane

Edited by Armegeddon

Advance races gave me an idea.

I think there may be a good idea to add advance recipes that are obtain either by going so far down a crafting tree, or reciped looted from the open world like the dungeon/adventure system/bosses they got going.

These items wont add a power spike aka a new tier but it offers more options. Be it difference appearances aka races like above or armor/weapon looks.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

3 hours ago, Doomshadow said:

I still hope after release they can put in Aracroix, Shade and Nephilim from SB. I don't know if those would involve copyright issues. SB had the best diversity for races of the games I have played. 

I can definitely see a Shade race being added, given the nature of The Hunger...

There's a reason they are low level monsters in D&D: they suck.  I know its not constructive but there's already one poorly made socksty "cute" race for the weebs to fawn over...

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

On 5/20/2018 at 8:13 PM, Doomshadow said:

I still hope after release they can put in Aracroix, Shade and Nephilim from SB. I don't know if those would involve copyright issues. SB had the best diversity for races of the games I have played. 

Aren't fae already basically Aracroix/Nephs? I do like the lore from the sb races.  Shade always held a special place in my heart with that ma warlock theme. 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

@Doomshadow

Don't be taking attention away from the Kobolds now o3o

@mandalore

It's time for the Kobold race to rise! No more being an enemy, no more being looked down upon, no. more. being weak!

8 hours ago, mandalore said:

Aren't fae already basically Aracroix/Nephs? I do like the lore from the sb races.  Shade always held a special place in my heart with that ma warlock theme. 

I'd like to see a race with built in night/day effects and a shade-like race would be cool for that. Just don't make them gimp in one or the other. Like give them a racial power that does different stuff depending on day/night, like its camoflauge at night but refills dodge during the day or something.

When I was in art school I did up a flightless bird race of peacock/parrot/cassowary influenced tribal warriors with a bit of a mayan theme for a project. I'd love to see a thing like that. Birdmen that didn't fly, but were fast and had gnarly talons and beak attacks and flashy feather shows to disorient opponents.

Crow-men would be a little on the nose, and my peacock mayans might be a bit too flashy, but I think some sort of man-vulture race would be very crowfall. Built in corpse exploitation skills, bone armor, etc. Racial bonuses to necromancy and gravedigging obviously. Classes as druid, ranger, and Myrmidon?

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

14 hours ago, Zenopo said:

@mandalore

It's time for the Kobold race to rise! No more being an enemy, no more being looked down upon, no. more. being weak!

Negative, Kobolds are simple minded, low-level trash in D&D and thus will remain so. 

wiDfyPp.png

A draconian or a dragonborn would be better than a kobold. 

wiDfyPp.png

3 hours ago, mandalore said:

A draconian or a dragonborn would be better than a kobold. 

Those have been done before, while Kobolds have not. You also seem to have some sort of vendetta towards them. What did they ever do to you?

I've leveled many a tabletop char off their kind :P

I just don't want this turning into weeb event where its all cutesy hogwash.  We already have Renaissance hamsters, we don't need more than that.

wiDfyPp.png