Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lightsig

"Blue Frogs" on Test Server

When I played SWG they would offer a test server with Blue Frogs that you could grab resources from, set skills with a single click, and grant items to yourself. This made the possible 'metas' much clearer to the playerbase and made issues of balance more visible to the product team.

Any chances we are getting something analogous to this? Really want to test crafting but everytime I do I lose time running around trying to avoid conflict and while that is reasonable for campaign testing it leaves no room for dedicated crafters to see crafting potential without sinking significant time during unforeseeable skill and spirit bank wipes.

1 hour ago, Lightsig said:

When I played SWG they would offer a test server with Blue Frogs that you could grab resources from, set skills with a single click, and grant items to yourself. This made the possible 'metas' much clearer to the playerbase and made issues of balance more visible to the product team.

Any chances we are getting something analogous to this? Really want to test crafting but everytime I do I lose time running around trying to avoid conflict and while that is reasonable for campaign testing it leaves no room for dedicated crafters to see crafting potential without sinking significant time during unforeseeable skill and spirit bank wipes.

How many people do you think are needed to test crafting?

You just want to demo it, which is fine, but let's just be honest about it.

3 hours ago, Lightsig said:

The test server actually has vendors with free money, dust, basic gear, and mats of every rarity. The live server does not for obvious reasons.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

@DocHollidaze

Not sure what you're getting at. There are new things being added and parts being changed. For new features, all the testers willing to, and paying to, would seem fiiine to me. Also, regression testing in this scenario seems expected and doesn't hurt. Granted we're not being vetted as product testers we're just buying into it on different tiers of previewlage. Maybe they are gating it to filter out the excess of noise they are already getting and feel inclined to respond to. /shrug

@PopeUrban

Hm, last time I checked I didn't have access to test, unfortunately.

Edited by Lightsig

2 minutes ago, Lightsig said:

@DocHollidaze

Not sure what you're getting at. There are new things being added and parts being changed. For new features, all the testers willing to, and paying to, would seem fiiine to me. Also, regression testing in this scenario seems expected and doesn't hurt. Granted we're not being vetted as product testers we're just buying into it on different tiers of previewlage. Maybe they are gating it to filter out the excess of noise they are already getting and feel inclined to respond to. /shrug

@PopeUrban

Hm, last time I checked I didn't have access to test, unfortunately.

Make sure you download the TEST client. its a separate client from the LIVE client. In general TEST access is limited based on testing group, and they open it up to lower access groups as needed.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"